Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I've been wondering what the Sanctioned Suicide community thinks of LGBTQ people. Do you dislike the LGBTQ community? Are you an ally? Do you identify as LGBTQ yourself? I'd love to hear your responses!

• Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon, amyrel, Forever Sleep and 4 others
Odahviing475

Odahviing475

Apr 12, 2023
I think you'll find a lot of LGBTQ+ people here because a lot of society isnt very welcoming. I'm gay myself!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: girlsboysthems, kawaiiphantom, forthelasttime and 18 others
Hannah05

Hannah05

Dec 5, 2023
Everyone should have the right to live their life without *someone* bothering them.

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, kermudgeon, H25pital Order and 10 others
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I think you'll find a lot of LGBTQ+ people here because a lot of society isnt very welcoming. I'm gay myself!
Congrats on being gay! I've been questioning whether I'm bi or lesbian. I do agree with you on suicide and depression being caused by homophobia. My own mother said some pretty homophobic things directed at me yesterday, which made me cut myself immediately afterwards. I wish homophobia would end. I'm a Christian, and I study theology, and I've gotta say, the Bible never says LGBTQ people are bad (in the original texts, at least). The original Hebrew texts never oppose a consensual, loving homosexual relationship. English translators added homophobic stuff in there that wasn't there originally. People need to stop using religion to justify their homophobia.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, kermudgeon, Trakehner and 3 others
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
I'm still very new to this forum but so far I haven't seen anyone be openly homophobic and I'm bisexual myself!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: forthelasttime, kermudgeon, okdroplet and 3 others
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I'm gay and I think this is one of the many reasons I'm suicidal. My parents are homophobic and I don't see myself being happy in a relationship in the future.

I mean its no surprise most people are on here are LGBT+. Almost have of LGBT youth have seriously considered suicide, higher for non-binary and trans folk, according to the Trevor Project. A lot of rates and stats will include a separate number for this group, because of disproportionately higher rates of mental illness, suicidal ideation, attempts and death.

One theory is that the higher stats comes from increased stress of being a minority. ( I believe this). Also why females could have potentially higher rates of depression and anxiety too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon, Trakehner, アホペンギン and 2 others
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I'm still very new to this forum but so far I haven't seen anyone be openly homophobic and I'm bisexual myself!
Congrats on being bi! I'm very glad you haven't seen anyone homophobic on this forum. I've been a long-time lurker, but recently got an account, and I also haven't seen any homophobic stuff. But I also haven't seen any LGBTQ supporters either, so that's why I asked.
I'm gay and I think this is one of the many reasons I'm suicidal. My parents are homophobic and I don't see myself being happy in a relationship in the future.

I mean its no surprise most people are on here are LGBT+. Almost have of LGBT youth have seriously considered suicide, higher for non-binary and trans folk, according to the Trevor Project. A lot of rates and stats will include a separate number for this group, because of disproportionately higher rates of mental illness, suicidal ideation, attempts and death.

One theory is that the higher stats comes from increased stress of being a minority. ( I believe this). Also why females could have potentially higher rates of depression and anxiety too.
Congrats on being gay! I'm so sorry about that. There will always be a safe space for you here. I'll support you no matter what. Personally, my mom being homophobic is not why I'm suicidal. I've attempted before I even identified as queer. I'm suicidal for lots of different reasons. The homophobia in my family has caused me great distress, but never to that degree. I hope you're able to get away from the homophobic environment and find somewhere supportive.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, アホペンギン and huphup
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have experienced strong sexual desires toward other women, but I have only ever dated men, and I have been 100% straight in my sexual desires for the past several months, so I'm like a bi-cycle-sexual, lol. In a few months, I'll go the other way and think I'm destined to be a lesbian. It's so weird.

Either way, I deconverted from Christianity over a decade ago, so I have no reason to feel shame about it anymore.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, lachrymost, アホペンギン and 2 others
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I have experienced strong sexual desires toward other women, but I have only ever dated men, and I have been 100% straight in my sexual desires for the past several months, so I'm like a bi-cycle-sexual, lol. In a few months, I'll go the other way and think I'm destined to be a lesbian. It's so weird.

Either way, I deconverted from Christianity over a decade ago, so I have no reason to feel shame about it anymore.
Congrats on being queer! I think what you are is called a bi-lesbian. I recommend you look into it. It means you only experience one type of attraction with women, and the other type with men. For example, you could experience sexual attraction with women, but romantic attraction only with men. I can't label you, but I recommend you read this: https://queerdom.fandom.com/wiki/Bi-Lesbian. I'm super sorry that the Christian Church was so toxic for you that you had to deconvert. I'm so mad at the Christian church. Their homophobia is pushing people away from Jesus. Don't let the Church represent the religion. If you ever change your mind and decide to come back to Christianity, there are accepting churches out there. God loves gays!

• Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon and アホペンギン
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Lots of trans people here.

Reactions: kermudgeon, traumer, Al Gul and 4 others
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Not entirely sure. I've thought I may be Bi or something but it's complicated.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン and Burden_Bailey
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I don't think it's a matter of supporting LGBTQ or not but rather minding one's own business.I just don't care who other people are attracted to

Reactions: wait.what, Skathon, Grav and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I treat people as individuals. Their gender/sexuality doesn't matter to me most of the time.

I am not fond of people who are into group think tho in general so as always it depends on individual and how they act.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, psp3000, Grav and 4 others
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
So sorry that the world isn't a kind and accepting enough place to welcome, making everything difficult when all the people do is just to love

Reactions: Burden_Bailey and アホペンギン
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Just wanted to mention, I love that you respond to others within this thread being queer with "congratulations". Makes me remind myself that being queer isn't bad and that it can be something to be celebrated. 💛

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Burden_Bailey, Al Gul and アホペンギン
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
I'm a transgender woman. It causes me a lot of stress and dysphoria is probably 50% of my reason for being suicidal. Plus being trans in America is scary right now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: forthelasttime, 사람이 없어, Rhizomorph1 and 7 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Cis straight woman here, one who doesn't have any problem with people being gay, trans, non binary or whatever other ' label ' . I think it's a shame people in 2023 still can't be who they want to be.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Darkover, TorturedEnough and 5 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'm fine with them, they're just trying to live their lives and they deserve to be provided the resources and the respect to make their lives better… The society is really unwelcoming when it comes to those in the LGBTQ community and I think this behavior towards said community leads a lot of them here. It's sad.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Sylveon, Burden_Bailey and 2 others
Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
Bi, but with very little experience with men for one reason or another. As such I barely feel a part of the whole LGBTQ+ community, but as an acronym descriptor and all, I hope people are fine with me existing. The ones who aren't should get some better reasons to hate me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, fwompie, Burden_Bailey and 1 other person
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
I was wondering the same and it's heartwarming how everyone is so supportive and just cute af is on here. I'm bi but tend a little more to woman so idk somewhere between bi and lesbian xD

• Love
Reactions: amyrel, Trakehner, Sylveon and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think most people are very supportive here. We all share a common feeling at the end of the day. I'm cis and straight myself but I think we should all be able to feel comfortable in whoever we are. I think that's maybe why people here are so supportive of one another on the whole- many of us don't exactly feel like we belong- for lots of different reasons.

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Burden_Bailey and Al Gul
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023

One theory is that the higher stats comes from increased stress of being a minority. ( I believe this). Also why
I already responded to Hup Hup.
I'm a transgender woman. It causes me a lot of stress and dysphoria is probably 50% of my reason for being suicidal. Plus being trans in America is scary right now.
Congrats on being trans! I think you are a beautiful, genuine woman. I'm so sorry this has made you suicidal. I'm a cisgender woman, so I can't relate to you, but I'm so sorry you feel like this. It really is unfair how society treats trans people. I live in America too, and watching the news makes me even more scared for you guys. I hope America will become more accepting.
Cis straight woman here, one who doesn't have any problem with people being gay, trans, non binary or whatever other ' label ' . I think it's a shame people in 2023 still can't be who they want to be.
Thank you so much for being an ally! There is nothing wrong with being cis or straight, but there is a problem with opposing those who aren't.

Same for Forever Sleep.
Bi, but with very little experience with men for one reason or another. As such I barely feel a part of the whole LGBTQ+ community, but as an acronym descriptor and all, I hope people are fine with me existing. The ones who aren't should get some better reasons to hate me.
Congrats on being bi! Just remember that, you are a part of the LGBTQ community, and you belong in it.
I was wondering the same and it's heartwarming how everyone is so supportive and just cute af is on here. I'm bi but tend a little more to woman so idk somewhere between bi and lesbian xD
Congrats on being bi/lesbian! Me too! I think you might be a bi-lesbian. It can be someone who is bi, but focuses mainly on their relationship with women or non-men. I can't label you, but I think you should look into it. I recommend you read this: https://queerdom.fandom.com/wiki/Bi-Lesbian. I agree that everyone is so cute and sweet on here. I love how FixThe26 is all like, "Sanctioned Suicide are murderers! They're killing little children!" And they completely ignore posts like this. Also, who said suicide was a bad thing?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trakehner, CloudyNightSky and Al Gul
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Lots of trans people here.
I would describe myself as such, but will never bother to transition. What's the point if I'm gonna CTB anyway?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: amyrel, 4am, traumer and 2 others
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I think the number of lgbtq+ members on here is very distressing, as nice as it is to meet them. Its truly unfortunate they feel like they have no other choice or that they can't stand being closeted anymore, but with no hope to come out to the world without backlash. I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: amyrel, Burden_Bailey, Trakehner and 1 other person
S

sunsun

Dec 9, 2023
I'd like to say I'm bi but tbh idk if I would date a man

Reactions: amyrel, ColorlessTrees and Burden_Bailey
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Any ace people on here? 🖤🩶🤍💜

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: amyrel, WearyWanderer, Burden_Bailey and 3 others
qw3rty259

qw3rty259

𝕭𝖎𝖌 𝕱𝖆𝖙 𝕷𝖆𝖟𝖞 𝕵𝖚𝖎𝖈𝖞 𝕮𝖔𝖈𝖐✨
Jun 19, 2023
I support LGB, don't quite understand Ts but hey, they can do what they want with their bodies.
I love non-binaries. Hope that the man and woman gender roles will cease to exist in the future.

• Love
Reactions: amyrel and ColorlessTrees
noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
I am personally heterosexual, but I fully support the LGBT fight for human rights. Because homophobia causes enormous suffering to many people around us. It is unacceptable. Unfortunately, I'm from russia🤮, there is a totally homophobic society here; according to sociologists, only 3% of the population can be classified as LGBT-friendly. It's scary to think how much hatred, bullying and discrimination LGBT people have to experience. Actually, in my entire life, half a century, I have met maybe one or two heterosexuals who are NOT homophobic. When I was young, I just didn't think about it, I myself was a homophobe, like everyone around me. But then I told myself - fuck society, I can think with my own head and retrain myself. Several years ago, I even donated money to charities helping LGBT people. Today, all such organizations in fail state russia are prohibited, even a personal talk between two adults about LGBT is a criminal offense, even just mentioning the abbreviation LGBT is criminally punishable, drawing a rainbow is also criminally punishable. The authorities are holding competitions to kill LGBT people - Project Saw (yes, a real hunt like in Faces of Death). Overall, it's fucked up.

What can I say - rays of goodness to all LGBT people. Well, besides the rays of goodness, I would like you all to have rays of death for protection.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Burden_Bailey, NumbItAll and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Congrats on being queer! I think what you are is called a bi-lesbian. I recommend you look into it. It means you only experience one type of attraction with women, and the other type with men. For example, you could experience sexual attraction with women, but romantic attraction only with men. I can't label you, but I recommend you read this: https://queerdom.fandom.com/wiki/Bi-Lesbian. I'm super sorry that the Christian Church was so toxic for you that you had to deconvert. I'm so mad at the Christian church. Their homophobia is pushing people away from Jesus. Don't let the Church represent the religion. If you ever change your mind and decide to come back to Christianity, there are accepting churches out there. God loves gays!
I really don't subscribe to the sexual attraction/romance divide that seems to be all the rage these days. If I want to have sex with someone, I would prefer to date them and have a relationship with them as well. In some circles, that would make me "demisexual" or some crap, but I'm just old-fashioned on this point.

I would say that my attraction to both sexes is even, just that it usually fluctuates to be one or the other. I have no idea how that will go in a long-term relationship if I ever get in one.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Burden_Bailey
itgotme0d

itgotme0d

Dec 10, 2023
yeahh i mean im trans myself and my access to estrogen is unstable and it got stole by my family like a week ago. it adds an insane amount of stress i cant really handle it its a lot of whats pushing me over the edge. :/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 사람이 없어, 4am, amyrel and 3 others