• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Your statements about SN are incorrect (and demonstrably so) but as you mention that is not the focus of this thread, and has doubtless been covered elsewhere.
Please cite evidence proving SN is painless in every occasion that rejects my "demonstrably so" incorrect statement.

My statements about not using SN bcuz I know it will be painful for me stem from Stan. (And my personal take on several anecdotal accounts. Hence potentially painful for anyone with stomach or intestinal issues.

Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I have problems with my digestive system, is SN good for me?

Answer: If the conditions means that your digestive tract is ulcerated, it is possible that you are pouring salt onto an open wound which could cause severe pain.

To anyone who may read this, it's clear the salt method could kill you but the reliability and peacefulness are questionable. As with all methods, research should be done by you to determine the method that suits you.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Please cite evidence proving SN is painless in every occasion that rejects my "demonstrably so" incorrect statement.

My statements about not using SN bcuz I know it will be painful for me stem from Stan. (And my personal take on several anecdotal accounts. Hence potentially painful for anyone with stomach or intestinal issues.

To anyone who may read this, it's clear the salt method could kill you but the reliability and peacefulness are questionable. As with all methods, research should be done by you to determine the method that suits you.

Obviously your experience with SN will be different from the norm if you have preexisting stomach or intestinal issues. All of the guides are written with the target being the most typical, average user, and I'm not somehow at fault for working on the assumption that you are such an average user until you tell me otherwise.

Perhaps 'demonstrably so' was a slight exaggeration on my part, but I would certainly describe SN as painless and relatively free of discomfort. This assertion is supported by both the PPH and Stan's Guide. I'm not required to (somehow?) provide evidence that SN is completely painless on every occasion, nor was that my original assertion. I would however state that the vast majority of average users (i.e. with normal stomach/intestines) who followed the SN protocol exactly and added all of the optional components would have experienced little to no discomfort.

Ilpiccoloskywalker

Ilpiccoloskywalker

Free hugs
Jan 8, 2020
Don't want to ruin your fun assuming other person's nationality based on absolutely nothing, but I am pretty sure the poster calculated the amount from volumes given in infographic. 1 cup = 240 ml. 118 cups needed to succeed. 240*118 = 28320 ml or approximately 28 L of coffee.
Sorry for offtop.
Then i share the same doubts with him
This infographic is shit without specifing time.
12 shots don't kill you if you take one per day. I assume one can drink 12 shot almost at the same time, but 28L of coffee is impossible to drink instantly

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Caffeine overdoses suck. I'm not commenting on the accuracy of the calculation, but I will say that one would be long dead from hyponatremia LONG before 28l could be consumed. I don't have the cases in front of me, but death has occurred with drinking water in the 4 - 8L range.

as with hypernatremia, I would not recommend attempting ctb by consuming water and inducing low blood sodium.

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
Mods, I would look at closing this one. I am concerned that the topic has gotten way off which was: should you use regular table salt as an alternative to SN. The general consensus is that the two methods are not comparable and table salt is not a good substitute for SN. I would hate for someone to review these and think the issue was still up for debate. There may be a thread for alternatives to SN but I can speak as a chemist that the substitution of table salt is absolutely not a valid mechanism for SN.

Reactions: autumnal
Status
Not open for further replies.