• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm not sure as to what English interjections are for monkey sounds, so I'll just list <barks, screams, howls, hoots, chatters, squeaks, whines, clicks, chirps, and growls> to illustrate my mental state that has driven me to the current research. This is supposed to be an addendum to my proper post in the Recovery section.

P.S. I'll bring up some cases of this infamous, hellish drivel.

1. "However, in the works of the English philosopher of the 16th century, Thomas Hobbes".
1) Hobbes is from the 17th century > thus making me grit my teeth in frustration;
2) the structure is wrong per English feel > it would rather be written "the 17th century English philosopher", not of... of...

2. "Its function is to reveal the evaluating, subjective attitude of the writer towards the thing described."
1) "Evaluating" seems to me like a disgusting word - why not say "value-judging" or "value-affirming" or whatever?
2) "of the writer" - again, this Russian "of"! It should be > "the writer's value-judging opinion".

And just to prove I'm not making it up with my RU-English moniker, look at this garbage! Just google <"emotive proper" epithet>. Does it have a single source that's not derived from the former Russian Empire? It's all 100% Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian or Kazakh!

ttps://estylistics.blogspot.com/2012/05/epithet-as-stylistic-device.html
ttps://www.academia.edu/19504307/English_stylistics_Figures_of_replacement_metaphor_metonymy_epithet
ttps://www.scribd.com/document/71194263/материал
ttps://prezi.com/_akyz4_gjwkb/structural-and-semantic-peculiarities-of-epithets-in-the-nov/
ttps://kazedu.com/referat/169951/9

Yes, everyone here is Russian, kill me now... And they have the gall to call it a study of English? Apologies for the tangent.

P.P.S. Now this is schizo of me to go on yet another tangent, but look at this garbage! Back in 2023 I was absolutely distraught at the case of the "subjective participial construction" because this jumble of words I could only ever find in a single Korean (sic!) pdf - in an ocean of otherwise Russian English. I've just googled it again (via Bing and a VPN to make my browsing US-centric), and what do I find? An Academia paper by a non-Russian last name. Interesting...
ttps://www.academia.edu/2384033/The_Peculiarties_of_Participial_Constructions_in_Modern_English

...But then I take a curious, dumbfounded look at the sources at the end, and what do I see?
Gordon E.M., Krilova I.P. A Grammar of Present-Day English. Moscow, 1974
Gordon E.M., Krilova I.P. The English Verbals. Moscow, 1973
Ilyish B.A. The Structure of Modern English. M._L., 1965
Blokh M.Y. A Course In Theoritical English Grammar. Moscow, 1983
Natanson E.A. Practical English Grammar by Correspondence. Moscow, 1973
Khayamovich B.S., Rogovskaya B.I . A Course in English Grammar. Moscow, 1967
Каушанская В.Л., Ковнер Л.Р., Кожевникова О.Н., Прокофьева Е.В., Райнес З.М., Сквирская С.Е., Цырлина Ф.Л. Грамматика английского языка. Ленинград, 1963
Бархударов Л.С. , Штелинг Д.А. Грамматика английского языка. Москва, 1966

I feel like in The Truman Show right now.
/cue monkey screech
/cue cage rattle

(Yes, this is the Ukraine. Yes, I am pro-Russian. But the difference is akin to between eating a nicely-roasted insect straight out of Klaus Schwab's kitchen, and taking a bite at a living tarantula.)