TeflonMummy

TeflonMummy

Apr 1, 2023
Something I noticed watching a lot of interactions with the police recently is when someone gets caught, they only really have one option; wait until they get fucked in court and watch the rest of their life fall to pieces. Sometimes it's justified, often times it's not. But the thing that always stood out to me is what happens to people caught in this net. It seems for a long time their brain can't understand that there really is no way out. They repeat the same phrases over and over to no resolve. It's really sad to watch.

Hope does some really fucked shit to our minds. We'll keep going through the same motions over and over until we can't anymore, for the hope of something changing. It's never until its over that you can finally let go of hope. I did the same thing for so long; try option A; get result A. Try option B; get result A, and so on till it finally ended. It's a mental loop I followed because I hoped I wouldn't have to go back to picking up the pieces of my life on my own.

I recently abandoned hope, but instead of reaching the pit of despair I thought was waiting for me, it feels so much different. I'm still fighting and hanging on, I feel like myself again. But I have to keep asking myself, am I about to enter the same loop of hope I was before? That now I'm hoping for a chance to strike it out on my own? I can't understand why I keep doing this to myself.

I keep falling into this trap every time I can succeed even though I know I'm guaranteed to fail no matter what I change or try. It's the same emotions every single day in the same order for the last week. I cry, I stand up, I laugh, I get lonely, I wander, I end up wasting my time, and it just keeps going every day.

I want to give up and keep going at the same time and I don't know how to choose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shivali and ghostofapoet
ghostofapoet

ghostofapoet

wicce
May 17, 2023
i think i understand what you mean. honestly, hope has got to be a the ultimate delayer of pain. even when you know emphatically that things are just bound for failure + heartache, a glimmer of hope refuses to stay silent.
i'm in a situation currently where i know that my life is about to change for the absolute worst, where i'll have to return to an unsupportive, religiously oppressive home but i keep hoping that maybe they'll understand me + change even though i know they won't. but that hope keeps hurting me, and it's that constant back + forth that's driving me crazy. it's got to be biological, but it's really fucking annoying that i can't fully give in to the despair without hope just tugging on me

• Love
Reactions: TeflonMummy and Shivali
P

pphinquiry

Apr 15, 2023
Im also a grandaddy fan on here.

• Love
Reactions: TeflonMummy