P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I am thinking of running away to some place probably an abandoned building or some forest area. And staying there for a few days without telling anyone.I ll leave my phone behind . My family doesn't seem serious about my depression particularly my father. I hope this makes them serious. I ll carry a rug with me since it is cold right now over here . There is one issue I cannot stay without food for long, I do have money but I don't want to eat normal food, basically I want to make it appear that I am very much depressed which I am. I am thinking of eating leaves of trees and surviving. I am in a very stressful job right now,hopefully I am able to quit it and able to do an easy job. My main problems rejection sensitivity dysphoria,I need my family to validate my choices.
Any suggestions ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kundalini Guy, edu0z and 1 other person
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
be careful because they might call the police on you to find you. and the police never treat people with mental illnesses the way they should. also its fucking cold at this time of year, i think you would suffer so much out there at night for that many days, you shouldnt have to suffer even more than you already do just to feel heard by your own family. is there no other way of showing them how you're feeling? could you maybe write a letter stating your symptoms and how the way they're treating you is affecting you? thats all i can think of, im sure theres other better ways. im sorry you don't feel like you're being taken seriously, ive been in that position before and im sure many others here have or are still as well. i wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Parnate
P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
be careful because they might call the police on you to find you. and the police never treat people with mental illnesses the way they should. also its fucking cold at this time of year, i think you would suffer so much out there at night for that many days, you shouldnt have to suffer even more than you already do just to feel heard by your own family. is there no other way of showing them how you're feeling? could you maybe write a letter stating your symptoms and how the way they're treating you is affecting you? thats all i can think of, im sure theres other better ways. im sorry you don't feel like you're being taken seriously, ive been in that position before and im sure many others here have or are still as well. i wish you all
I actually want them to call the police and get worried, there doesn't seem to be another way to make them take me seriously. I want to do an easy job like a call Center or bpo job cause I am incapable of doing a high stress job. I have told them about my issues and problems many time but they aren't taking me seriously, I feel invalidated every time I tell them of my issues . I want to suffer and get sick hopefully resulting in being kicked out of my present job and most importantly try different antidepressants until I get better.
I was actually quite convinced until yesterday about ctbing the coming Friday but suddenly my survival instinct had sprung up and taken control.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
This is so heartbreaking because u shouldn't have to do this to yourself to communicate how much u are suffering to the people who are supposed to care for u 😥 I do think there's probably a better way u could handle this but I know u are desperate. What if u quit going to that job causing too much stress as a first step instead. Is that possible? I don't think this will get the result u are hoping for if u have a toxic family.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Parnate and edu0z
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Maybe write a letter first, and have someone here proofread it. Going camping for a few days out of touch will prob just leave them mad when you get back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor and edu0z
P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
This is so heartbreaking because u shouldn't have to do this to yourself to communicate how much u are suffering to the people who are supposed to care for u 😥 I do think there's probably a better way u could handle this but I know u are desperate. What if u quit going to that job causing too much stress as a first step instead. Is that possible? I don't think this will get the result u are hoping for if u have a toxic family.
I would like to quit the job but I am scared of my family s reaction. I will let them down and disappoint them. They will say some things which are going to hurt me a lot. I have stopped sharing my struggles cause they were not taking me seriously.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
How old are you? Police won't look for you when you're an adult in most countries.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori