• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Anon1337

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2018
I really want to run away from everything. Just disappear and become someone else. I know it's unrealistic, especially in this day and age. Honestly, I want to start walking and never stop. I feel the only way I can truly recover is if I were to leave everything behind. I've lived in the same town my entire life. I'm sick and tired of this life. I've been on holidays before where I was without anyone I knew and I did truly feel better. I need to leave this environment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ashu and Kit1
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

disappear, unseen and unknown
Feb 24, 2023
Good luck to everyone that want to find a run away direction from their current place :)

Reactions: Anon1337
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
About 30 odd years ago, I left the family home aged 14/15 with one rucksack - no job, a few pounds from my part time job which I had to guve up when I disappeared, three sets of clothes to my name. I lived on the streets for a few days, took a train ride and eventually found a job, went to college as soon as I turned 16, University and been in a good and stable job with the same company (25th year this year). I only found safety and stability after I left as an underage kid. Sometimes it is worth taking the risk. Married with children now. I would have been okay if complex PTSD had not caught up with me when covid happened. That is life. But there is no denying that I managed to survive 20+ years with happiness and managed to.live with my trauma and conditions as well. All I am trying to say is that sometimes taking a risk and fleeing might just be the ticket to happiness - but it is a risk.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I have run away from my life. I looked for a job in another country so I could get paid enough to get out of my father's house. Getting a job in my home country wouldn't pay me enough to leave the house soon enough.

I've had some good moments with my new life but my problems followed me. Fixed some, couldn't get rid of others. I recommend moving out of parents house if it's a toxic environment as long as you have a plan and you can be independent. I had to endure years of living there until I landed the job that gave me freedom.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't want to run away or start a new life. I want to escape from life itself. There's nowhere for me to run to; if I run away, I won't have any safety or security (food, shelter, and water). My problem is having to live life. I would only want to be alive if I could live in a fantasy world and make that be my reality. The real world just isn't appealing to meā€¦

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
Running away means homelessness. I did move a few hours away but it was shit there too. Everywhere is shit!
I don't want to run away or start a new life. I want to escape from life itself. There's nowhere for me to run to; if I run away, I won't have any safety or security (food, shelter, and water). My problem is having to live life. I would only want to be alive if I could live in a fantasy world and make that be my reality. The real world just isn't appealing to meā€¦
Was it ever appealing? For me, I want to live but I don't see how to make it work. My problems are the equivalent of having my legs cut off and then being told to go hunt for my food.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
To anyone who is fascinated by this idea, I recommend the novel by Luigi Pirandello, Il fu Mattia Pascal, "The Late Mattia Pascal".

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Running away means homelessness. I did move a few hours away but it was shit there too. Everywhere is shit!

Was it ever appealing? For me, I want to live but I don't see how to make it work. My problems are the equivalent of having my legs cut off and then being told to go hunt for my food.
No lol