• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Do any of u guys have any advice or anything abt dating when u feel severely unwell? My relationship is fairly new n my partner n i both deal w mental health issues at times, ive been particularly bad for a while. Basically, is there any hope? 😅
Any advice or tales of experience welcome

Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
I am starting a relationship too. I think a relationship can totally work in spite of mental health issues. The good thing about both having those is that you understand each other better.

I am mentally unwell but I still can support my partner, and so can he. I never treat him badly because of my issues, and neither does he. Those are the most important things to me.

I don't think a relationship is going to "fix" my brain, but I try to remember to myself that I'm not alone and somebody loves me, and that helps me to keep going.

• Love
Reactions: broth0100
roo

roo

I’m alright, spring will come to me too someday
Feb 20, 2022
ive never dated but i think the fact that both of u struggle with mental health opens the door for really understanding each other. just be real about what u can handle n what u need. communication is important to not take anything too personally in times like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: broth0100
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
ive never dated but i think the fact that both of u struggle with mental health opens the door for really understanding each other. just be real about what u can handle n what u need. communication is important to not take anything too personally in times like this.
Thank u for the response, i think i agree w u..i'll try 2 stay open 🥲
I am starting a relationship too. I think a relationship can totally work in spite of mental health issues. The good thing about both having those is that you understand each other better.

I am mentally unwell but I still can support my partner, and so can he. I never treat him badly because of my issues, and neither does he. Those are the most important things to me.

I don't think a relationship is going to "fix" my brain, but I try to remember to myself that I'm not alone and somebody loves me, and that helps me to keep going.
Good luck w ur relationship! 🤎 remembering tht someone loves me has been helping me out recently too
Yes. Communication and understanding. Give each other space necessary. Give each other support. Be in therapy to recover.
Thank u, i'm looking for therapists now