• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
As reported by the BBC.

I remember watching the Oscars as a kid, when they'd play the reel of all the stars that had died that year and it just being a bunch of unknown faces in black and white movies. Now the stars dying are ones I know, ones I grew up watching, ones I feel the passing of. And it's just going to keep happening more and more. Fuck.

RIP 😿

nootthenoot

nootthenoot

Your local cat lover
Oct 11, 2022
Yeah...it's just kind of rattling that the actors of our generation are starting to pass. Like, these are people we grew up with, who acted our comfort characters. It's kind of upsetting...

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It is very upsetting. I loved him as Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies and I loved several of his other performances as well. May he rest in peace.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Wow, did he really?
I mean I rarely give a shit about celebrities but Hagrid was a pretty lovable character so it's hard not to think of that persona when seeing the actor's name.

I semi-recently watched an older series he was in, "Cracker", it was pretty good..some interesting things to say (like remarking on the lesser known malignancies of 'sentimentality').
The show only started to devolve closer to the end of its run.
I had to call it quits after the part where a certain main character is involved in an assault..the writing and the plot just became too strange and uninviting after that..characters sort of ruined.
Still, if anyone wants to see Coltrane in a role that strikingly contrasts that of Hagrid, I do recommend checking it out.
(Viewing quality ain't great though..aired in the early 90's iirc)

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I know what you're talking about. I stopped watching after those episode(s) too.
Ha, I'm kind of shocked anyone else even knows what I was referring to.
I don't even know anyone else around me who has seen the show itself.

Glad I wasn't alone in my sudden distaste/disappointment toward the latter parts.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
As reported by the BBC.

I remember watching the Oscars as a kid, when they'd play the reel of all the stars that had died that year and it just being a bunch of unknown faces in black and white movies. Now the stars dying are ones I know, ones I grew up watching, ones I feel the passing of. And it's just going to keep happening more and more. Fuck.

RIP 😿

"What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does." - Rubeus Hagrid 🤗

GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
It's even more crazy to think that 23 actors/actresses from the Harry Potter franchise have died so far.
Some played minor roles so you may not have realized they have died.

Still remember going on a school trip in primary school to watch the first Harry Potter film when it came out. Only feels like yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: Rounded Apathy
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
It's even more crazy to think that 23 actors/actresses from the Harry Potter franchise have died so far.
Some played minor roles so you may not have realized they have died.

Still remember going on a school trip in primary school to watch the first Harry Potter film when it came out. Only feels like yesterday.
Wow, I just looked up the list - you're right, a lot of them were already quite old when they appeared in the films (and admittedly I'm not a massive fan, but was very into the first five books and have seen all the movies once so do forget may of them outright) but not that kid who was stabbed to death trying to break up a bar fight, jesus christ.

And poor Alan Rickman, sigh. 2016 was the year everybody started fucking dying, I swear.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
That's sad. Robbie Coltrane was such a kind-hearted gentleman, and a great actor. But hey, he lived a great and rather long life.
For all of us who never got that letter, maybe now Hagrid is waiting to finally take us with him to Hogwarts on the other side.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's funny how life begets death, isn't it?
Yeah...it's just kind of rattling that the actors of our generation are starting to pass. Like, these are people we grew up with, who acted our comfort characters. It's kind of upsetting...
Wait until you see your grandmother die smelling of piss, completely ravaged by time to the point of disfigurement.

Life is an absolutely ruthless experience.

Last edited:
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
My favorite movie from warner bros when i was a child, i always went to the movies to watch the premier, i even called my dog Harry. Rest in Peace, Hagrid, you will be missed and remembered forever.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
omg, what terrible news to hear. Rest in peace. One of my favourite character in Harry Potter. This is so sad