Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
The Sun

EntertainmentTV
DESPERATE CRIES Elvis grandson Ben Keough's 'girlfriend' screamed 'don't do it!' on night of his suicide at mom Lisa Marie's LA mansion
[email protected]
14:30 ET, Jul 13 2020Updated: 8:37 ET, Jul 14 2020
Comment now

ELVIS Presley's grandson Benjamin Keough's reported girlfriend screamed "don't do it" during a party at Lisa Marie's $1.8 million Los Angeles home on the night of his suicide.

Ben, 27, was pronounced dead at the scene on Sunday after suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the upper torso, authorities confirmed to The Sun.

Ben Keough's 'girlfriend' could be heard screaming 'don't do it' the night of the suicide
Ben Keough's 'girlfriend' could be heard screaming 'don't do it' the night of the suicideCredit: Alpha Press
Ben's girlfriend feared the family would 'blame' her for the tragic death
A neighbor heard partying at the $1.8 million Calabasas home the day of the suicideCredit: BackGrid
Daily Mail reported a neighbor heard partying at the residence at 1am and a woman loudly screaming "Don't do it" at 3:30am.

Another resident told the outlet that authorities arrived to the California home at 6am and overheard police interviewing a hysterical woman, who is believed to be Benjamin's girlfriend Diana Pinto, in the backyard.

The neighbor alleged: "I could hear somebody speaking really loud in the backyard. I looked outside and I saw what appeared to be his girlfriend outside talking to police, and she was pretty hysterical saying 'I can't believe it.'

The couple has been dating for two years, according to a neighbor
Lisa Marie is said to be 'devastated' over the loss of her sonCredit: Instagram
"She just kept swearing and saying, 'I can't believe it, I can't believe it.'' She was saying, 'I can't believe he would do that to himself.'

"She said, 'The family's going to hate me' and 'They're going to blame me.' I think she was feeling guilty for it happening... but I don't want to speculate [as to] what caused it. That was around 6.30-7am. They were out there for about an hour talking."

The resident added that Diana, who works at Fox News as a Post Production Coordinator, had come to the home regularly and is believed to be his girlfriend of at least two years.

Diana's social media pages are full of affectionate photos with the late star.

A neighbor heard Ben's 'girlfriend' crying the family is going to 'blame' herCredit: Instagram
The neighbor said Lisa Marie, 52, was not at the home at the time and hasn't been for several weeks.

Other neighbors saw the Presley family gather at the home later in the day on Sunday.

Another resident said the famous family is "private."

The insider said: "They go out of their way to turn around and not even wave or anything. Not that they're rude, they just don't want anybody to know who they are."

Ben is the son of Lisa Marie and her ex-husband Danny KeoughCredit: Rex Features
Benjamin is the son of Danny Keough, who Lisa Marie was married to from 1988 to 1994.

A rep for Lisa Marie released in a statement: "She is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her 11-year-old twins and her oldest daughter Riley.

"She adored that boy. He was the love of her life."

Lisa is also mother to Danielle Riley Keough and twin girls, Harper and Finley, with ex-husband Michael Lockwood.

Lisa Marie is also mom to daughter Riley and twins Harper and Finley
Lisa Marie once said her son's resemblance to her late father is 'uncanny'Credit: Getty Images - Getty
Who was Elvis Presley's grandson Benjamin Keough?
Benjamin Storm Keough was born in Florida on October 21, 1992.He was the son of singers Lisa Marie Presley and Danny Keough.Ben's sister is actress and model Riley Keough, 30, who is married to Mad Max co-star Ben Smith-Petersen.He was described as bearing an uncanny resemblance to his grandfather, Elvis Presley.
MOST READ IN ENTERTAINMENT
TRUTH WILL OUTJada Pinkett Smith admits to affair with singer, 27, during Will separation
'BEYOND DEVASTATED'Lisa Marie Presley 'completely heartbroken' after son's 'suicide' at 27
Lisa Marie said in a 2012 interview with CMT that her son's resemblance to Elvis is "uncanny."

She added: "Ben does look so much like Elvis. Everybody was grabbing him for a photo because it is just uncanny. Sometimes I am overwhelmed when I look at him."

Ben got $5 million deal with Universal Records in 2009 to release five albums.

If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or text Crisis Text Line at 741741.

Elvis' grandson Benjamin Keough dead at 27 – Lisa Marie Presley 'completely heartbroken' after son's 'death by suicide
Topics
California

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112, FranCanSee and Deleted member 17331
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Benjamin Keough struggled with 'pressures' of Presley family name, pal says
By Nicki Gostin

July 15, 2020 | 1:55pm

Benjamin Keough and Brandon Howard
Benjamin Keough and Brandon Howard
Getty Images
The pressure of carrying on the Elvis Presley family legacy was just too much to bear for the legendary rocker's grandson, a friend said in a new interview.

Musician Brandon Howard told People magazine that 27-year-old Benjamin Keough's struggles with being from a famous musical lineage "absolutely" contributed to his death Sunday night from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"That kind of pressure is definitely a part of what happened," Howard said of his friend, who was the son of Elvis' daughter, Lisa Marie Presley.

He continued, "It's a tough thing when you have a lot of pressure with your family and living up to a name and an image. It's a lot of pressure. It's almost like you're pressured into having to be a musician, having to be an actor. It was good for him to go around the world and discover himself and have his own friends. You never know what triggers it. You never know … It's so random."

Howard also revealed that his friend dealt with depression.

"Sometimes he struggled with depression, which is a serious thing with (the current pandemic) and everything happening right now and everybody being locked in the house. It takes a lot. I wish I could have been there."

Yet despite that, Howard said Keough was a devoted friend.

"He has always been there for everybody," he explained. "In any kind of situation, he would be the one who would come crash with you on the couch for weeks until you're actually feeling better."

Howard was a longtime friend of Keough. The two first met when Lisa Marie, 52, wed Michael Jackson in 1994. Jackson's father Joe had managed Howard's mother, singer Miki Howard.

Even though Lisa Marie and Jackson divorced in 1996, the boys remained close friends and even dubbed their circle, which included child actor Corey Feldman, "The Lost Boys."

"As adults, we had a brotherhood and a kind of respect," Howard said. "We always felt we are who we are and we just got to be the best we can for different people around us.

"He would be the one I talked to when a lot of stuff was going around about me and questions about who I am and where I come from."

Howard called his friend "an excellent chef," and a "wonderful" person with "the craziest laugh."

"I want people to know about his humility. He wasn't a spoiled kid. He was very humble, very giving, very loving, especially to his friends. It's just wild. There's nothing like this," he said.

Earlier this week Keough's ex-girlfriend, Alexa Rohde, shared a touching tribute on Instagram writing: "Benjamin Storm, YOU. Always happy in the sun and water. And a laugh that made everyone happier. You gave love to anyone who needed it. You were wise like a thousand year old man, but silly as a 5 year old."

FILED UNDER CELEBRITY DEATHS , LISA MARIE PRESLEY , SUICIDE , 7/15/20
trending now
Crucial clue emerges in Naya Rivera search
Matt Damon closes entire Brooklyn Heights block to move into new penthouse
Nick Cannon fired by ViacomCBS over anti-Semitic comments on podcast
'Entourage' star accused of sexual assault
Howard Stern: August Alsina's a 'bonehead' for revealing Jada Pinkett Smith affair
'Glee' star Naya Rivera shared chilling message days before disappearance
MORE ON:
LISA MARIE PRESLEY
Benjamin Keough's death officially ruled a suicide by 'shotgun wound'
Benjamin Keough's ex-girlfriend posts emotional tribute after his death
Benjamin Keough struggled with drugs and alcohol, had been to rehab: report
Lisa Marie Presley's son Benjamin Keough reportedly dead in suicide
Email Newsletters
Mobile Apps
Contact Us
Tips
Facebook