• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
So in a recent blog post, Exit International condemned the existence of this forum.

Long story short. If you're under 50 years old, go fuck yourself. The right to die doesn't apply to young people and they shouldn't be caught up in "older people's legitimate and rightful access to end of life information". Pretty condescening, hm? Well. That's one way to throw people under the bus who are under 50 years old and in need of ressources to make an autonomous and well-informed decision. I'm glad Exit finally took a stance, sadly their statement directly implies they do not support the right to individual autonomy and subsequently the right to die for people under the age of 50 regardless of their circumstances. And that's a pretty extreme stance in my opinion. I mean, the ability to suffer and reject life for rational reasons doesn't start at the age of 50, right? I know so many young people who suffer from debilitating conditions which cause either mental or physical chronic pain and many of them have exhausted their options. And right now, these people who are unable to access the PPH because you exclude them for pretty much no legitimate reason have no way to exercise their right to die because in pretty much every country with a few exceptions assisted suicide is banned and therefore non-existent. That doesn't give people that many options to find relief from pain and as I said, it's a shame Exit throws these people under the bus. But then again, that's why we're here. And you know, our forum doesn't just exist to provide access to crucial ressources to make personal decisions regarding your own welfare, it also exists for people to find empathy, love and support in this forum. And I would say that's even more important than the ressources you can find in this forum because what Exit doesn't mention is the fact that people use this space primarily to vent and talk about their thoughts and struggles to find support. Suicide is a stigmatised subject out there and we don't censor these topics in this forum, we don't force a certain narrative either and what's what makes this forum so great in my opinion. People can talk about their problems here without the riks to become the victim of coercision. And that's why people like to spend their time in this forum (voluntarily) and that's why it's important that forums like ours exist. None of that is mentioned in their statement.

But let's do some fact checking next. Doesn't Exit claim that they support the right to die of all mentally capable adults? According to their own website, this is their philosophy.

They claim they support the right to die as a "fundamental human right" for all mentally capable adults. But the practiced position of Sanctioned Suicide is much closer to their own philosophy because unlike Exit we treat the right to decide over your own life as a fundamental human right and these aren't just empty words, our philosophy makes very clear that we don't discriminate based on age as long as you're an adult and of sound mind. And I'm pretty sure that applies to the overhelming majority of our community, given our members are capable to articulate their pain and struggles coherently in this forum, people spend a lot of time introspecting about their life and carefully weighting their options with the honest help and advice of our community. That's help that goes far beyond the empty plattidues that you see out there from people who want to tear down this place. You get better support in this community than the lazy suggestion that you should call a suicide hotline, as if that's quick fix for all problems. And reading the posts of our members and why they made an account here, it's very obvious to me that the members of our community have been suffering for years before they finally signed up on Sanctioned Suicide. People here have a history, they didn't just wake up someday and decide to join this forum for fun. It's ususally the result of a long process and it's always a voluntary decision. People make an account in this forum voluntarily because they've been suffering for a long time and that's one of the many reasons why Tantacrul's video about us being a cult is completely wrong. In the five years I've been active in this community, I've rarely ever stumbled upon people that gave me the impression they lack mental capacity.

So again. We don't gatekeep, it's Exit that is gatekeeping the information based on very discriminatory factors. And how does your ageist policy fit together with your claim that you consider control over one's life and death a "fundamental human right", which is only possible if you have the ressources at your hands to make an informed decision and one of these ressources are the PPH? Do your actions not contradict your words?
But there is more. In this blog here, they go even further and claim people with a mental illness should also have a right to die too. That's interesting.

So if you think mentally ill people should have a right to die, as you've outlined here, then why is it okay to exclude people based on age when they're already an adult and therefore possess the mental capacity to make deeply personal decisions about their own life? How is that any different than denying people with depression, dementia or other mental illness a right to die peacefully, which you think shouldn't disqualify someone from exercising their right to die? It's not, it's the same kind of bigotry, it's called ageism (just like excluding mentally ill people is considered ableism) and that's what you're doing when you claim that nobody(!) under the age of 50 has the right to die and therefore obtain the PPH to make deeply personal decisions about deeply personal matters. And I mean, you go even further and imply that nobody should have a right to even discuss suicide from a pro-choice angle because you're literally condemning the existence of this forum. Unlike Exit, we don't throw anyone under the bus, we're actively challenging the status quo.
And last but not least, you literally state right at the end of that blog that a 27 years old person who suffered from several mental health conditions obtained the PPH and used the information to exercise his right to die. You even post that on your own website and you seem to celebrate his ability to leave in peace, partly thanks to Exit.

For some reason you didn't feel the need to distance yourself from this case because you "only give people over the age of 50 access to the PPH" and you strongly condemn when younger people obtain access to the book, right? Right? You ban them, that's what you said in your statement, right? So why does your statement against Sanctioned Suicide contradict your official philosophy and your practice described in that blog post?

Why are you saying B on your website and then you say A on your blog condeming the existence of this forum? I know why, because you don't actually believe anything you say in that statement about SS. The media has absolutely slandered us to death and I'm pretty sure you know that too, so you took the easy route and distanced yourself from this community so you can run your business without interference. That's very dishonest. I don't need to lie about my intentions. Everyone knows I'm pretty upfront about my beliefs and I stood up for this community over and over again despite it's reputation. Everyone here knows my stance and I think people appreciate that I take people seriously when they've reached the age of majority, which gives them legal ground to make their own decisions. And that's a good thing. It's a bad thing to gatekeep this kind of information behind a paywall and attach it to some age requirement. I don't believe that aligns well with your claims that you consider the right to die a "fundamental human right". No, according to your statement regarding SS, you think it's a right under certain conditions. Your actions and your words don't line up.
Here is some advice. Maybe you should all figure out your positions first before you throw shade at another community with exactly the same goals and philosophy as Exit International, at least on paper. Because when I say the right to die is a fundamental human right, I mean it and my actions prove it because I understand relief from pain is a good thing. That doesn't seem to be the case for Exit. You say one thing and mean something completely different. Maybe you should work on that first before you throw shade at this forum, which has been smeared into oblivion by the media for very obvious reasons. As I said before, the existence of this forum directly challenges the status quo, not only on mental health, on suicide as a taboo subject, on individual autonomy but also what it means to act compassionate and empathic towards other people. And that's the reason why we provoke such strong reactions from certain parts of society. Respecting someone's choice to end their suffering is an act of maturity and empathy and prolonging someone's pain isn't always the best course of action, sometimes that's an act of cruelty. The people who are trying to shut down this forum, twisting what it means to fight for relief from pain and the media that's echoing their sentiment do not change anything about these facts I've just mentioned.

And look. You think using the facade that you only give access to the PPH to elderly people will be enough to differentiate Exit from Sanctioned Suicide but your community has been targeted by these welfare checks too and your community is significantly older than us. What does that tell you? The people who are trying to tear down this forum won't stop when SS is gone, that's very clear to me. They fundamentally disagree that people should have the ability to make their own decisions, they disagree with the right to die on principle. In all cases, regardless of someone's tragic circumstances. And that should make it very clear to you that society doesn't care whetever you provide information and ressources to "only 50 years olds" or younger people, you're a target to those who oppose the right to die, just like us. Period. You think you're very different from SS but there are plenty of people out there who disagrees with you, the people who hunt us down disagree with you. Right now, the status quo is the following: suicide is bad. It's always bad. It doesn't provide relief from pain. It's never a valid choice. You don't own your mind and body. Individual autonomy doesn't exist and if you make a decision we don't like, we will interfere. Regardless of your age or your mental capacity. That's the status quo right now. And throwing us under the bus isn't going to help your case. And taking down SS isn't going to improve society, it doesn't improve the life of one single person out there. And I think you know that.

Now imagine what we could achieve if we tried to improve people's lives and make systemic changes to our broken system with the same amount of determination and force that people use to take down this forum, we would already live in an utopia. Instead, we'd rather waste ressources and energy to go after an online community minding it's own business. If you compare the suicide numbers before and after the forum was created, if you look at the insane amount of firearm suicides in the US which puts this entire SN absurdity into perspective, you will realize that the problems that make people take drastic measures have existed forever and some of them are the product of a dysfunctional society. But we're the boogey man, right. Just act as if we're the single cause of all bad things and life is good, right. Sure, why not, if it makes you sleep well, I'll be the boogey man. But we're not going anywhere. Get that in your head.

Last edited:
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
I only skimmed it because I'm meant to be doing exams right now - love the write up of their own contradictions in what they're saying. "50+ and seriously ill" -> 27 with mental illness? Do they consider mental illness "seriously ill?" Genuine question for them, because if so, they definitely do agree with this forum!

I expect their ambiguous wording is indeed to make anyone that reads it think of "seriously ill" as cancer etc.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's very hypocritical what exit is saying, but anyway of course their views have only been changed in regards to the right to die so the business won't get shut down. Exit is a business after all, and anything that is fully pro-choice usually gets taken away or censored in this anti-suicide society.

lunarflower

lunarflower

Mar 12, 2022
As a nearly 40 year old trans woman I think I've dealt with enough shit for several lifetimes. Sticking around till 50 sounds horrible. Wish I could just pull the trigger already but fuck it's hard. Having a peaceful less messy way out sounds like bliss

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
It's really sad to see them betray us like this.. thinking maybe if they sacrifice us, pro-lifers will leave them alone, instead of working together with us as we share the same opinions and goals.
The minorities take each other out instead of fighting together, it couldn't get any easier for the pro-lifers.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Exit doesn't even speak for all those over 50. I would never use their services, would never be a member of their organization, and and have no wish to be associated with them in any way. They are much too pro-establishment for my taste (which is ironic, since the establishment is not at all pro-them). I much prefer everything that this site stands for.

Exit have set themselves somewhat narrow objectives, and I think they are doing a fairly good job in respect of those objectives. But that does not give them the right to criticize those whose objectives are different (and broader). They might also note that some of the users of this site are in a position to make matters difficult for Exit, if they choose, and if sufficiently provoked might indeed do that. Making enemies un-necessarily is a fool's game. Exit should back off and leave SS alone.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
What they say is funny to me. There could be a 75-year-old who loves living and wants to live as long as possible and who maybe has never really suffered in their life and they simply by virtue of their age have a greater right to end their life than a 30 year-old who has Brent miserable as long as they can remember and have no long-term prospects for a high QOL.

I felt the same kind of amusement when a friend said suicide should be reserved for paralyzed people, for instance. Again, that implies a happy and fulfilled paralyzed people has a greater right to end their life than someone who can walk but for instance has suffered for decades with depression, the literal disease that is defined by misery.

There are young people like our FC who show that even if you're young you can still have full clarity and confidence in what you want.

Last edited:
sannoji

sannoji

dreaming of flying
May 4, 2023
it's an extremely strange statement to put out when as you said it doesn't back what they've said in the past at all. a flimsy attempt to save face and separate themselves from us i guess but it completely compromises what they claim their morals to be, so. the age requirement is so…. i used to have a friend who was terminally ill and we would talk about how they wished they could get assisted suicide so they wouldn't have to die in the painful way their illness would cause. was that a severe enough illness for exit? or do they just wanna chop and change things as they like so that they somehow have the right to decide whether someone else is allowed to die. i guess some of it is to not be shut down by the world at large who also wants to decide that but it makes me so annoyed that's the kind of world we live in.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Tbh I think the main problem is most mentaled ill and or suiciadal people are too tired to fight for their rights. Women gained rights because they stood up for themselves, same with the lgbtq community and the black community. But I don't think we can, a lot of us can't do that due to our struggles, and a lot of us are dead. We don't have the power to stand up for ourselves. There's pretty much nobody with influence talking about the right to die, or trying to improve our suituaion. We can only wait slowly and painfully for society to accept us. Which I believe will happen eventually...whenever that maybe, or maybe before that happens humans doom themselves...that works too.

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
it's an extremely strange statement to put out when as you said it doesn't back what they've said in the past at all. a flimsy attempt to save face and separate themselves from us i guess but it completely compromises what they claim their morals to be, so. the age requirement is so…. i used to have a friend who was terminally ill and we would talk about how they wished they could get assisted suicide so they wouldn't have to die in the painful way their illness would cause. was that a severe enough illness for exit? or do they just wanna chop and change things as they like so that they somehow have the right to decide whether someone else is allowed to die. i guess some of it is to not be shut down by the world at large who also wants to decide that but it makes me so annoyed that's the kind of world we live in.
Me, it's not that I'm tired, it's that I can't. A soldier striving to be hero needs something to fight for and protect, what holds value; I fought my battles, but I've lost my strength. I've lost the one and only person worth staying here, and I'll never forget those tattoos, it hurts.
But more so, even fighting, there's no way the greater crowd would take me seriously. Since a fight I cannot win is a fight to avoid.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
Exit's betrayal is honestly unsurprising, they are just annoyed that people are not paying for their peaceful pill handbook. It's pathetic really, that they would campaign so much for their cause, and then turn on a like-minded community just because of money. It just comes to show that all of the opposition against this site is motivated only by selfish desires and worldviews.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
It's very hypocritical what exit is saying, but anyway of course their views have only been changed in regards to the right to die so the business won't get shut down. Exit is a business after all, and anything that is fully pro-choice usually gets taken away or censored in this anti-suicide society.
True but it honestly just sounds at this point like they are trying to redirect all the hate to SaSu. I think the fundamentals of both sites are the same but to deflect the critique against those they rather push SaSu to the front. The damage doesn't matter to him which I can understand given the fact that he doesn't want to loose the community he build up and fought for himself. But using SaSu as a shield is just not the way. Especially not for the long run.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Exit's betrayal is honestly unsurprising, they are just annoyed that people are not paying for their peaceful pill handbook. It's pathetic really, that they would campaign so much for their cause, and then turn on a like-minded community just because of money. It just comes to show that all of the opposition against this site is motivated only by selfish desires and worldviews.
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. They probably consider that the best way to achieve their own objectives is to adopt a "respectable" stance, and not antagonise the authorities. They dont want to rock the boat. Anyone who does rock the boat a bit will make them feel uncomfortable. I saw the same kind of reaction 50 years ago, in the gay rights movement, from the rather staid, middle class organizations who had been tryng to promote gay and lesbian rights in a "respectable" way - organizations like Mattachine Society, and Daughters of Bilitis in the US, or the Homosexual Law Reform Society, and the Campaign for Homosexual Equality in the UK - when more radical groups arose following Stonewall. The screaming queens and street trannies (the word had no negative connotations then) and their not-quite-so-screaming-but-still-radical allies made the respectable guys uncomfortable. But it is a fact that the respectable organizations had not achieved much, whereas the radical groups who rocked the boat a lot changed the terms of the debate entirely, and eventually led to real progress. Gay rights did go all respectable again around 1990, but that was OK then (and probably the right move then), because the entire topic had by then been put onto a basis that was more favorable to gays and lesbians as a result of the actions of the radical crowd.

In changing the word, there is a place for radical action and also a place for more conservative methods. Which is best will vary over time, and from place to place. There will often be some friction between those who prefer different methods, but we should remember that the real enemy is the status quo. Let's not waste our energies fighting each other.

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Excellent post as always RAS! I'm a bit late to reply since I had other things going on IRL. You raised lots of good points, and it is indeed disheartening and sad that an organization that should hold the same core values as us (death with dignity, prevention of suffering, and the right to die, etc.) ends up turning against us. Furthermore, yes the gatekeeping of age, especially "50" as an arbitrary number is definitely wrong. While I am for people having some safeguards such as not allowing someone who just impulsively chooses death without careful consideration of one's decision, understanding of one's choice and decision, and being a legal adult (age of majority), I think the baseline should just be the age of majority as well as of "sound mind". Speaking of the sound mind criteria, an objective test as well as proving that one can consent to, understands the concept of death being permanent, and knowing that it is an irreversible decision should be sufficient grounds to demonstrate that one knows what one is choosing. Additionally, I am for waiting periods that are reasonable (terminally ill patients in states that have death with dignity laws have a criteria in which their deaths must be within six months or less) so I suppose it should be based on one's predicament, as well as some baseline of time. It should not too short where one doesn't have adequate time to think and reconsider, but not excessively long where it would take many years either.

Overall, yes it is sad that given even organizations that "supposed" should support us end up turning against us, even working against us. It's quite sad. This is why the late Danny Thomas, co-founder of TRTNLE (The Right To No Longer Exist) called out these organizations as "sham" organizations, meaning that they only support the right to die for some, but not for all.

Finally, on the second to last paragraph, you summarized the core problem really well, which is the main contention between pro-choicers and pro-lifers in a nutshell, pro-lifers never respecting our right to die and always forcing us to live while not providing incentives or benefits for doing so, even worse, violating our rights including the use of force, coercion, deception to get us to "live" against our wishes and will. This is one of the reasons I never feel bad for waging war against pro-lifers even in my pre-SaSu days, but I digress.. Anyways, I agree with you fully, if these pro-lifers used the same amount of energy and effort to ACTUALLY improve quality of life (they wouldn't because it would require effort and making uncomfortable sacrifices and changes that they are not willing to spare) of everyone's lives, it would definitely make most (if not almost, everyone's) lives better and less people be willing to actively wanting to CTB. Additionally, yes, many of the roots of CTB lies within the dysfunctional society that is present in our day to day lives. Ironically, these pro-lifers talk about improving the quality life but do close to nil to achieve that, it's (almost) all just talk and posturing.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
The hypocrisy is frustrating. I agree with your take that it was likely done as an attempt to shield themselves more than actual ideological belief but still. I've wanted to die since I was 10. Must I be suicidal for 40+ years before it's real or enough? I appreciate this community so much and it's frustrating to have people who should understand slander it.

Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
Exit is a bunch of geriatrics who are happy to go against their "philosophy" (if they even have any to start) and completely disregard the rights of individuals under 50.

Exit is just angry that SaSu has grown to be larger than their elitist "membership" and their shareholders is angry that we're distributing copies of the PPH without paying their salaries (which, by the way, most people can't even get because of ID and age requirements)

Yozo_oba

Yozo_oba

"When I go out, I hope I go just as beutifully"
Mar 11, 2023
Reading this made me so furious. Especially the part saying they would try to shut down this forum. This forum has honestly helped me so much and i don't even know what I would do without it. I've met so many amazing people, and learned so much from this app. It's honestly helped me find peace with myself and helped me feel less confused about the world.
And It's so fucked up how they claim to support the right to make a decision on your own life but turn it around to being "only from 50+ and cronicaly ill." the age -50 people of this app have the right to die peacefully too. And even if they don't have the option to die peacefully people (minors and young adults) are still going to do it anyway despite not being able to go peacefully.
None of us ever asked to be put in this cruel world, they make us suffer more just for living but they won't even let us have the right to our own lives. It's so ass backwards. And honestly, I don't think that people don't need a "good reason" to want to die, because again, it's our own right to choose what we do with our lives.

This all just makes me so pissed off and frustrated that people can't just see from our point of views, because maybe then people would start to understand and not completely invalidate us.

J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
Like others have said, I believe that they are just posturing for political and business purposes. Their core philosophy is exactly the same as this site's, but from their pov the right to die for old or terminally ill people is an easier pill to swallow for most people. The hypocrisy is annoying though.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Great post. Sometimes when Rain types these long threads going into detail about the topic, I find it really hard to believe that onlookers, law enforcement, whoever else browses the site for reasons out of the norm, etc can read these things and still disagree with the logic.

It's just like that one person who started type-screaming at me a while back and said I was killing people because I talked about meds and treatment not working. I think it would be helpful for all parties if the topic would be able to be approached in a less hysterical manner. I understand it's emotional and emotions cloud thinking at times, but the status quo definitely needs some adjustments.

Last edited:
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
aren t they just pissed because SS is pirating their handbook?

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
So in a recent blog post, Exit International condemned the existence of this forum.

View attachment 110903
View attachment 110904

Long story short. If you're under 50 years old, go fuck yourself. The right to die doesn't apply to young people and they shouldn't be caught up in "older people's legitimate and rightful access to end of life information". Pretty condescening, hm? Well. That's one way to throw people under the bus who are under 50 years old and in need of ressources to make an autonomous and well-informed decision. I'm glad Exit finally took a stance, sadly their statement directly implies they do not support the right to individual autonomy and subsequently the right to die for people under the age of 50 regardless of their circumstances. And that's a pretty extreme stance in my opinion. I mean, the ability to suffer and reject life for rational reasons doesn't start at the age of 50, right? I know so many young people who suffer from debilitating conditions which cause either mental or physical chronic pain and many of them have exhausted their options. And right now, these people who are unable to access the PPH because you exclude them for pretty much no legitimate reason have no way to exercise their right to die because in pretty much every country with a few exceptions assisted suicide is banned and therefore non-existent. That doesn't give people that many options to find relief from pain and as I said, it's a shame Exit throws these people under the bus. But then again, that's why we're here. And you know, our forum doesn't just exist to provide access to crucial ressources to make personal decisions regarding your own welfare, it also exists for people to find empathy, love and support in this forum. And I would say that's even more important than the ressources you can find in this forum because what Exit doesn't mention is the fact that people use this space primarily to vent and talk about their thoughts and struggles to find support. Suicide is a stigmatised subject out there and we don't censor these topics in this forum, we don't force a certain narrative either and what's what makes this forum so great in my opinion. People can talk about their problems here without the riks to become the victim of coercision. And that's why people like to spend their time in this forum (voluntarily) and that's why it's important that forums like ours exist. None of that is mentioned in their statement.

But let's do some fact checking next. Doesn't Exit claim that they support the right to die of all mentally capable adults? According to their own website, this is their philosophy.

View attachment 110905

They claim they support the right to die as a "fundamental human right" for all mentally capable adults. But the practiced position of Sanctioned Suicide is much closer to their own philosophy because unlike Exit we treat the right to decide over your own life as a fundamental human right and these aren't just empty words, our philosophy makes very clear that we don't discriminate based on age as long as you're an adult and of sound mind. And I'm pretty sure that applies to the overhelming majority of our community, given our members are capable to articulate their pain and struggles coherently in this forum, people spend a lot of time introspecting about their life and carefully weighting their options with the honest help and advice of our community. That's help that goes far beyond the empty plattidues that you see out there from people who want to tear down this place. You get better support in this community than the lazy suggestion that you should call a suicide hotline, as if that's quick fix for all problems. And reading the posts of our members and why they made an account here, it's very obvious to me that the members of our community have been suffering for years before they finally signed up on Sanctioned Suicide. People here have a history, they didn't just wake up someday and decide to join this forum for fun. It's ususally the result of a long process and it's always a voluntary decision. People make an account in this forum voluntarily because they've been suffering for a long time and that's one of the many reasons why Tantacrul's video about us being a cult is completely wrong. In the five years I've been active in this community, I've rarely ever stumbled upon people that gave me the impression they lack mental capacity.

So again. We don't gatekeep, it's Exit that is gatekeeping the information based on very discriminatory factors. And how does your ageist policy fit together with your claim that you consider control over one's life and death a "fundamental human right", which is only possible if you have the ressources at your hands to make an informed decision and one of these ressources are the PPH? Do your actions not contradict your words?
But there is more. In this blog here, they go even further and claim people with a mental illness should also have a right to die too. That's interesting.

View attachment 110906
View attachment 110907
View attachment 110908

So if you think mentally ill people should have a right to die, as you've outlined here, then why is it okay to exclude people based on age when they're already an adult and therefore possess the mental capacity to make deeply personal decisions about their own life? How is that any different than denying people with depression, dementia or other mental illness a right to die peacefully, which you think shouldn't disqualify someone from exercising their right to die? It's not, it's the same kind of bigotry, it's called ageism (just like excluding mentally ill people is considered ableism) and that's what you're doing when you claim that nobody(!) under the age of 50 has the right to die and therefore obtain the PPH to make deeply personal decisions about deeply personal matters. And I mean, you go even further and imply that nobody should have a right to even discuss suicide from a pro-choice angle because you're literally condemning the existence of this forum. Unlike Exit, we don't throw anyone under the bus, we're actively challenging the status quo.
And last but not least, you literally state right at the end of that blog that a 27 years old person who suffered from several mental health conditions obtained the PPH and used the information to exercise his right to die. You even post that on your own website and you seem to celebrate his ability to leave in peace, partly thanks to Exit.

View attachment 110909

For some reason you didn't feel the need to distance yourself from this case because you "only give people over the age of 50 access to the PPH" and you strongly condemn when younger people obtain access to the book, right? Right? You ban them, that's what you said in your statement, right? So why does your statement against Sanctioned Suicide contradict your official philosophy and your practice described in that blog post?

Why are you saying B on your website and then you say A on your blog condeming the existence of this forum? I know why, because you don't actually believe anything you say in that statement about SS. The media has absolutely slandered us to death and I'm pretty sure you know that too, so you took the easy route and distanced yourself from this community so you can run your business without interference. That's very dishonest. I don't need to lie about my intentions. Everyone knows I'm pretty upfront about my beliefs and I stood up for this community over and over again despite it's reputation. Everyone here knows my stance and I think people appreciate that I take people seriously when they've reached the age of majority, which gives them legal ground to make their own decisions. And that's a good thing. It's a bad thing to gatekeep this kind of information behind a paywall and attach it to some age requirement. I don't believe that aligns well with your claims that you consider the right to die a "fundamental human right". No, according to your statement regarding SS, you think it's a right under certain conditions. Your actions and your words don't line up.
Here is some advice. Maybe you should all figure out your positions first before you throw shade at another community with exactly the same goals and philosophy as Exit International, at least on paper. Because when I say the right to die is a fundamental human right, I mean it and my actions prove it because I understand relief from pain is a good thing. That doesn't seem to be the case for Exit. You say one thing and mean something completely different. Maybe you should work on that first before you throw shade at this forum, which has been smeared into oblivion by the media for very obvious reasons. As I said before, the existence of this forum directly challenges the status quo, not only on mental health, on suicide as a taboo subject, on individual autonomy but also what it means to act compassionate and empathic towards other people. And that's the reason why we provoke such strong reactions from certain parts of society. Respecting someone's choice to end their suffering is an act of maturity and empathy and prolonging someone's pain isn't always the best course of action, sometimes that's an act of cruelty. The people who are trying to shut down this forum, twisting what it means to fight for relief from pain and the media that's echoing their sentiment do not change anything about these facts I've just mentioned.

And look. You think using the facade that you only give access to the PPH to elderly people will be enough to differentiate Exit from Sanctioned Suicide but your community has been targeted by these welfare checks too and your community is significantly older than us. What does that tell you? The people who are trying to tear down this forum won't stop when SS is gone, that's very clear to me. They fundamentally disagree that people should have the ability to make their own decisions, they disagree with the right to die on principle. In all cases, regardless of someone's tragic circumstances. And that should make it very clear to you that society doesn't care whetever you provide information and ressources to "only 50 years olds" or younger people, you're a target to those who oppose the right to die, just like us. Period. You think you're very different from SS but there are plenty of people out there who disagrees with you, the people who hunt us down disagree with you. Right now, the status quo is the following: suicide is bad. It's always bad. It doesn't provide relief from pain. It's never a valid choice. You don't own your mind and body. Individual autonomy doesn't exist and if you make a decision we don't like, we will interfere. Regardless of your age or your mental capacity. That's the status quo right now. And throwing us under the bus isn't going to help your case. And taking down SS isn't going to improve society, it doesn't improve the life of one single person out there. And I think you know that.

Now imagine what we could achieve if we tried to improve people's lives and make systemic changes to our broken system with the same amount of determination and force that people use to take down this forum, we would already live in an utopia. Instead, we'd rather waste ressources and energy to go after an online community minding it's own business. If you compare the suicide numbers before and after the forum was created, if you look at the insane amount of firearm suicides in the US which puts this entire SN absurdity into perspective, you will realize that the problems that make people take drastic measures have existed forever and some of them are the product of a dysfunctional society. But we're the boogey man, right. Just act as if we're the single cause of all bad things and life is good, right. Sure, why not, if it makes you sleep well, I'll be the boogey man. But we're not going anywhere. Get that in your head.
Yeah, this is absolutely just to save their own skin. Shameful, really.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Tbh I think the main problem is most mentaled ill and or suiciadal people are too tired to fight for their rights. Women gained rights because they stood up for themselves, same with the lgbtq community and the black community. But I don't think we can, a lot of us can't do that due to our struggles, and a lot of us are dead. We don't have the power to stand up for ourselves. There's pretty much nobody with influence talking about the right to die, or trying to improve our suituaion. We can only wait slowly and painfully for society to accept us. Which I believe will happen eventually...whenever that maybe, or maybe before that happens humans doom themselves...that works too.

I think you're on to something. As I said in the past, this isn't a political forum but we are doing activism in our own way, everyone of us. Like sure, we're not necessarily changing the laws because nobody here has the ressources to do right-to-die lobbying. I wish I had enough money and influence to change the laws worldwide but that's not going to happen. Assisted suicide might be illegal in most places around the world right now but sharing information and ressources to achieve a peaceful death by yourself isn't. We're essentially using the laws to our advantage to spread information on peaceful ways to die and that's how we're contributing to a better world. And that's not illegal, it doesn't matter how often our opponents claim that talking about suicide from a scientific perspective and debating the methodology of suicide is illegal, it's not. Direct actions that contribute to someone's death such as giving someone a physical item to commit suicide might be illegal depending(!) on your jurisdiction but speech? No, simply sharing ressources and information regarding the methodology of suicide isn't because it's up to people what they make with that information. And that's how we're doing activism because honestly, as much as assisted suicide is glorified in this forum to be a wonderful thing, in most countries where assisted suicide is legal right now, they still look down to us. They still discriminate against people who are below a certain age or people who suffer from mental health issues only, that's not really a "peaceful pill" that's accessable to everyone, it's a practice that's only accessable to a minority of people. But there are ways around that, as I've just explained. The reality is, right now we live in a pro-life, pro-natalist dystopia and giving people information so they can make their own well-informed decisions regarding their own life is the best we can do. That's not "assisting suicide" because again, what people do with that information is up to them and most people might sit on that information and never use it because they're never put in a position where they feel they need to exercise their right to die. It's all about taking back control over our own life and opening all available options. I have a peaceful way out and I'm glad I do, just knowing that I'll the one who makes the final decision when I've had enough is extremely relieving. And that's good thing, I feel in control over my own life. Nothing is going to change that. Knowledge is power but when it comes to the right-to-die movement, you better take that quote literally because knowing how to leave this world peacefully gives you back control over your own life, that's a matter of fact. You decide when it's enough and nobody else. And I think that's why it's important that people are educated. Again, the mainstream doesn't like that, it's why there were welfare checks to people who had their SN for years without ever using it. The mere possibility that you might take back control over your own life scares people because in the eyes of goverments all around the world, we're not mature enough to make that deeply personal and final decision for ourselves and we that's extremely harmful brainrot we need to fight, for sure. So yeah, assisted suicide isn't the only way to secure your autonomy and self-determination, it's not the only way to secure the right to die for people out there. It's one way. And I'm starting to believe that assisted suicide isn't the solution, I think spreading awareness and information about options is the more effective approach.

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
Of course they are gatekeeping, they need to protect themselves and protect their profit. How much does their book go for again? Their membership fee? Profiting off those who want to end their lives, that's what they do.

The older generation strikes again, wanting all the perks for themselves while pulling the ladder up from under us.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Well if one exit member read this , everybody has the right to die not only the 50+.

We were born without our consent , the selfish product of our parents therefore every adult with a sound mind deserve the right to die whenever they want following a strict protocol.

Everybody deserve to escape peacefully that hellhole that is society whenever they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndSadness