J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Just happened upon it and my instinct is that it is a scam but all the little details line up. Not like I can afford to order anything anyway, but still, should I call them?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Anyone can have an email and phone number. What do you mean by this?

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Anyone can have an email and phone number. What do you mean by this?
I am wishfully thinking that somebody will say "ah yes, that malaysian-registered distributor of research chemicals is legitimate", I suppose. It's just the first time I've come across a distributor while passively googling for lethal substances.

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
If you google 'sodium nitrite" you get Sigma Aldrich, one of the largest chemical distributors in the world. They probably aren't going to ship to an obvious residential address however.

Use common sense. What is the domain of their email (after the @ symbol)? Most companies use their company name. Do they have an address? Look it up on Google maps and see if it's an office building. See what Google maps says the address is. I know you're excited but scammers prey on this feeling. Be careful.

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
If you google 'sodium nitrite" you get Sigma Aldrich, one of the largest chemical distributors in the world. They probably aren't going to ship to an obvious residential address however.

Use common sense. What is the domain of their email (after the @ symbol)? Most companies use their company name. Do they have an address? Look it up on Google maps and see if it's an office building. See what Google maps says the address is. I know you're excited but scammers prey on this feeling. Be careful.
Thanks. They're offering schedule 1 narcotics so I needed to hear this

Reactions: Nettles
F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Thanks. They're offering schedule 1 narcotics so I needed to hear this
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE red flag. Instant scam site. Even if they didn't just blatantly steal your money, your package would NEVER make it through customs.

• Love
Reactions: Jorms_McGander