AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Geturdone, Dragon's Heart, LingeringUnreal and 7 others
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
Reactions: Geturdone
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I was born into a heavily religious muslim family in a muslim-dominated country, in fact i could be killed right now if they know i'm a murtad (a person who left islam). Beautiful life :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Seaghost, Disappointered and 6 others
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I was born into a heavily religious muslim family in a muslim-dominated country, in fact i could be killed right now if they know i'm a murtad (a person who left islam). Beautiful life :)

I've noticed your "discussion" with jihad-loving forum memeber, in the other thread. I guess it made you feel like at home, and not in a good way.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Seaghost, blueclover_., 9BBN and 1 other person
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Zzzzz, ENDOFTIME, blueclover_. and 3 others
R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
The line between Mormonism & moronism is razor-thin... Book of Mor(m)on, angel Moron(i) - real subtle clues! :pfff:

Raised Mormon. Can confirm. The real mindfuck is when you're raised in that shit and everyone around you is acting like it makes perfect sense. Especially when the Book of Mormon is claiming to be a detailed account of the indigenous American peoples. I mean, come *on* people, literally none of that shit tracks up with *anything* that is known about Native American tribes *or* indigenous Central or South American cultures. Literally nothing. It's not like the Bible where you can at least point to physical locations that there's archeological evidence for or historical events that are referenced that at least sort of match up with the general historical record.

And the Mormon church works hard to keep people from learning about, uh, how stupid it is. From the ages of 12-17 I was taken, every year, into a room alone with a man who was a leader in the congregation who asked all kinds of questions about my "personal worthiness," including things related to sex and sexual activity - nothing creepy there. And one of the many questions was about reading "apostate" or anti-Mormon literature or talking to apostates. I always got pressed kinda hard on that one, although this was when the internet was in its infancy so I have no idea where he thought that I would be getting it from. I guess I gave off apostate vibes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red Scare, TooConscious, justsayin and 3 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Raised Mormon. Can confirm. The real mindfuck is when you're raised in that shit and everyone around you is acting like it makes perfect sense. Especially when the Book of Mormon is claiming to be a detailed account of the indigenous American peoples. I mean, come *on* people, literally none of that shit tracks up with *anything* that is known about Native American tribes *or* indigenous Central or South American cultures. Literally nothing. It's not like the Bible where you can at least point to physical locations that there's archeological evidence for or historical events that are referenced that at least sort of match up with the general historical record.

And the Mormon church works hard to keep people from learning about, uh, how stupid it is. From the ages of 12-17 I was taken, every year, into a room alone with a man who was a leader in the congregation who asked all kinds of questions about my "personal worthiness," including things related to sex and sexual activity - nothing creepy there. And one of the many questions was about reading "apostate" or anti-Mormon literature or talking to apostates. I always got pressed kinda hard on that one, although this was when the internet was in its infancy so I have no idea where he thought that I would be getting it from. I guess I gave off apostate vibes.

It is a big mind F when everyone around you believes it. Not just the archeology that doesn't add up, but so many other things. There is something inherently harmful about basing morality off of unverified and often disproven beliefs.

Reactions: RazzleDazzle, justsayin and AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Geturdone, Zzzzz and 1 other person
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Geturdone, blueclover_., kitch and 2 others
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Geturdone, kitch and Brick In The Wall
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was not educated and not intelligent as a kid and I was told if I did bad things like eat beyond my fill I'd go to hell and burn in agony and monstrous despair for eternity and there would be no way back once I made that mistake.
Yes I would have to agree its a sophisticated form of Child abuse.

• Aww..
Reactions: AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
I'm so very sorry to hear that. Love and peace to you, friend.
I was not educated and not intelligent as a kid and I was told if I did bad things like eat beyond my fill I'd go to hell and burn in agony and monstrous despair for eternity and there would be no way back once I made that mistake.
Yes I would have to agree its a sophisticated form of Child abuse

Reactions: TooConscious
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
I was raised as a jehovahs witness. it was terrible, its a controlling, childhood-ruining, family destroying cult.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, AtMostOkay and kitch
ENDOFTIME

ENDOFTIME

Nov 3, 2021

Oh shit, book of Mormon ..... that's lifetime of f'd up .....
I was raised as a jehovahs witness. it was terrible, its a controlling, childhood-ruining, family destroying cult.
Yep - that ain't no lie ...... sorry about that ..... crap

"The commission spent nearly three years combing through complaints and press reports and interviewing victims going back to the 1950s. Of the 3,000 abusers identified by the commission, two-thirds are priests. They found that priests and nuns alone abused around 216,000 children, but that the number climbs to 330,000 when they counted abuse at the hands of non-clergy who worked in Catholic schools and other institutions."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I've tried to forgive abusers but they are not forgivable. I've tried everything under the sun to be a better person or stand up taller and people just fuck with me to fuck with me and tell me to get raped or open your legs or they blame and shame me. Dragged back and forth to abusers and abusers who tell people to abuse.

I hate AA and NA for their little "secrets." You know a secret?

It is fucked up. People are fucked up and they will always be fucked up. Then they say they "found god" and it was magically fixed. Well.

The biggest abusers I've had are the ones who use Jesus as an excuse to rape and steal.

And the worst abusers just continue to ignore the problem and then wonder why this is happening to women everywhere.

Not okay. Not okay at all.

Nobody should have to beg someone to stop raping them, stop stalking them, stop threatening their classmates, stop hitting them, stop groping them, stop stealing from them, stop fucking with them in general. Nobody.

I could NOT escape abuse because of abusive family! It will never heal. They are BAD. And so are the people who lie for them.

You beg someone to STOP and they refuse to STOP and then wonder why religion is so evil.
Matthew herrman.

And women sacrifice THEMSELVES to attempt to stop the abuse from continuing and "save" their friends from being hit and abused by their abusers when they try to escape.

What the fuck is wrong with this world?

This BASTARD did it several times and to me again and again and again and again. His lies about how he had "changed" but he NEVER changed and I feared for myself and everyone around me. He LIED and he wouldn't STOP.

Not a fucking joke.

Fake smiles. Fake smiles and captivity and continuous stalking and family members who ENABLED the ABUSE and IGNORED the ABUSE and WOULD NOT HELP.

Fuckin RELIGION is a TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CrossroadsCurious, AtMostOkay and ENDOFTIME
ENDOFTIME

ENDOFTIME

Nov 3, 2021
I feel that many go into religious service because they are fucked in the head and think they can make amends but instead just cause more harm to so may people and should have just worked at a gas station. (No offense to gas stations workers.)

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
I was raised JW too . (divided household so it had a maybe milder different twisted twist.)
It's a trauma factory .
I've flicked through reddit r/exjw a bit ...
Most people don't get the "high control group" ... it's a fairly niche experience.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AtMostOkay, bluedream and ENDOFTIME
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
I was raised JW too . (divided household so it had a maybe milder different twisted twist.)
It's a trauma factory .
I've flicked through reddit r/exjw a bit ...
Most people don't get the "high control group" ... it's a fairly niche experience.
It is niche, have been struggling my long life to connect with others. Peace

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
have been struggling my long life to connect with others. Peace
I was thinking earlier today about the whole "being yourself" thing .

I think I haven't actually wanted to 'really' be myself , because 'myself' is kind of icky .
In the sense of a little fear filled cult boy who hates everything as much as God hated me .
My resentment and bitterness is something I really want to hide from others.

I really try and advocate peace love and flowers , but deep down I feel disconnected .
I have NEVER associated the divine with love and wonder , delight or joy.
When I experience that in relation to the stars , the cosmos ,an insect , a growing plant ... I celebrate the 'wanton' chaos and meaninglessness !
That is so much better !

The idea that a divine 'deus ex machina' (?) whipped this suffering engine up from nothing is horrific.
When there is such hard evidence of horror in nature , I lose patience with the 'loving God' rhetoric.

That being said , I lack the personal strength to stand firm and alone in the cold universe , and superstitiously "believe" in SOME kind of possible "OK" thingy of all pervading power . Several layers removed from this world ... as if we are inside some lower level god's play thing , and the only hope is to reach out beyond it.

I came across the Cathars , and they had a similair vibe ...

Anyway ... just word salading my perpetual separation stuff.

I always say it's kind of enlightening to be so removed ... a privilege in some way ... but I am usually envious of people who can integrate.
These days , it's a slight benefit to be a person that never had any expectations in the world ...

I am aware that this is all very confused ... and that is the way it is.

Just writing about it again reminds me that my most identifying characteristic is kind of NOT having any characteristics.
So back to the beginning ... connecting with myself is kind of icky , and that precludes connecting with others .

Lastly ... something I wondered about is the rhetoric / salesman training I had as a kid makes me seem quite "OK" even when I am having a breakdown.
I think that has been a hindrance to 'getting help' as I 'verbally present' as lucid even if I have lost my mind to emotional disintegration .

On the plus side , I have had time to almost calmly model my reality with that old cult stuff plugged in . It helps a little to at least have an idea why I was so unhinged .

I hope this hasn't been to self indulgently negative ; sometimes I find it OK to read similair stuff about this niche dumpster (lol ?).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms and kitch
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Geturdone, Zzzzz, motel rooms and 5 others
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
Reactions: Geturdone and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

Forgive me for I have stolen this... :))

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/weird-ass-xmas-traditions.79969/

Here's a babe Jesus for your collection:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/capttrure-1-png.81901/

• Yay!
Reactions: Zzzzz and AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Jun 29, 2021
Forgive me for I have stolen this... :))

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/weird-ass-xmas-traditions.79969/

Here's a babe Jesus for your collection:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/capttrure-1-png.81901/
Love it. Hope he gets a good treat today. Merry Christmas, friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
Story of Isaac

( One day the Lord told Abraham to take his son Isaac to Mount Moriah and offer him as a blood sacrifice. )

I thought I saw an eagle
But it might have been a vulture
I never could decide
Then my father built an altar
He looked once behind his shoulder
He knew I would not hide

You who build the altars now
To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
A scheme is not a vision
And you never have been tempted
By a demon or a god

You who stand above them now
Your hatchets blunt and bloody
You were not there before
When I lay upon a mountain
And my father's hand was trembling
With the beauty of his Lord's Word

And if you call me brother now
Forgive me if I inquire
Just according to whose plan?
When it all comes down to dust
I will kill you if I must
I will help you if I can

When it all comes down to dust
I will help you if I must
I will kill you if I can

And mercy on our uniform
Man of peace or man of war
The death peacock spreads his fan

sacrifice-of-isaac-1602.jpg

this is enough to get me hyperventilate. no need to run around. just go between reading this and looking away. SWD prep is done. totally. thank you. /s

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Love it. Hope he gets a good treat today. Merry Christmas, friend.

Merry Xmas! Don't forget to be grateful! :))

cathumor.png

https://i.sanctioned-suicide.net/images/2021/10/136069_FB_IMG_1632191263320.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: AtMostOkay and little helpers
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
Most "religious" people don't know shit about their religion, they just nod their heads & act all solemn & pious while thinking about lunch or football for an hour a week. I'm an atheist & I know more about the Bible & Catholicism than 90 % of the "Catholics" around me. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I'm an atheist. :))

exactly… like I don't understand how they'd be able to say what God "really" meant by xyz sentence. if you tell me anything besides what Jesus was actually known to have said, that's idolatry. cuz whoever claiming to hold authority over the meaning of their scriptures are turning their own faces into God's. so basically they'd only be able to give you Old Testament and get you read it. that's all. any more is idolatry. at least IMO.

• Love
LingeringUnreal

LingeringUnreal

dumb of ass
Dec 14, 2021
content warning for depressing shit: I was raised by a pastor who sexually abused me, so religious trauma is all too familiar to me. Weirdly tho he was abusive, he wasn't really anti LGBT when I came out (though the other side of my family, southern baptists, were). / trauma

That being said I don't really mind like, lowkey Christians or whatever - I don't think they're to blame for the bad shit that's more institutional, though I do think they're kinda dumb for thinking they can change it just by being "one of the good ones".

Merry Christmas!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: little helpers and AtMostOkay
Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
I remember being put on my guard early in life when I walked into a church with a friend. I remember seeing a life-size Jesus hanging on a cross at the front of the church. My thoughts were "oh, I don't know about this- they are worshipping what seems to be an idol of a man who has obviously been tortured and is possibly dead" That sight was probably one of my first "light" traumas in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: LingeringUnreal, AtMostOkay and Zzzzz