• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

throwaway9901

throwaway9901

Sep 15, 2023
I'm around 9,000$ in student loan debt. No big issue obviously compared to other prices, but I'm clearly not getting this degree and due to several other compounded factors that have been affecting me for a long time I've been seriously considering suicide soon (even if it's been on my mind for well over a decade now)

This might be the wrong place to ask, but if I were to off myself, would my family now take on that debt? I've heard that there's cases where debt isn't passed on, but considering all the hyper complex Nelnet bullshit and the fact my parents have a lot of their info and such put into these programs, I just don't want to leave my family with 9 grand in debt when we've already been struggling financially recently (although our situation is improving)

I just don't know what to think or where to research. Thanks to anyone that can help

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Without further details nobody can answer your question. Just an example and depending on law where you live, if the loan is only on your name and you die it could be possible that the one who inherits your "possessions" has the option to reject inheritance. Then it's done. But again it's probably not that easy and you need to know the exact details about the loan and who inherits your possessions after you r dead.

9k is a lot of money no doubt but I think it's manageable you're still young, just in college. Not everyone is made for studies I'm pretty sure there're other options.

Last edited:
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
I'm around 9,000$ in student loan debt. No big issue obviously compared to other prices, but I'm clearly not getting this degree and due to several other compounded factors that have been affecting me for a long time I've been seriously considering suicide soon (even if it's been on my mind for well over a decade now)

This might be the wrong place to ask, but if I were to off myself, would my family now take on that debt? I've heard that there's cases where debt isn't passed on, but considering all the hyper complex Nelnet bullshit and the fact my parents have a lot of their info and such put into these programs, I just don't want to leave my family with 9 grand in debt when we've already been struggling financially recently (although our situation is improving)

No, but I've heard that it doesn't stop debt collectors from harassing them. It's vile.

Reactions: FitsTime
throwaway9901

throwaway9901

Sep 15, 2023
Without further details nobody can answer your question. Just an example and depending on law where you live, if the loan is only on your name and you die it could be possible that the one who inherits your "possessions" has the option to reject inheritance. Then it's done. But again it's probably not that easy and you need to know the exact details about the loan and who inherits your possessions after you r dead.

9k is a lot of money no doubt but I think it's manageable you're still young, just in college. Not everyone is made for studies I'm pretty sure there're other options.
Oh I agree, killing yourself solely over just 9k in debt would be absurd. It's just another issue on the pile I have. I just don't want it to become my parent's issue if I were to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori