Status
Not open for further replies.
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
That's why you have to be careful with the empathy displayed on this site. Quite a bit is fake/conditional.

There are members here who I don't agree with on certain issues, but still like. I wouldn't chew them out unless they really got at me for something. But over time it's become clear to me that some here only like you if you subscribe to their shit (and a lot of it really is BS).

It's still surprising to see people who are so fixated on some issues, almost like they signed up with an agenda and a bag full of preconceived ideas ahead of time. I find that pretty odd.

In other cases it seems some are harboring hatred that is just waiting to bubble to the surface. I wish people would be mindful of others in that regard and try not to fly off the handle at everything. We're all suffering on here.
Who was harboring hatred, Sherri, me, someone else? Sherri has mostly been supportive with people or seen counting in that stupid thread. This is why people are like "wow, never saw that coming". It's because there was nothing to see coming.

She likely sent all those hateful messages because she hates Rain, not everyone that is trans. Duh.

As per me, I avoid trans threads and never said anything to trans people in here, nor I particularly cared about them.

What you wrote applies more to the mod team than anyone else, given than just having a negative opinion of something (that you were asked about and you express tactfully) is equated with hate speech and a phobia.
@Brick In The Wall I don't know what proof you have to say this, but if it is true the fact is serious. If she was really a man she had no reason to assault and insult the admin like that or blame the other user for that post. Could it be that instead two people (she and her boyfriend) managed the profile? It's just a hypothesis. It appears that she or he used the site as a perverse game
Nah, they are making shit up, you noticed the inconsistency.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
@Brick In The Wall I don't know what proof you have to say this, but if it is true the fact is serious. If she was really a man she had no reason to assault and insult the admin like that or blame the other user for that post. Could it be that instead two people (she and her boyfriend) managed the profile? It's just a hypothesis. It appears that she or he used the site as a perverse game
Yes it is serious and I'm definitely on the mark here, but I'm not going to divulge anyone's personal information even if they were a bad actor. That wouldn't make me any better and I'm above such behavior.

Reactions: LastFlowers, AtMostOkay, demuic and 5 others
TheWood

TheWood

Experienced
Mar 1, 2022
@whatevs The fact that you hate the administrator, is not a justification for offending a person, trying to harm their dignity. There is a way and way to speak

Reactions: LastFlowers, demuic, littlelungs and 8 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
If you would use transphobia or any bigoted language at someone you dislike you probably see that trait as something negative. Any trans person who had to read what she said is allowed to be hurt
Disliking or disagreeing in regards to something isn't hatred or fear, which is what phobia means. And yes, it means that we see that trait as something negative, just like some users see negatively that someone is politically opposed, but as long as you don't attack people and express your views respectfully there is no hatred anywhere.

Either way she directed those messages to one person privately, so there was no intention to insult transgenders as a group. Although my point isn't even about her not being "transphobic", which I don't know, but that her "transphobia" had very little to do with having thousands of messages in the forum and 2 years of stay. These people coming out of the woodwork with bizarre accusations are slandering someone that can't defend herself because she had a fall out with a powerful mod or admin or whatever it is.

Furthermore, so we have a man masquerading as a woman, that is secretly transphobic. What a story, Mark.
@whatevs The fact that you hate the administrator, is not a justification for offending a person, trying to harm their dignity. There is a way and way to speak
I agree actually. I think it all comes back to the mods thinking that speaking about the unbearable stench of menstruation in women isn't misogynistic in the thread that started the conflict, so it triggered a trans-hating onslaught from Sherri to someone else in a private fashion.

Last edited:
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I can accept everything, but not discrimination.

I am so disappointed, I talked a lot with her, for whole pages.
a few days ago I confessed to her my bisexuality, which I never talk about with anyone because I live in a homophobic country, and then last night I realized that she too is homophobic.

I'm an idiot, naive and stupid, I don't have to trust anyone.
she left me her number, but I delete it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, medjooled11, OpheliasFlowers and 10 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Reminds me of the fiasco with Little_Amy whom ended up being Jeremy.

• Yay!
Reactions: LastFlowers, Élégie, Famous Last Words and 10 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Reminds me of the fiasco with Little_Amy whom ended up being Jeremy.
That's fucking insensitive of him to pretend to be a girl but not just any girl - a girl with Asperger's Syndrome like TF ????

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest, Istanbulite and WrongPlaceWrongTime
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
My spidey senses didn't trust her.

Reactions: LastFlowers, GentleJerk, cyanol and 3 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Sherri reacted in a very hostile manner in response to receiving a fairly minor warning. Now, I do understand having a strong reaction to posts she was offended by. I can understand being upset about being warned too.

What is not justifiable or in any way acceptable is the way she behaved in the aftermath. Transphobia, homophobia, threatening language, harassment and slurs are never okay. Several mods provided multiple opportunities for a calm dialogue, suggested that she take a step back, disengaged to give space etc and she still continued her barrage of insults towards Rain, until she began a lengthy transphobic tirade, sent a slew of insults, threats etc.

This spilled out into Sherri's forum posts as well (not that spewing hateful rhetoric exclusively via PM would make it any better, but she made a point of posting these insults across different threads too). Based on what Rain said, she only posted a fraction of what Sherri actually wrote. The little Rain shared was already appalling, so I hate to imagine what else she received. Rain shouldn't have been subjected to any of that. No-one should be.

Snake of Eden was banned for obsessive preaching and harassing members. I cannot divulge what happened between him and other members as this would be wrong.

However, personally I was inundated with hundreds of messages about how we are both Goddesses in human form with a duty to save mankind and that I must "play my part." I was told that all of my illnesses and suffering would be alleviated if I accepted the "sacred flow." I was told that my daily suffering is caused by my "arrogance" and refusal to follow his teachings, including my illnesses.

Not only that, I was told that there was "no way around my immense suffering", that everything I endured (this individual was very aware of my history) was a price I had to pay to "prove" my worth. Not to mention that he started referring to members as cockroaches in his thread, repeatedly referred to me as "that little bitch", used my past against me and "warned" (i.e. threatened) that if I do not "play my part" I will always suffer and that not heeding his message will be my undoing. Several mods did express our concerns and try to reason with him, but he repeatedly refused to listen and reacted with anger and insults. He has also persistently tried to contact me through other people in the aftermath.

-----

Although the circumstances differ with these members, one common thread is that they engaged in harmful, threatening behaviour that will not be tolerated here.

I appreciate that seeing two popular members go in such a short period of time is tough for those who were familiar with them or even friends with them. I am sorry for those who feel hurt, shocked, betrayed, less comfortable here or just sad. I (along with many others here) am here to support you and to listen.

With that clarification stated and to avoid any further speculation, I am closing this thread. Please redirect any further discussion about specific members to the User Discussion Megathread. Thank you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, TalvezQuemSabe?, Suicidebydeath and 21 others
Status
Not open for further replies.