• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Has anyone else spent many years hopping from like-minded community to like-minded community in search of belonging only to find both that everywhere they're an outsider among outsiders and that, as time relentlessly passes, they're becoming, more and more, the ultimate outsider--the invisible "old"?

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
Interesting topic. I have always felt "different" among social groups, but I would hesitate to describe myself as an outsider among outsiders. That implies a clique has formed and for some reason that exclusive club has chosen to reject me. Honestly speaking, I am just not that important to be rejected or accepted in the first place. I am but 1 drop in an ocean of people.

dwight

dwight

Jun 30, 2018
I stay away from all social groups, because, damn, I hate the fact that others potentially liking the same thing I do. It's disgusting to me. And makes me hate what I used to like. Happens all the time.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Personally, I've always found it more agreeable to be in the position of the one looking from the outside in (or perhaps inside looking out, in my case, given my hikikomori ways). It just comes naturally to me. If anything though I'd call myself an observer, not an outsider, since that implies I want to be a part of what's going on and participate on some level, which I most assuredly do not. I'll always be the shady, fuzzy image in the background because that's exactly where I want to be. I don't belong here on this website, nor on any other. I simply don't belong in this reality and I wouldn't want to even if I could. As far as here is concerned, the act of posting my self-indulgent diatribes about nothing has, and will always, make me feel uncomfortable. Participation in anything social or communal sickens me. A constant, reoccurring transgression I keep committing against myself. Boredom being the main culprit which compels me. One of the largest banes of my existence.