• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

@

@RedRum

-
Jun 30, 2023
Hello everyone, I want everyone to know that life changes. What is consuming every thought right now won't be the same in 5 years. I've experienced several traumatic events in my life. One of my friend died in a bicycle wreck when I was young. My best friend almost bled out while I was trying trying to get him to a hospital. I've also been diagnosed with a tissue disorder that causes chronic pain. I know this pales in comparison to some of you guy's life. My heart hurts for you guys. I don't know if this will help anyone but I hope it does. The pain you go through has the ability to make you a stronger person. Let your pain build strength. "On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it" I genuinely believe this and I have a tattoo to represent this belief. Most of you have so much more life in front of you experience is the only thing we get so don't cut that short. The bottom line is I know so many of you have people that do care about you or maybe a pet that loves you (If not you should get a pet). Don't leave that behind. If you are about to CTB at least talk to someone first or text a help line thats completely anonymous it won't hurt. I'm a random guy on a random computer but I hope this finds someone. I hate that so many people see this as their only option. I wish everyone the best.

E

Emma.D

-
Jun 30, 2023
Hello everyone, I want everyone to know that life changes. What is consuming every thought right now won't be the same in 5 years. I've experienced several traumatic events in my life. One of my friend died in a bicycle wreck when I was young. My best friend almost bled out while I was trying trying to get him to a hospital. I've also been diagnosed with a tissue disorder that causes chronic pain. I know this pales in comparison to some of you guy's life. My heart hurts for you guys. I don't know if this will help anyone but I hope it does. The pain you go through has the ability to make you a stronger person. Let your pain build strength. "On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it" I genuinely believe this and I have a tattoo to represent this belief. Most of you have so much more life in front of you experience is the only thing we get so don't cut that short. The bottom line is I know so many of you have people that do care about you or maybe a pet that loves you (If not you should get a pet). Don't leave that behind. If you are about to CTB at least talk to someone first or text a help line thats completely anonymous it won't hurt. I'm a random guy on a random computer but I hope this finds someone. I hate that so many people see this as their only option. I wish everyone the best.
Is this just a long winded way of saying 'suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem'?ā€¦

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Life doesn't guarantee to get better, life is a coin toss, im sick of knowing tomorrow could be good or awful, I'm sick of my past haunting me. I'm 18 and I already tired, I can't keep fighting anymore

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You trying to "help" is appreciated but I would say this post still fits more in the recovery section. Up to some point you are right but referring to myself I'm probably one of the few ones here who really knows what could be the base for a real full recovery for myself. But that base can't be founded neither by therapy nor meds. After the base for me is there a kinda therapy might really help but without the base therapy or help will fail anyway.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Of course life changes ā€¦ for many it just gets worse. I have no idea why you would feel this an appropriate post for a "Suicide Discussion" thread rather than the "Recovery" section. Patronising thoughts along the lines of "cheer up, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, that which does not defeat us makes us stronger" are just more of the empty cliches with which we are all already familiar.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Of course life changes ā€¦ for many it just gets worse. I have no idea why you would feel this an appropriate post for a "Suicide Discussion" thread rather than the "Recovery" section. Patronising thoughts along the lines of "cheer up, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, that which does not defeat us makes us stronger" are just more of the empty cliches with which we are all already familiar.
I wanna be real with you, I doubt anyone comes to this site via recovery, a majority of the posts are on the suicide board. A majority of us here are either curious or wanting to die

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
At the very least, I will give you credit for not posting this in the suicide section.

Life changes sure, but not always for the better. You cannot guarantee that things get better, and the people whom are able to turn their life around with a mindset change usually have very arbitrary issues like a break up. Unfortunately, a change of attitude won't solve crippling gender dysphoria, transphobia, chronic pain, severe trauma etc. If some people can find value in living in spite of this, then more power to them. However, not everyone is able and/or willing to try.

EDIT: Just realized your post was originally in the suicide section, and moved by a mod. I take back the credit I gave you.

ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I stopped reading after "pain makes you stronger"
No it doesn't mother fucking help, your generic ass platitudes don't help, and I don't fucking want to be stronger I want a different body different face different life and to not have to work

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
The thing is telling people things will get better is no good, people need to see some action.
It's no good saying this when you can't see a doctor, if you have any friends or family they don't know what to do to help you, when you go to emergency and you have a 4 hour wait to just get a pat on the head and sent away, when you call a help line and they just give the same babble about "things will get better". none of this helps

T

thornyrose

-
Jun 30, 2023
If you actually want to help, respond to people's posts with empathy without trying to impose your will on their decision. That's more likely to get the result that you want, meaning them choosing to stay, but that requires more work. This reads like an invalidation of people who are being systemically discriminated against and/or abused, and who need some actual help getting out of that situation. You could be that support for someone, if you want. It requires more effort, but is more effective in the long run. False hope has an expiration date. If you don't want to do that, that's all right, we support each other.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend šŸ«‚
Apr 17, 2023
Life doesn't guarantee to get better, life is a coin toss, im sick of knowing tomorrow could be good or awful, I'm sick of my past haunting me. I'm 18 and I already tired, I can't keep fighting anymore
Few things are worse than getting your hopes up and then having them dashed because of a decision made by another such as a prospective boss.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
If you actually want to help, respond to people's posts with empathy without trying to impose your will on their decision. That's more likely to get the result that you want, meaning them choosing to stay, but that requires more work.

THIS. The sense of belonging and support here is unreal. It seriously helped me.

I wanna be real with you, I doubt anyone comes to this site via recovery, a majority of the posts are on the suicide board. A majority of us here are either curious or wanting to die
I think it oscillates. I joined and my very first comments were negative. Then my wave of emotions passed and I'm avoiding the suicide board a bit. Probably gonna get worse soon and then avoid the recovery section. Who knows. šŸ¤·

N

NoWayOut015

Caught between black and white
Jun 11, 2023
Some may come out stronger permanently, some may feel strong for a while and then crumble and for some it might just be too much to take, especially if it never stops coming.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I hate that so many people see this as their only option.
When you are trapped in a cycle or you know that what is coming in the future in the best of cases will not be pleasant, it is even instinctive to try to get out of there, but what happens when you try 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 5000 times? it feels like life is kicking you because it does not want you to be able to find a way, no matter how many times you try or how you do it. It's just... Overwhelming and pretty exhausting, in the long run it tears you apart, the apparent solution is really to exhaust all the options you can think of, but that requires motivation and energy that is lost as you sink deeper into these situations and it hits hard when you've tried everything in every possible way and you don't make any progress and sometimes you even end up worse, it feels like you're cursed. When that happens, when you have no plausible alternatives left, what real option do you suggest? To help you have to understand the problem, people don't kill themselves lightly or seriously consider it unless something suddenly turns their lives upside down, overcome the survival instinct and be at peace with whatever you think is in store for you after death it is often an arduous process.

The pain you go through has the ability to make you a stronger person. Let your pain build strength
Sorry, but I'm not that kind of masochist. Life is full of unpleasant things, it does not mean we have to get used to them, but it does mean trying to muster the emotional resources to face them, the same resources that are burned when horrible situations drag on, you just can't expect that tightening and tightening the rope is going to make it more resilient.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I just found a new treatment for depression that was helping me feel okay/relatively happy rather than suicidal. But it makes my eyes bloodshot and puffy and that might be dangerous for my eyesight so I had to stop it. Am so gutted. I am on my second to last medication trial and just so unlikely now that anything will help.

OP your triumph over adversity and the joy in your life is great to read.

I know that my life is basically bearing various degrees of mental illness and disability every day. I literally hate it. Am going to try and stick it out for longer so I can save for a holiday for my family (and funeral costs for me). So that is my current purpose.!