• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Life destroyed by invega
Apr 21, 2024
Almost every post gets ignored and a few get a lot of attention but it's almost exclusively all pro-life people telling them to PM them. I even got banned for telling someone their method wouldn't work.

I wish I found this site sooner but I actually had to have someone send me something to find it because it wouldn't come up in google search for suicide forums.

I

iloverachel

Paragon
Mar 7, 2024
Almost every post gets ignored and a few get a lot of attention but it's almost exclusively all pro-life people telling them to PM them. I even got banned for telling someone their method wouldn't work.

I wish I found this site sooner but I actually had to have someone send me something to find it because it wouldn't come up in google search for suicide forums.
I never really liked using reddit or any of is subsections when making posts. It took weeks for people to reply every time

M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024

Yeah
I got banned for saying conrad Jr
And carbon monoxide 😂😂
It's weird to have a forum you can't speak freely on

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
It's just a reflection of the world's attitude towards mental health. Most people get ignored or they get the cliché pro-life BS shoved at them, like that's going to fix anything.

I've honestly seen better life advice and heartfelt care about people on this site than I have on Reddit.

I even got banned for telling someone their method wouldn't work.
I had so many of my posts saying this deleted on that sub, which makes no sense. First, it's helping to prevent an attempt, and second, do you want someone to make an attempt with a bad method and have them end up permanently damaging themselves instead? It's completely counterintuitive to what the entire sub is trying to do.

bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
I usually don't like to comment on other people's struggles. Everyone has different opinions and views, so obviously will be affected differently by different things.

...but, honestly, I really don't find any value in that subreddit. I wouldn't even describe it as 'bad', but literally nothing of value. The majority of posts are just vague rants about random things, and all the replied seem like they've been copy pasted from somewhere, they all say the same thing over and over again.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024

MTE. Which is hilarious as a well-known stereotype of the sub is that people will say "wanna chat?" and then ghost you almost immediately.

It's impossible for most posts to get any kind of response because of how strict the rules for responding have become. Even just a "I'm going through the same thing and it sucks" can get flagged for "subtle incitement" and removed. And I get it, considering how many people are under 18 are on the sub, you want to avoid fostering an environment where some 45 year old with his dick in his hand can get his jollies off on manipulating teens into CTB... But it really killed the sub to limit responses just to platitudes and PM requests.

And it's fake as fuck. They wanted to get these thoughts out of the darkness so to speak, but instead of giving any real space to vent and realize you're not alone, they just turned it into a conveyor belt of trying to get people "fixed" as fast as possible or at least pat themselves on the back.

Regardless, Reddit has been neutering itself for at least a year in its efforts to go public and be advertiser- and investor-friendly. Wouldn't surprise me if the sub were further crippled or quietly removed as well as depression_memes, madeofstyrofoam, etc.

cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
I didn't like that subreddit back when I was on reddit. I preferred to use r/depression_memes instead. It's far better than suicide watch but, at the same time, it isn't nearly as good as this forum imo
I think r/MadeOfStyrofoam is the next best thing after this forum; even though it's primarily centred around self-harm, people there are generally quite positive without forcing the same platitudes you hear almost everywhere else.

Though it's been quite some time since I last used Reddit, I don't know how much of this still holds true...

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Reddit is hive mind stuff. Don't expect anyone there to be thinking critically. I got shadow banned from Resident Evil for pointing out cosplayers putting up photos linking to their only fans or similar sites. The hypocrisy is huge on Reddit. Why do you think your profile and rating system to only for upvotes only? Downvotes = you can't comment or post or anything. So it means only 1 opinion matters and any other opinion is to be nuked.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think r/MadeOfStyrofoam is the next best thing after this forum, IMO; even though it's primarily centred around self-harm, people there are generally quite positive without forcing the same platitudes you hear almost everywhere else.

Though it's been quite some time since I last used Reddit, I don't know how much of this still holds true...
I haven't self harmed and I don't think I ever will but I have seen the subreddit that you're referring to and I agree with you

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
People LOOOOOOVE to shit on SanctionedSuicide "for encouraging suicide" but I swear to fucking god, if you post to r/SuicideWatch there is a very good chance someone will take advantage of Reddit's award function to anonymously PM you and try to drive you to the brink of suicide. I once posted there and was told by an anon, very bitterly, that I should kill myself already and "stop being a whiny little bitch". I have experienced NOTHING of that sort here. There is an emphasis on choice and absolutely no pressure to do anything, buy anything, or CTB. It simply allows the OPPORTUNITY of a relatively humane method of suicide. Shit pisses me off

Last edited:
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
Agreed, it feels like a crowdsourced suicide hotline which just means people are being ignored or given terrible advice or just told to suck it up. Empty, hollow, meaningless words. I left it immediately after finding SaSu.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Suicide watch and depression forums on there made me want to ctb even more . The generic toxic positivity makes anyone want to jump off a cliff

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I haven't actually ever looked at the Reddit groups, it'd probably end up with me spending hours trying to have a logical debate with people who are neither interested in logic nor debate.

But that's pretty much every internet space I engage in. Mostly I don't have energy. And whenever I do attempt, I always end up regretting it.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Honestly, Reddit is one of the last places I would want to look for advice on such matters.
I like Reddit because you can find answers to some questions.
However, in the case of CTB, I would avoid it like the plague.
Of course, the ubiquitous censorship on Reddit doesn't help either.
This irritates me a lot

But, maybe if I was looking for advice on Reddit, I'd be dead because I'd be fed up with their bullshit ;).