violetdevil

violetdevil

Student
Oct 15, 2021
"Death is nothing to us. When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not. All sensation and consciousness ends with death and therefore in death there is neither pleasure nor pain. The fear of death arises from the belief that in death, there is awareness." - Epicurus

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

"After your death you will be what you were before your birth." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend." - Jim Morrison

• Love
Reactions: hetwordtmeteveel, Forever Sleep, situationalsui and 4 others
A

AshH

It iz what it iz
Sep 16, 2023
The second one is my favorite. I'm gonna save it for motivational purposes.

Reactions: violetdevil
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
"Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hetwordtmeteveel, Forever Sleep, situationalsui and 2 others
L

lotushippy42

Mar 17, 2023
"when the commonplace `we must all die` transforms itself suddenly into the acute consciousness "I must die-and soon", then death grapples us, and his fingers are cruel; afterwards, he may come to fold us in his arms as our mother did, and our last moment of dim earthly discerning may be like the first."

-Mary Ann Evans