• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare."
― Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a Funny Story

"It's not only about sadness. In truth, sadness really has little to do with it. Depression is pain in its purest form and I would do anything to be able to feel an emotion again. Any emotion at all. Pain hurts, but pain that's so powerful that you can't feel anything anymore, that's when you start to feel like you're going crazy."
― J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never

"The pretty ones are usually unhappy. They expect everyone to be enamored of their beauty. How can a person be content when their happiness lies in someone else's hands, ready to be crushed at any moment? Ordinary-looking people are far superior, because they are forced to actually work hard to achieve their goals, instead of expecting people to fall all over themselves to help them."
― J. Cornell Michel, Jordan's Brains: A Zombie Evolution

"i find nothing more depressing than optimism."
― Paul Fussell

"He could only consider me as the living corpse of a would-be suicide, a person dead to shame, an idiot ghost."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

"A sense of humor is the best indicator that you will recover; it is often the best indicator that people will love you. Sustain that and you have hope."
― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery."
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes"."
― Lauren Oliver, Delirium

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will."
― Arthur Rimbaud

"If you desire healing,
let yourself fall ill
let yourself fall ill."
― Rumi

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."
― Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination."
― Mark Twain

"I think that little by little I'll be able to solve my problems and survive."
― Frida Kahlo

"Many abused children cling to the hope that growing up will bring escape and freedom.

But the personality formed in the environment of coercive control is not well adapted to adult life. The survivor is left with fundamental problems in basic trust, autonomy, and initiative. She approaches the task of early adulthood――establishing independence and intimacy――burdened by major impairments in self-care, in cognition and in memory, in identity, and in the capacity to form stable relationships.

She is still a prisoner of her childhood; attempting to create a new life, she reencounters the trauma."
― Judith Lewis Herman, Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence - From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror

"I know now that we never get over great losses; we absorb them, and they carve us into different, often kinder, creatures."
― Gail Caldwell, Let's Take the Long Way Home: A Memoir of Friendship

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creatures that cannot."
― Mark Twain, What Is Man?

"The question is not how to get cured, but how to live."
― Joseph Conrad

"Recovery feels like shit. It didn't feel like I was doing something good; it felt like I was giving up. It feels like having to learn how to walk all over again."
― Portia de Rossi, Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain

"So often survivors have had their experiences denied, trivialized, or distorted. Writing is an important avenue for healing because it gives you the opportunity to define your own reality. You can say: This did happen to me. It was that bad. It was the fault & responsibility of the adult. I was—and am—innocent." The Courage to Heal by Ellen Bass & Laura Davis"
― Ellen Bass, The Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse

"I don't need anyone else to distract me from myself anymore,
like I always thought I would."
― Charlotte Eriksson

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

"Happiness [is] only real when shared"
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

"it's not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts."
― Zig Ziglar

"Un-winged and naked, sorrow surrenders its crown to a throne called grace."
― Aberjhani, The River of Winged Dreams

"Over time as most people fail the survivor's exacting test of trustworthiness, she tends to withdraw from relationships. The isolation of the survivor thus persists even after she is free."
― Judith Lewis Herman, Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence - From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror

"It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it."
― Criss Jami, Killosophy

"Instead of saying, "I'm damaged, I'm broken, I have trust issues" say "I'm healing, I'm rediscovering myself, I'm starting over."
― Horacio Jones

"Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed down-stairs one step at a time."
― Mark Twain

"Toxic relationships are dangerous to your health; they will literally kill you. Stress shortens your lifespan. Even a broken heart can kill you. There is an undeniable mind-body connection. Your arguments and hateful talk can land you in the emergency room or in the morgue. You were not meant to live in a fever of anxiety; screaming yourself hoarse in a frenzy of dreadful, panicked fight-or-flight that leaves you exhausted and numb with grief. You were not meant to live like animals tearing one another to shreds. Don't turn your hair gray. Don't carve a roadmap of pain into the sweet wrinkles on your face. Don't lay in the quiet with your heart pounding like a trapped, frightened creature. For your own precious and beautiful life, and for those around you — seek help or get out before it is too late. This is your wake-up call!"
― Bryant McGill

"But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself."
― Albert Camus

"A lot of you cared, just not enough."
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why

"To venture causes anxiety, but not to venture is to lose one's self.... And to venture in the highest is precisely to be conscious of one's self."
― Søren Kierkegaard

"Sometimes even to live is an act of courage."
― Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"Everything...affects everything"
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why

"I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again."
― Charles Bukowski

"The only difference between a suicide and a martyrdom really is the amount of press coverage."
― Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor

"It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late."
― Emil Cioran, The Trouble with Being Born

"Suicide is a form of murder - premeditated murder. It isn't something you do the first time you think of doing it. It takes getting used to. And you need the means, the opportunity, the motive. A successful suicide demands good organization and a cool head, both of which are usually incompatible with the suicidal state of mind."
― Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
― Socrates

"Don't worry if people think you're crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they're destined to be."
― Jennifer Elisabeth, Born Ready: Unleash Your Inner Dream Girl

"Depression weighs you down like a rock in a river. You don't stand a chance. You can fight and pray and hope you have the strength to swim, but sometimes, you have to let yourself sink. Because you'll never know true happiness until someone or something pulls you back out of that river--and you'll never believe it until you realize it was you, yourself who saved you."
― Alysha Speer

"But no matter how much evil I see, I think it's important for everyone to understand that there is much more light than darkness."
― Robert Uttaro, To the Survivors: One Man's Journey as a Rape Crisis Counselor with True Stories of Sexual Violence

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Then came the healing time, hearts started to shine, soul felt so fine, oh what a freeing time it was."
― Aberjhani, Songs from the Black Skylark zPed Music Player

"The test we must set for ourselves is not to march alone but to march in such a way that others will wish to join us."
― Hubert Humphrey

"Hope drowned in shadows
emerges fiercely splendid––
boldly angelic."
― Aberjhani, The River of Winged Dreams

"Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely."
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

"Hope in the beginning feels like such a violation of the loss, and yet without it we couldn't survive."
― Gail Caldwell, Let's Take the Long Way Home: A Memoir of Friendship

"Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery."
― Fulton J. Sheen

"Guilt is a destructive and ultimately pointless emotion"
― Lynn Crilly, Hope with Eating Disorders

"We are all damaged. We have all been hurt. We have all had to learn painful lessons. We are all recovering from some mistake, loss, betrayal, abuse, injustice or misfortune. All of life is a process of recovery that never ends. We each must find ways to accept and move through the pain and to pick ourselves back up. For each pang of grief, depression, doubt or despair there is an inverse toward renewal coming to you in time. Each tragedy is an announcement that some good will indeed come in time. Be patient with yourself."
― Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life

"...repeated trauma in childhood forms and deforms the personality. The child trapped in an abusive environment is faced with formidable tasks of adaptation. She must find a way to preserve a sense of trust in people who are untrustworthy, safety in a situation that is unsafe, control in a situation that is terrifyingly unpredictable, power in a situation of helplessness. Unable to care for or protect herself, she must compensate for the failures of adult care and protection with the only means at her disposal, an immature system of psychological defenses."

"The Seven Social Sins are:

Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
Politics without principle.

From a sermon given by Frederick Lewis Donaldson in Westminster Abbey, London, on March 20, 1925."
― Frederick Lewis Donaldson

"The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back."
― Abigail Van Buren

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently."
― Maya Angelou

"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing."
― August Wilson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
― Abraham Lincoln

"Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

"I mostly want to remind her of the recipes of healing, and give her my own made-on-the spot remedy for the easing of her pain. I tell her, "Get a pen. Stop crying so you can write this down and start working on it tonight." My remedy is long. But the last item on the list says: "When you wake up and find yourself living someplace where there is nobody you love and trust, no community, it is time to leave town – to pack up and go (you can even go tonight). And where you need to go is any place where there are arms that can hold you, that will not let you go."
― bell hooks, Sisters of the Yam: Black Women and Self-Recovery

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters"
― Albert Einstein

"Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness."
― R.J. Palacio, Wonder

"In the end you should always do the right thing even if it's hard."
― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

"Top 15 Things Money Can't Buy
Time. Happiness. Inner Peace. Integrity. Love. Character. Manners. Health. Respect. Morals. Trust. Patience. Class. Common sense. Dignity."

"Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

"Don't ever feel bad that someone couldn't give you all of their heart. Be grateful that you can take the least complicated part of their soul with you, wherever you go. This is more than some people will ever have."
― Shannon L. Alder

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
― John Wooden

"Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.
Focus on your character, not your reputation.
Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes."

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
― Helen Keller

"Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on."
― Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile

"Which of us has not felt that the character we are reading in the printed page is more real than the person standing beside us?"
― Cornelia Funke

"Sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey. They don't need to, it's not for them."
― Joubert Botha

"Thirty seconds of pure awareness is a long time, especially after a lifetime of escaping yourself at all costs."
― Kiera Van Gelder, The Buddha and the Borderline: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder through Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Buddhism, and Online Dating

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
― Mark Twain

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals."
― Paul McCartney

"It is better to be alone than in bad company."
― George Washington

"I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody."
― Abraham Lincoln

"If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you will get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man."
― Fyodor Dostoevsky

"What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements."
― Anais Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

Last edited by a moderator:
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
"If you can fall in love again and again, if you can forgive your parents for the crime of bringing you into the world, if you are content to get nowhere, just take each day as it comes, if you can forgive as well as forget, if you can keep from growing sour, surly, bitter and cynical, man you've got it half licked."
—Arthur Miller

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
If you click on "tools" on the bottom of something you posted within the past hour or so, you can edit it and add those quotes in so you don't have to repost :)

I don't have any quotes I like, sorry, just wanted to help out

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
CHARACTER

"To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
― Theodore Roosevelt

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
― Sophocles, Antigone

"Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing."
― Abraham Lincoln

"People do not seem to realise that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A dog reflects the family life. Whoever saw a frisky dog in a gloomy family, or a sad dog in a happy one? Snarling people have snarling dogs, dangerous people have dangerous ones."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes

"All cruelty springs from weakness."
― Seneca, Seneca's Morals: Of a Happy Life, Benefits, Anger and Clemency

"The measure of a man is what he does with power."
― Plato

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body."
― Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: 'To rise above little things'."
― John Burroughs

"When you choose your friends, don't be short-changed by choosing personality over character."
― W.Somerset Maugham

"Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life — is the source from which self-respect springs."
― Joan Didion, On Self-Respect

"Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life. "
― Ann Landers

"Be an independent thinker at all times, and ignore anyone who attempts to define you in a limiting way."
― Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl—A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Last edited:
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
KNOWLEDGE

"Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly."
― Langston Hughes

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."
― Albert Einstein

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know."
― Mark Twain

"No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire."
― L. Frank Baum, The Lost Princess of Oz

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours."
― John Locke

"Great minds are always feared by lesser minds."
― Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

"Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know."
― Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think"
― Socrates

"Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you."
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sixteen

Sixteen

Feb 18, 2019
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

"If life is truly meaningless and there is no rational basis for choosing among fundamental alternatives, then all choices are equal and there is no fundamental ground for choosing life over death." - unknown

Humor:
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." -Douglas Adams

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception." -Groucho Marx

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
MARK TWAIN

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
― Mark Twain

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
― Mark Twain

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
― Mark Twain

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."
― Mark Twain

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
― Mark Twain

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
― Mark Twain

"Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it."
― Mark Twain

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
― Mark Twain

"Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."
― Mark Twain

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography."
― Mark Twain

Last edited:
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
"A person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

i first heard this quote on the television series Smallville and it stuck; since then I've actually used it many times when trying to help people dealing with communication and relationship problems.

justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
"I am convinced that human life is filled with many pure, happy, serene examples of insincerity, truly splendid of their kind-of people deceiving one another without (strangely enough) any wounds being inflicted, of people who seem unaware even that they are deceiving one another."

" The weak fear happiness itself. They can harm themselves on cotton wool. Sometimes they are wounded even by happiness. "

" I shall be nothing, the wind, the sky."

Osamu Dazai-No longer human

lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
"Just keep quiet. Stay as you are. You don't have to listen to every thought that comes in your mind. Certainly you don't have to follow them. That which wants to follow them, is the habitual identity that you keep thinking is you. The idea we have of who we are is suffering from its own projections. Discern. You have to come to know the difference between your mind and your Self. You are the witness of the mind as thought, sensations—all of this. I am looking at my hand —is my hand looking at me? The seeing begins with you. What is being seen are phenomenal appearances, they come and go. Even the very body is itself perceived. Where is this perceiver located? Don't scratch your head too much. Invite the question and let it search you. " - Mooji

https://mooji.org/en/the-library/quote-of-the-day/28-02-2019

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
computer-beat-me-at-chess.jpg

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul? John Keats

Attachments

• today-a-young-man-on-acid-realized-that-all-matter-15420272.png
    today-a-young-man-on-acid-realized-that-all-matter-15420272.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

— Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
"I believe what I believe and I don't believe I am a fool for believing it"

-mattwitt

Reactions: not_a_robot
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
If you haven't seen the movie or read the book. i suggest you do..

"I don't believe in God. Can you understand that? Look around you man. Cant you see? The clamor and din of those in torment has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear. And I loathe these discussions. The argument of the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place. Your fellowship is a fellowship of pain and nothing more. And if that pain were actually collective instead of simply reiterative then the sheer weight of it would drag the world from the walls of the universe and send it crashing and burning through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering until it was not even ash. And justice? Brotherhood? Eternal life? Good god, man. Show me a religion that prepares one for death. For nothingness. There's a church I might enter. Yours prepares one only for more life. For dreams and illusions and lies. If you could banish the fear of death from men's hearts they wouldnt live a day. Who would want this nightmare if not for fear of the next? The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy. Every road ends in death. Or worse. Every friendship. Every love. Torment, betrayal, loss, suffering, pain, age, indignity, and hideous lingering illness. All with a single conclusion. For you and for every one and everything that you have chosen to care for. There's the true brotherhood. The true fellowship. And everyone is a member for life. You tell me that my brother is my salvation? My salvation? Well then damn him. Damn him in every shape and form and guise. Do I see myself in him? Yes. I do. And what I see sickens me. Do you understand me? Can you understand me?"

― Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited
"You give up the world line by line. Stoically. And then one day you realize that your courage is farcical. It doesn't mean anything. You've become an accomplice in your own annihilation and there is nothing you can do about it. Everything you do closes a door somewhere ahead of you. And finally there is only one door left."

"I yearn for the darkness. I pray for death. Real death. If I thought that in death I would meet the people I've known in life I don't know what I'd do. That would be the ultimate horror. The ultimate despair. If I had to meet my mother again and start all of that all over, only this time without the prospect of death to look forward to? Well. That would be the final nightmare. Kafka on wheels."

"I want the dead to be dead
forever.
I don't want to be one of them,
Except of course you can't be one of them.
You can't be one of the dead
because that which, has no existence can have no community.
No community!
My heart warms just thinking about it--
blackness, aloneness ,silence, peace,
and all of it only a heartbeat away."

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
If you haven't seen the movie or read the book. i suggest you do..

"I don't believe in God. Can you understand that? Look around you man. Cant you see? The clamor and din of those in torment has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear. And I loathe these discussions. The argument of the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place. Your fellowship is a fellowship of pain and nothing more. And if that pain were actually collective instead of simply reiterative then the sheer weight of it would drag the world from the walls of the universe and send it crashing and burning through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering until it was not even ash. And justice? Brotherhood? Eternal life? Good god, man. Show me a religion that prepares one for death. For nothingness. There's a church I might enter. Yours prepares one only for more life. For dreams and illusions and lies. If you could banish the fear of death from men's hearts they wouldnt live a day. Who would want this nightmare if not for fear of the next? The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy. Every road ends in death. Or worse. Every friendship. Every love. Torment, betrayal, loss, suffering, pain, age, indignity, and hideous lingering illness. All with a single conclusion. For you and for every one and everything that you have chosen to care for. There's the true brotherhood. The true fellowship. And everyone is a member for life. You tell me that my brother is my salvation? My salvation? Well then damn him. Damn him in every shape and form and guise. Do I see myself in him? Yes. I do. And what I see sickens me. Do you understand me? Can you understand me?"

"You give up the world line by line. Stoically. And then one day you realize that your courage is farcical. It doesn't mean anything. You've become an accomplice in your own annihilation and there is nothing you can do about it. Everything you do closes a door somewhere ahead of you. And finally there is only one door left."

"I yearn for the darkness. I pray for death. Real death. If I thought that in death I would meet the people I've known in life I don't know what I'd do. That would be the ultimate horror. The ultimate despair. If I had to meet my mother again and start all of that all over, only this time without the prospect of death to look forward to? Well. That would be the final nightmare. Kafka on wheels."

"I want the dead to be dead
forever.
I don't want to be one of them,
Except of course you can't be one of them.
You can't be one of the dead
because that which, has no existence can have no community.
No community!
My heart warms just thinking about it--
blackness, aloneness ,silence, peace,
and all of it only a heartbeat away."
Thank you so much for this, I've attempted a couple of his books and lost interest but now I really want this one.