• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
Hi does anybody know what does of quetiapine I need for it to act successfully as a anti-emetic?

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Quetiapine isn't really well known or understood as an antiemetic.

There are case reports of it being used in Parkinson's patients to manage nausea and vomiting (where more conventional antiemetics can't be used), but for some people it causes vomiting and dyspepsia/indigestion.

The reported dose was fairly low, about 50mg/day in two doses. I take 300mg/day for bipolar and I can't really say it has any antiemetic effect for me. You'd need to try it and see if it works for you.

Reactions: malevolentdiety
M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
Quetiapine isn't really well known or understood as an antiemetic.

There are case reports of it being used in Parkinson's patients to manage nausea and vomiting (where more conventional antiemetics can't be used), but for some people it causes vomiting and dyspepsia/indigestion.

The reported dose was fairly low, about 50mg/day in two doses. I take 300mg/day for bipolar and I can't really say it has any antiemetic effect for me. You'd need to try it and see if it works for you.
All the beta blocking antiemetics do not mix well with quetiapine, so I'm kinda sol.

Reactions: unabletocope