• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LucifersIntrovert

LucifersIntrovert

Buried Alive
Sep 10, 2023
I'm 19 as of now finishing up my first year of college enjoying and studying law to become a family law attorney. (If I ever live that long) but I have some questions that have genuinely haunted me and worry me since middle school and if someone older than me can answer I would appreciate it.
1) does life actually get easier? I feel as if you just accept and adapt to it.
2) what made you stay for as long as you have and not CTB?
3) does adult life suck all the responsibilities and aspirations to have kids and everything?
4) what drove you to join this siteā€¦ years of depression, anxiety, something in the moment happened? (This one's a bit personal you don't have to answer if you don't want to)

Thank you :)

If you are not older or the same age feel free to answer if you wish to I'd love any input at this point šŸ˜­

S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
1) No.
I do notice, that it is a good idea to be sociable as much as possible at your age, as it is easier when you are younger, and it pays off quite handsomely as you get older. You have then a much higher chance of establishing a support network with a larger pool of connections.

2) Cowardice. And laziness.

3) People today don't have kids, because they feel they don't have the means to properly take care of them. Growing up is a lot harder that it used to be.

4) Something in several moments.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm more than double your age. I was neither suicidal when I was in school nor as an adult. For most of my life I wasn't suicidal at all and it never came to my mind that I ever wanted to die early.

To answer 4): A big failure in life made me suicidal bc there is no way out for me, life will only get worse and the older u r the more likely it is that big failures are a death sentence.

Whether life gets easier or not is subjective and it also depends on your personal circumstances. From today's pov I consider my 20's as the best years of my life.

My life was good, I was happy, successful, there was no reason to contemplate CTB.

3) does adult life suck all the responsibilities and aspirations to have kids and everything?
Not at all. Well, I would say this depends a little bit on the culture of the country/region where you live. But I would say it's not a responsibility to get married and have kids.

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Absolutely impossible to predict. I know people who went through absolute hell in their youth who are thriving and happy now they're older. Nobody can tell you how it will turn out. Nobody.

Periods of recovery where I start to feel hope, including one point where I got a new dog to keep me going when the older one died. She died last year and now I'm back in this hole but I've got a young dog that I adore but who has her own behavioural issues so can't be easily rehomed. Without her, I'd have CTB several months ago.

I chose to not have children so can't answer that aspect but I do know that my friends who struggle with their mental health and suicidal thoughts would do absolutely anything to spend even one more day with their children. As for the rest of adult life, yes, it sucks when you have to pay bills and whatever but I wouldn't go back to my childhood or teen years for anything.

4) what drove you to join this siteā€¦ years of depression, anxiety, something in the moment happened?
I think I was researching suicide methods and stumbled across a post on here. I can't really remember. I do know I'd never felt that bad, even after years of struggling with depression. (Little did I know that it's possible to feel worse.)

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It never got better for me and I have been trying for years. But it definitely got much easier than my teen years, I have a completely different perspective and understanding of things now. When you post this question on the suicide page though, kind of similar answers are going to be expected. You should also know every answer here is going to be subjective. What someone got dealt in life may not be the same for everyone else. Just because it never changed for one or even got worse by the day doesn't mean there is no hope for all.

dajabe

dajabe

Apr 5, 2024
Im 29 and currently studiyng forensics and computer science.
Follow answer is my Personal experience
1. Its an up and down for me. If I would addapt it in numbers from 0-suicidal and 10-pure enjoyment, than my "up"-days are a 4/5 and my downs are a 0. Most times I just get trough live day by day trying not to think about my feelings.
2. Im a transmale (Born in a female body) and for my childhood/teenage years lived as a girl (had no idea what trans* even was). In school I was bullyed for having short hair and wearing boys clothe. I was not suicidal by then but had massive Anger against all that hurt me or did nothing to help me. I had thoughts about killing them or wishing some Event would Happen and all of them would die due to that.when I was about 20 I then tried to kill myself the first time wich lead into hospitalation in a psychiatric unit. I tried to end my live several times when I was in there and ended up beeing 1,5 years in the closed Unit.then it got better. Not because of Therapy it was just like a switch in my head. Now I am suicidal again since 2 years. The only Thing that keeps me from ctb are my Parents, esspecialy my mom shes the "love of my live".
3. I dont have any responsebilities. No friends, relationships, ....
4. Cause I dont have anyone who I could talk to or share my thoughts with. It helps reducing my Stress to open up, but I have huge social anxiety and cant talk to people face to face.
Sorry for my long answer šŸ˜…

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth
W

wsx-rt

Apr 17, 2024
I'm 19 as of now finishing up my first year of college enjoying and studying law to become a family law attorney. (If I ever live that long) but I have some questions that have genuinely haunted me and worry me since middle school and if someone older than me can answer I would appreciate it.
4) what drove you to join this siteā€¦ years of depression, anxiety, something in the moment happened? (This one's a bit personal you don't have to answer if you don't want to)

If you are not older or the same age feel free to answer if you wish to I'd love any input at this point šŸ˜­
I have been terminally ill for more than 10 years, I want to leave this world because I am tired of physical torment, loneliness, I want to leave easily and painlessly

• Hugs
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
40. Have partner. Employed full time, part time school. šŸ‘‹
Life has the same difficulty throughout, it's how you handle it. Building a close support network is the largest deciding factor on how well you handle life. College is a great time to start building friendships, social connections, and also networking connections that can help with your career. In short, do the work now and you will set yourself up for a better life.

When I first told my parents I was suicidal at 15, they told me "life will get better when you get to college". Unfortunately, life didn't get better in college but I thought maybe it would once I got out and started my career. That didn't happen either. Really I just kept gaslighting myself thinking that if I just did X then I would be happy. Totally not true and at this point I regret living this long.

The answer to this is the usual work/life balance and social support answer. I have no hobbies, no time for friends, nothing but that's because out of the 14 years of professional career I've been in school for like, 9 of them (I just keep getting degrees). It's sucked all of the fun out of my life and I feel like I'm an empty shell of a human. Don't do this and you'll be find. You're aiming to be a lawyer so it's likely you're going to be working crazy hours, which is fine as long as you have a good support system and take care of yourself. As for kids, I never wanted them but there is no way in hell I could have time for kids also.

After 25 years of depression, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I have a house full of junk for hobbies I'll never be able to do because all I do is work. My partner has only made my life worse, my parents mean well but just damage my mental health (remember that whole social support thing I mentioned?). I'm drained and tired from having to exist. I'm just done.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

I'm 70. I'll answer your questions in order.
(1) In many ways life does get easier as you get older, as you have more experience to draw on when problems arise. The main disadvantage eventually is that you are much more likely to have health problems, though that's usually not a big issue until you get past 60.
(2) I explained in my introductory post, when I joined this site, that I will ctb if my husband dies before me, but I am under no pressure to ctb before then. Unlike many people here, I'm not prone to depression. I stay because I think I can sometimes be of assistance to other members.
(3) For me the answer was "No", but everyone is different. I dont have kids, and never wanted kids.
(4) I came across the site by chance, realised I might have something to contribute, so I stayed.

Last edited:
N

nexus2049

Apr 19, 2024

1) I think in some ways yes, perhaps not easier but freedom as you grow older and get more responsibilities increases. As you progress at work you can delegate more and take on higher level and more interesting tasks. I think life gets better from a professional perspective as you get older.
2) I only want to CTB because of addiction consequences:
3) you don't have to have kids. Many don't nowadays. I didn't want to when I was married although I would give anything to have my life back with kids now.
4) lost everything gambling addictiom

• Hugs
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I'm 44. Not old, but older. Also studied law so at 19 we had at least something in common!

For me:

1 and 3. Responsibilities change. Opportunities narrow. At 19, I felt like I could still do or become anything. Endless possibilities. Almost no responsibilities. At 44, the options left are far less. Fwiw I went into insurance law after law school, and quit after 18 months, then never used the degree again. The reason I quit was because I was working 60 hour weeks, and the senior partners were arriving before me and leaving after me every day. In their 80s! That's a lot of life behind that desk. If you've decided on Family Law, make sure you really enjoy Family Law, because if you stay the course that's where most of your waking life will likely be.

I wouldn't say life gets easier. It gets different. Responsibility increases, but that can bring its own rewards. The endless possibilities reduce to a pretty narrow path. As for adult life sucking the joy out of having kids, I must admit I decided very early on that I wanted no part of that. Not much older than you are now, I knew for certain I never wanted kids. That said, virtually everyone I know with kids, which now is almost everyone I know, sees their relationships with them as one of if not the most important thing in their lives. So if you're that way inclined, I don't think adult life will ruin it, if your relationship and finances are healthy.

2 and 4. I'll answer 4 first because it makes 2 redundant. I came here to find posts from my best friend who ctb. And stayed to understand why he did it through others who view/experience life in a similar way. Ctb is not and has never been a serious consideration for me personally.

• Hugs
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I'm almost 30 FWIW.

For me, yes and no.

Yes, because: As your brain develops (especially that frontal lobe finishing up at about 25) I feel a lot more confident and relaxed about a lot of situations and I'm less bothered by what other people think of me. I feel stronger and more resilient to random work and life challenges, which come with experience when you meet them head-on. And they often say that high school or college are the best years of your life, but for me they were WAY too stressful to be the "best years." I was constantly working or studying and had no time or money to do much of anything, I was worried about my future, I was still an ugly duckling and my friends didn't appreciate me... As a working adult I can afford to travel and buy nice things, you can leave your work at work for the most part and enjoy your night, and I don't have to work weekends (as I did in my crappy college part-time job). And in general most people are much more mature and avoid drama, and take you more seriously than they do when you're a teenager or young 20s. And best yet, some people just start to look up to you for some reason lmao. Plus I became a lot more fit and attractive than I was in my so-called "peak years" because now I could afford what it takes to look good and exercise well. So it's partly acceptance/adaptation of growing up and partly realizing that maturity, wisdom, experience and age (and a full-time salary) make life easier in general.

But also no, because: I do miss having long summer vacations, school breaks, etc. I wouldn't say my job is soul-sucking and office work is generally pretty easy but I do miss being a bright-eyed student and feeling like my whole life was ahead of me. Generally you have less time for everything and more responsibilities. It's also WAY harder to make friends after school ends, and dating is still a crapshoot because a lot of people just refuse to grow up and the good ones get snatched up quick. You now find yourself with bills and nobody to really take care of you (unless you're lucky and have a partner/benefactor who will support you) which is pretty lonely. It also really sucks to see loved ones age and pass away -- I miss being a kid and having everyone be "here" and having that safety of family and a childhood home (not to say everyone is lucky enough to have this, but that was the case for me). And generally in your 20s/30s there's a lot of pressure to establish yourself and your career because you don't want to just fuck around for a decade or two and find yourself with no retirement or whatever.

I love my parents, they are the most important people in my life and I know they would suffer horribly if I were to CTB. Plus I still have a few things to do (finishing fanfiction, travel, small events I'm looking forward to) that keep me afloat for now.

It doesn't totally suck, but from my perspective I was never privileged enough to have "no responsibilities." Sure, it's way easier to be a kid in general, but I was always expected to do chores even from a young age, I had pretty strict parents, I was always expected to get good grades (I had the most Asian-like white parents ever lmao), and I always had to toe the line because I had a moral Catholic upbringing. So in that way there's more freedom to be an adult because I pay my own bills and my parents don't gaf what I do because I'm an adult. And just because you have bills, a mortgage, take care of a pet, etc. doesn't mean you can't have fun. I travel, go to concerts and raves, trawl art fairs and festivals, hang out in the park, thrift and go to music stores, take art classes, explore new restaurants, or just spend all night playing video games if I want. The difference is that I have the money to afford what I want to do now. I guess it's weirder at my age to get shit-faced and hoe out all night but that was NEVER my lifestyle anyway.

Aspirations to have kids... I can't comment on this because I want kids REALLY BADLY and would love to be a mom and have a family. So I never feel pressured against my will. But it's hard to find someone who wants kids without having 3 already with a psycho ex-baby mama or who's not a deadbeat dad or a manchild. So I'd say my sadness comes more from not being able to have that and how challenging it is to find a good partner who wants kids. And sometimes your life can improve with kids, if you want them. My brother and SIL are having the time of their lives with my new niece, so many fun family trips and family-based events and things to explore which you don't have if you're childless (NOT shaming childfree people, just saying your life and fun don't have to end with kids).

I don't want to live in a world without my parents, I'm pretty sure nobody would give a fuck about me once they're gone and I would just be mentally tortured with the reminder of their passing forever. Plus I don't want to grow old, single, and childless, I'd rather blow my head off. I've also had years of anxiety and depression and they have gotten MUCH worse since about November of last year (had to go on medication and nearly killed myself a few times). It's nice to have a resource to express these feelings considering most other forums (Reddit. etc.) either explicitly censor discussions on suicidal thoughts or they don't allow anything except pro-life platitudes in response. Like the grief support subreddit straight-up bans mentioning suicidal thoughts because it could make "suicide survivors" feel bad lmao.

Sorry about the long post -- just wanted something with more detail on how I felt so it wasn't just a "no, it sucks" or "yes, it's fine"

Reactions: divinemistress36