• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
So first I'd like to say I still live with my parents. I've got no access to therapy whatsoever, apart from a suicide hotline that I don't know is any good because while I'll be able to talk this out with a professional, it won't end my suffering in an abusive home. I'm still probably gonna call it in case I can be saved. Though I don't think I can. I have way too many mental and physical issues to handle life. I don't think it's even worth it listing them.

I've looked into some methods, but hanging and jumping are too risky for me. I can't use any drugs or anything. So I found the plastic bag method. I feel sort of attached to my life and don't want to end it yet. But I do have questions regarding the method.

I'm planning to use 2 or 3 plastic trash bags taped to my neck while I have a loose knot (the rope handcuffs) around my hands, while I'm wearing a balaclava that's covering my nose and mouth just in case. After I've finished doing the taping I would then put my hands under my waist, tighten the handcuffs around my hands and secure the knot by tying 2 more basic knots. This can only be done during the night when I'm gonna have enough peace and privacy to do this. I'll be in my bed, lying down, so my body will also be holding my hands down in order to prevent my SI from ripping the bags. I've also tried tying my hands up this way, and I actually struggled with freeing them later, so I think my method is good. But is it? Let me know if I missed anything.

I know it's not without risks, but this is really the only way. I know I'm gonna struggle with suffocating, but it'll only last a few minutes until I pass out.
While scrolling the compilations or whatever on this site, I came across someone saying that I should be sitting in a chair instead of lying down, but no one provided any reasons for that. Is this true at all?

Also, I did say I don't have any drugs, however my father uses very mild sleeping pills that I don't believe will help with unaliving myself the plastic bag way.

Any other tips?

• Aww..
Reactions: ctbgurl, Meaninglessness, Sister of the Moon and 1 other person
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I think my method is good. But is it?
Is not and you will regret it the moment that you start to feel the unbearable torture and panic of the Hypercapnic Alarm Response due to CO₂ accumulation.

The way to go with a bag is using inert gas, which is completely peaceful, fast and painless.

• Informative
Reactions: Kattt, mObinDEc, Infinite Conscious and 5 others
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Is not and you will regret it the moment that you start to feel the unbearable torture and panic of the Hypercapnic Alarm Response due to CO₂ accumulation.

The way to go with a bag is using inert gas, which is completely peaceful, fast and painless.
Like I said, I don't have access to anything apart from the items I've listed. Sure, I might feel torture and panic (had a few experiences of choking and drowning) but I think I'll feel at peace as well because it's a decision I will be making for myself as opposed to something happening to me involuntarily. A few minutes of torture is better than decades. This is the only way out for me right now, although I really hope I won't end up doing this. I want to heal, I really do, but I can't get out and suicide is the only way for me to escape at the moment.

As for the regret... Well. It'll be too late for that by the time.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mare Imbrium, Sister of the Moon, Lone_Traveler90 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Wish you had more options, sounds like your very limited to choices. 😕🤗

Upvote 0
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
If you can manage to secure your hands and attach bags I see it would work. However depending on the size of bags it could take long time hopelessly hyperventilating. But my guess is it would be still more comfortable than when cannot breath at all like in drowning.

Reactions: qiuyu
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Wish you had more options, sounds like your very limited to choices. 😕🤗
Yeah... I wish I didn't feel suicidal at all. I wish I wasn't in a place so bad that I joined a suicide forum, which I heard a ton of awful things about. But in a way, looking up methods prevented me from doing something stupid like jumping from a 7m high bridge. A lot could go wrong here.
If you can manage to secure your hands and attach bags I see it would work. However depending on the size of bags it could take long time hopelessly hyperventilating. But my guess is it would be still more comfortable than when cannot breath at all like in drowning.
The bags are fairly small, I think. They fit in an average trash can under the kitchen sink

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex
Upvote 0
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
We probably all wish we didn't feel like we do about our lives, and that exiting is the only solution to our situation, predicament or problems. I can only say that your not alone in feeling the way you do. This forum isn't just about how to end your life. Me personally, I feel I'm in the same boat with like minded people who are trying to put one foot in front of the other, even though we are far from enjoying our existence. It's good your using the forum to search out non viable ways that will make your life even worse through serious injury and not achieve ending it.

Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Yeah, I could instead end up stuck in a wheelchair forever and another suicide attempt wouldn't be possible. Besides, I don't know enough about falling to sense if I'm falling forward or backward, or on my side, or feet-first instead of head-first... It all seems super difficult. However with my chosen method, there's still a risk for brain damage or I could wake up paralyzed, or something. That would be extremely unlucky.
We probably all wish we didn't feel like we do about our lives, and that exiting is the only solution to our situation, predicament or problems. I can only say that your not alone in feeling the way you do. This forum isn't just about how to end your life. Me personally, I feel I'm in the same boat with like minded people who are trying to put one foot in front of the other, even though we are far from enjoying our existence. It's good your using the forum to search out non viable ways that will make your life even worse through serious injury and not achieve ending it.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Glad your thinking and not acting on desperation or irrational behaviour. I use this place as a distraction or to gain knowledge or just to interact with similar people, maybe offer a kind word to someone who's having a really shit time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TapeMachine and katagiri83
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Glad your thinking and not acting on desperation or irrational behaviour. I use this place as a distraction or to gain knowledge or just to interact with similar people, maybe offer a kind word to some who's having a really shit time.
Thank you, I appreciate that you chose to talk to me as well
Does anyone know the reason for the "don't lie down" though?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Upvote 0
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Thank you also for chatting, I hope you can find some peace in life and not feel your in such a terrible place with limited choice. There are some good people on here, they have reached out and chatted with me and helped me. You just have to work out who you think is genuine, as like any forum it attracts people from all walks of life. 🤗

Reactions: nature fan
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Thank you also for chatting, I hope you can find some peace in life and not feel your in such a terrible place with limited choice. There are some good people on here, they have reached out and chatted with me and helped me. You just have to work out who you think is genuine, as like any forum it attracts people from all walks of life. 🤗
Thanks again, I'll try. Wish you the best

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Kurushii

Kurushii

Student
Jan 14, 2023
Hello, I don't know why it's reccomended to sit up for this method either, besides that the person described doing this method in the PPH was sitting in a recliner. Survival Instinct is a LOT stronger than you'd think it would be... Like, it's actually the strongest instict a person can have (Im pretty sure anyway) So that SI gets in the way a lot of the time. Like what GasMonkey said you would feel unbearable panic.. It would not be a fun way to go unfortunately :(

Upvote 0
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Hello, I don't know why it's reccomended to sit up for this method either, besides that the person described doing this method in the PPH was sitting in a recliner
This method (bag only) doesn't appear in the PPeH, it was removed long ago, maybe you are confusing it with the inert gas+bag method.

• Informative
Reactions: outrider567 and Endex
Upvote 0
Kurushii

Kurushii

Student
Jan 14, 2023
I... was reading the 2006 version the whole time? I suppose so. Does the information really get outdated or is it fine if I read the older copy?
This method (bag only) doesn't appear in the PPeH, it was removed long ago, maybe you are confusing it with the inert gas+bag method

Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Hello, I don't know why it's reccomended to sit up for this method either, besides that the person described doing this method in the PPH was sitting in a recliner. Survival Instinct is a LOT stronger than you'd think it would be... Like, it's actually the strongest instict a person can have (Im pretty sure anyway) So that SI gets in the way a lot of the time. Like what GasMonkey said you would feel unbearable panic.. It would not be a fun way to go unfortunately :(
I don't think my SI would be able to remove some pretty strong handcuffs though... Sure, it wouldnt be a fun way to go, but it's better than a lifetime of suffering.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
I've been feeling particularly suicidal this week and I think I want to try it tonight. Just to see how long I can survive without panicking and how much time I have to tape the bags to my neck. This isn't gonna be a spontaneous decision, I need to really prepare for this so I don't start breathing quickly and nervously and use up all the oxygen in the bag when I finally commit

• Aww..
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Ok so update I'm not doing it today. I'm too tired and also a bit scared. I'll try soon tho, to see how it feels in case I feel bad enough to want to die for real

• Hugs
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Upvote 0
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
A couple of people already tried to warn you... it is a very bad choice of method, although I can relate to the entire situation of not having other options.

This is how it will look... even if you get to the point of "no return", your SI will have you screaming and banging, trying to get your parents to hear.
And they will hear... but by the time they come in and try to get the bags off your head, an entire minute, or more, will have passed.
And the worst possible scenario is quite probable - they "save" you, but the brain damage makes you multiple times worse than you are now, possibly a vegetable.
And people in vegetative states, or even commas, are - conscious! Imagine waiting for decades to die, unable to move... or speak, or anything on your own.

There must be another way... hanging is with a good reason the most popular way in the entire world, when one cannot get access to SN or a gun.
You said yourself that you don't want to die right now as you feel "attached"... so wait, see if something changes, maybe you can get a rope or SN in a few months.

I know how you think now - "they don't understand that I don't have a choice".
But you still HAVE A CHOICE!
Don't lose that choice by trying a method that is a catastrophe from a mile away.

The best possible advice - just follow what most other people are doing.
And most are using SN or hanging... NOT ONE has recently even mentioned suffocation with a plastic bag with no inert gas involved.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: hell in a cage, Endex and SpaceSpace
Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
A couple of people already tried to warn you... it is a very bad choice of method, although I can relate to the entire situation of not having other options.

This is how it will look... even if you get to the point of "no return", your SI will have you screaming and banging, trying to get your parents to hear.
And they will hear... but by the time they come in and try to get the bags off your head, an entire minute, or more, will have passed.
And the worst possible scenario is quite probable - they "save" you, but the brain damage makes you multiple times worse than you are now, possibly a vegetable.
And people in vegetative states, or even commas, are - conscious! Imagine waiting for decades to die, unable to move... or speak, or anything on your own.

There must be another way... hanging is with a good reason the most popular way in the entire world, when one cannot get access to SN or a gun.
You said yourself that you don't want to die right now as you feel "attached"... so wait, see if something changes, maybe you can get a rope or SN in a few months.

I know how you think now - "they don't understand that I don't have a choice".
But you still HAVE A CHOICE!
Don't lose that choice by trying a method that is a catastrophe from a mile away.

The best possible advice - just follow what most other people are doing.
And most are using SN or hanging... NOT ONE has recently even mentioned suffocation with a plastic bag with no inert gas involved.

Best of luck.
Oh my. Are you fucking serious? Screaming and banging? Hell nah, I'm not doing it then. It's such a shame though. I thought I'd be silent, or at least pretty quiet.

Hanging is such a risky method though. If I don't die I could end up paralyzed. Same with jumping. What a world... I can't live but I can't die either.

Also, SN? Do you mean sodium nitrite?

Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Well, I could try to obtain helium from somewhere. But it's going to have to be with my family's knowledge because they have access to my bank accounts (so they can see all payments) as well as my brother's, who's turning 30 next year. They're a bit protective, if you will. Or I could wait until they have to be away for more than 24 hours and do it without helium. No one's gonna hear my screaming if I'm all alone.

Upvote 0
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Oh my. Are you fucking serious? Screaming and banging? Hell nah, I'm not doing it then. It's such a shame though. I thought I'd be silent, or at least pretty quiet.

Hanging is such a risky method though. If I don't die I could end up paralyzed. Same with jumping. What a world... I can't live but I can't die either.

Also, SN? Do you mean sodium nitrite?

I'm sorry to point out your illusions, but I'm also glad if I helped you change your mind... not about CTB, but about the method.
SN is sodium nitrite, I also first heard about it on this site, it is the most widespread and easy method, but I for instance cannot get access to it.
So I have to stick with hanging... which is risky, as is every other method, there is no easy way to die... but with proper planning and execution, full suspension is 99% effective.

Don't settle for partial suspension, although it seems easier, but the damn SI always is a factor and most people never succeed.
Even in full suspension, if you watch some videos, there is a moment when all of them reach with their hands for the rope - that is the moment "oh fuck, I shouldn't have done this", but there is no way back. So, if you are REALLY serious about offing yourself, either full hanging or SN are the ways to go.

Helium, Nitrogen, Argon, and all the other inert gases - not easy to obtain, expensive, and also quite complicated procedures... you need a lot of stuff and skills to prepare.
SN is also the cheapest option, so purchasing it should raise less suspicion with your parents.
You may get more advises on buying it from other people here, and from various threads - maybe it's possible for the name of the product not to show on the bank receipt.

Upvote 0
anyhowstars

anyhowstars

Jan 25, 2023
I've tried it and, believe me, it's not great. No matter how much you wanna pull through, your SI will get you to breathe and no matter how good you think you secured your hands, you'd probably be able to free yourself because of that. Even a psychologist told me that it's very unlikely to die that way, instead of just trying to not make me do it, so... it's probably not worth it.

Also, about your worries regarding other CTB methods: nothing is guaranteed to work 100%, at least not to "common" things I guess. Other people probably know more about that though, I kinda can't help with that except for pointing out that everything bears a risk, whether it's the method itself failing, someone finding you before it's too late, or something else.

Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
Is it really that easy though? You need to make tons of preparations plus
I'm sorry to point out your illusions, but I'm also glad if I helped you change your mind... not about CTB, but about the method.
SN is sodium nitrite, I also first heard about it on this site, it is the most widespread and easy method, but I for instance cannot get access to it.
So I have to stick with hanging... which is risky, as is every other method, there is no easy way to die... but with proper planning and execution, full suspension is 99% effective.

Don't settle for partial suspension, although it seems easier, but the damn SI always is a factor and most people never succeed.
Even in full suspension, if you watch some videos, there is a moment when all of them reach with their hands for the rope - that is the moment "oh fuck, I shouldn't have done this", but there is no way back. So, if you are REALLY serious about offing yourself, either full hanging or SN are the ways to go.

Helium, Nitrogen, Argon, and all the other inert gases - not easy to obtain, expensive, and also quite complicated procedures... you need a lot of stuff and skills to prepare.
SN is also the cheapest option, so purchasing it should raise less suspicion with your parents.
You may get more advises on buying it from other people here, and from various threads - maybe it's possible for the name of the product not to show on the bank receipt.
Are you sure it's the easiest? You need to make tons of preparations for SN, too. Plus if I ingest it there's a significant risk of failure and I might wake up in my own vomit and feces. Idk what's gonna happen if I inhale it or take a bath in it. Or put it on my skin in general.
I've tried it and, believe me, it's not great. No matter how much you wanna pull through, your SI will get you to breathe and no matter how good you think you secured your hands, you'd probably be able to free yourself because of that. Even a psychologist told me that it's very unlikely to die that way, instead of just trying to not make me do it, so... it's probably not worth it.

Also, about your worries regarding other CTB methods: nothing is guaranteed to work 100%, at least not to "common" things I guess. Other people probably know more about that though, I kinda can't help with that except for pointing out that everything bears a risk, whether it's the method itself failing, someone finding you before it's too late, or something else.
So there is truly no way out. I'm a lost cause of a human. And I can't even kill myself.
Also my original post is from over 2 weeks ago, recently I've been feeling horrible and apathetic af. Don't really feel attached to life as much as I used to

Last edited:
Upvote 1
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
I'm gonna try to obtain helium within the next few months, and if I can't I'll just jump. I think. I hope I won't be unlucky enough to make it out alive.

Upvote 0
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
If you are going for helium make sure it's pure.

A lot of helium you can buy is mixed with oxygen and wont do shit to you other than give you a hilarious high voice.

Upvote 0
N

nature fan

Jan 15, 2023
If you are going for helium make sure it's pure.

A lot of helium you can buy is mixed with oxygen and wont do shit to you other than give you a hilarious high voice.
Yeah I already looked it up a few hours ago and managed to find a 1L bottle of pure helium. I'm gonna try to find bottles with more helium though. I did find one that's 15L, but I don't know if it's pure

Upvote 0