• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

FinalTime

Jun 30, 2018
I'm in the UK and looking to obtain a cylinder of Nitrogen. I'm in need of pointers at the moment, so could anyone recommend suppliers or flag up any technical things I should be looking out for (cylinder specifications, regulators etc.)? I have absolutely no technical expertise at all on this, so any help is appreciated.

F

FinalTime

Jun 30, 2018
Thanks for linking to the products, but I'm not 50+ years old so can't buy the Max Dog cylinder which requires photo ID to purchase.

According to the PPeH I should be filling an Exit Bag with Nitrogen at a rate of 15 litres/minute, but the gas-UK cylinder seems to have a capacity of only 20 litres, and I'm unsure about the capacity of the hobbyweld cylinder (product description says its water capacity is 9 litres?).

I've scanned through the resources, but there seems a lot to dig through to get specific info on nitrogen. Sorry if I'm being an idiot and missing something really obvious.

Reactions: anna
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Thanks for linking to the products, but I'm not 50+ years old so can't buy the Max Dog cylinder which requires photo ID to purchase.

According to the PPeH I should be filling an Exit Bag with Nitrogen at a rate of 15 litres/minute, but the gas-UK cylinder seems to have a capacity of only 20 litres, and I'm unsure about the capacity of the hobbyweld cylinder (product description says its water capacity is 9 litres?).

I've scanned through the resources, but there seems a lot to dig through to get specific info on nitrogen. Sorry if I'm being an idiot and missing something really obvious.

The hobbyworld tank is 1.32 cubic meters, which converts to 1320Litres of gas.

Reactions: FinalTime
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018

https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/?post_type=product&s=Nitrogen

"Nitrogen 9.4L 137bar – Refill only – for racing teams"

9.4 liter * 137 bar * 0.987 (1 bar=0.987 atmosphere) = 1271 liter of gas

F

FinalTime

Jun 30, 2018
Alright, much appreciated! I don't truly understand all the math to calculate the capacity of a gas cylinder so I'll really just have to go with what you posted.

I'll take a look around for a suitable regulator and tubing. Please do post if you have any recommendations on that as well. I hate to sound like I want others to do it for me, but honestly I've no clue about any technical specs I should be looking out for.

Reactions: forced2live
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Alright, much appreciated! I don't truly understand all the math to calculate the capacity of a gas cylinder so I'll really just have to go with what you posted.

I'll take a look around for a suitable regulator and tubing. Please do post if you have any recommendations on that as well. I hate to sound like I want others to do it for me, but honestly I've no clue about any technical specs I should be looking out for.
The PPH describes this method in exquisite detail. I recommend buying the e book. You need a regulator which will measure the amount of gas in the cylinder and also the flow rate.

Max dog sold to me and I am under 50. It's for beer brewing so no age or illness requirement to purchase.

Last edited:
F

FinalTime

Jun 30, 2018
The PPH describes this method in exquisite detail. I recommend buying the e book. You need a regulator which will measure the amount of gas in the cylinder and also the flow rate.

Max dog sold to me and I am under 50. It's for beer brewing so no age or illness requirement to purchase.

Thank you, I'll see if I can take a look through a version of the PPH. In regards to Max Dog, seems like they won't sell you a cylinder if you can't prove 50+ age, but there's no age requirement on their gas regulator page. I'm kind of in a quandary because when I search for something like gas regulator on google, I get terms like "37Mbar" in product names and don't know what any of it means. Maybe I'll just go with the Max Dog one.

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you, I'll see if I can take a look through a version of the PPH. In regards to Max Dog, seems like they won't sell you a cylinder if you can't prove 50+ age, but there's no age requirement on their gas regulator page. I'm kind of in a quandary because when I search for something like gas regulator on google, I get terms like "37Mbar" in product names and don't know what any of it means. Maybe I'll just go with the Max Dog one.
https://www.wtfarley.com/Nitrogen-Click-Style-Regulator-CGA-580

https://tri-anim.com/nitrogen-regulators-cga-580-group-29544-3710.aspx

Search on Google "click style regulator" or
"NR-580A15B1"

Last edited:
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
IMG 20180713 230540 "Max Dog" nitrogen regulator - 410$
NR-580A15B1 nitrogen regulator - 125$

Last edited:
F

FinalTime

Jun 30, 2018
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
[QUOTE = "FinalTime, post: 17853, участник: 1017"] Спасибо, к сожалению, есть заметка о регуляторе wtfarley, в котором говорится, что вы должны быть связаны с профессиональным медицинским учреждением или пивоваренной компанией, чтобы купить его. Однако предложение приветствуется. Похоже, я буду делать некоторые поиски медицинских регуляторов кликов. [/ QUOTE]

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Nitrogen-Regulator-3000-PSI-CGA580-Inlet-Connection-and-1-4-Inch-Male-Flare-/142749475927?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM .MBE% 26ao% 3D2% 26asc% 3D20150519202348% 26meid% 3D8e23bbde2a8c49b2bc558c8c5ff207fb% 26%% 3D100408% 26rk% 3D1% 26rkt% 3D1% 26sd% 3D173194233559% 26itm% 3D142749475927 & _trksid = p2056116.c100408.m2460 [ATTACH = full] 248 [/ ATTACH]
500 кПа (килопаскаль) = 15 литров за 1 минуту.

Attachments

• 7106Nz7K+0L._SL1500_.jpg
    7106Nz7K+0L._SL1500_.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: