Dissappointed

Dissappointed

Apr 4, 2022
Does anyone else here feel excluded from society? I feel that way, it's horrible, I always feel that way when I go out on the street. It's like I'm not enjoying my youth, I have no friends, no girlfriend, it's horrible. It gets worse when I log into any social network, from instagram to youtube. I feel horrible, I would like to know if anyone here feels the same way. Sorry for my english, im not fluent.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Huntfish34, rationaltake and 2 others
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Yeah, I think it's pretty normal if you're struggling or not enjoying life as much as you think you should be to feel excluded from those around you, especially when they seem so happy. I always try to remember that it isn't always what it seems and the people that seem the happiest are the ones who are most likely to be feeling the same, but it's definitely not easy. Also, your English is absolutely fine, don't worry :)

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Huntfish34 and rationaltake
intelcorei2duo

intelcorei2duo

Jan 13, 2023
I'm used to care about it in the past now it's not a big deal to me. Life is too tasteless to worry about that at least for the moment I've enough copes to keep myself numb to exclusion from society

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Huntfish34, Skathon and 1 other person
Dissappointed

Dissappointed

Apr 4, 2022
Yeah, I think it's pretty normal if you're struggling or not enjoying life as much as you think you should be to feel excluded from those around you, especially when they seem so happy. I always try to remember that it isn't always what it seems and the people that seem the happiest are the ones who are most likely to be feeling the same, but it's definitely not easy. Also, your English is absolutely fine, don't worry :)
Thanks for the words! Sometimes I need to talk to someone, because it helps me structure some things in my head.
I'm used to care about it in the past now it's not a big deal to me. Life is too tasteless to worry about that at least for the moment I've enough copes to keep myself numb to exclusion from society
It makes sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23 and MidnightDream
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Please feel free to talk to me at any time, dms are always open if you need a friend

• Love
Reactions: leaf23
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Your English is excellent. Yes, I did feel the same in my youth. I've always been pretty socially anxious to be honest. I suppose the only difference is now- I try all I can to NOT be a part of society! Lol. Plus- I agree- social media is one of the worst things for making you feel even more terrible. I tend to avoid it wherever possible.

I do feel deeply sorry for the younger generations. We (43+ year olds) grew up without the internet. It's a wonderful tool in some ways but I think it does so much damage in others.

I'm sorry. I hope one day, you will be able to find people you feel comfortable around. It might be at college or university that things become a little easier (in my experience.) Sometimes- having a common interest really helps in finding people you can relate to. I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23 and LONE WOLF.
H

hellgirlredux

Jan 16, 2023
I do but it was partially due to me choosing to isolate myself. I didn't want to get better and hated the constant pressure to recover even though I don't want to, I was on some subreddits and other forums where people told me I probably had npd and aspd and that I should stay away from people as much as possible until I got mostly better, but they all ignored the fact that I didn't want to. Long story short I tried to live in the wilderness with a small backpack full of supplies, got very distraught, slipped while walking down a steep mountainside, sprained my back and nearly went hypothermic, so I came back to the city, rented a small apartment and now i am housebound with very minimal people contact. I still feel guilty when I have to walk to the supermarket and be around people and I still feel like I'm not isolated enough as I supposedly should be. I tried to argue against what the people on Reddit said in my own mind and convince myself I don't need to be isolated and I can just live my life, unrecovered narc or otherwise but damn those guys make some good arguments. Even as I type this my conscience is asking me why I'm not in the wilderness again and I just have to face it, build a bush hut way off the track and live there and work on my character until I'm not toxic. Even though I'm scared, I don't want to, and I am only a beginner tramper. Even bear Grylls would probably struggle to live in the wilderness full time, but my conscience says yes, but you're still obligated to.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23 and Huntfish34
BoomBang101

BoomBang101

Professional Screwup
Jan 1, 2023
Yes, all the time. I wish I could have the carefree attitude others have... I derive too much self-worth from validation by people I guess

• Hugs
Reactions: Dissappointed, leaf23 and Huntfish34
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Yes,but that's because I deliberately distance myself from society because I don't like the world we live in now,l preferred it as it was 30/40yrs ago!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: leaf23, Huntfish34 and Nolan96
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I often feel like the accursed living dead. Most people would prefer me not to exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: leaf23
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I do feel excluded. Due to disability. I isolated myself years ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and leaf23