Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
this is a follow up post from the guns mega thread I made a few days ago:

I need some tips on how to keep a shotgun steady. Once I have the weapon in my hand how do I keep it perfectly still to make that sure fire shot.

Any helps from experienced gun users appreciated. Thank you.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say that don't anticipate the recoil or flinch before discharging because that alone would cause one to miss the shot and end up hitting somewhere they don't intend to hit! Also, if there is a place or object that the butt/stock of the long gun can rest or be pressed against, then that could help stabilize it.

Reactions: Iamtired
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Follow up
I would say that don't anticipate the recoil or flinch before discharging because that alone would cause one to miss the shot and end up hitting somewhere they don't intend to hit! Also, if there is a place or object that the butt/stock of the long gun can rest or be pressed against, then that could help stabilize it.

: would firing at point blank range actually heighten the chance of survival?

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I'm not an experienced gun user, so take this with a grain of salt. But most attempts I've seen with shotguns have been people squatting on the floor with the gun's stock firmly placed on the ground. I assume that keeping the stock grounded reduces the shaking and makes it easier to aim.