• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What should we do with members who share screenshots?

• Tolerate them.

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Warn them.

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Ban them.

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

RW__Asher23

Student
Dec 11, 2022
I know from past experience "ash" that this leads to media and other problems. Also maybe just because I am angry anyone would post this somewhere else regardless of their reasons for doing it'. Yes Ban them. Wish it could be made more private but until there is better way to join and make this truly private the way it is now anyone can come apply and get approved and see every post here. All we can do is hope they will not do these screenshots or copy paste etc. If they do BAN. But I have no suggestions myself. My days of working, doing the MOD job for sites ended many years ago. Yeah I used to do that. Wish you Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brave_it_Shiru
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Obviously people with this kind of mindset are at the wrong place and don't belong here. Don't think warning them will prevent anything.

ilikecats

ilikecats

-
Feb 15, 2023
Hello everyone.

I have a question. As some of you know, there are members of this community who take screenshots of entire threads from the suicide subforum and share them with other boards for laughs and entertainment. I have made this forum private, intentionally, with the goal to shield us from negative attention so these people are essentially bypassing my attempts to protect this community. And I want to know your opinion. Let's say we find out who some of these members are. What should we do with them?

I think taking screenshots of your posts without your consent and sharing them in other boards for the sake of entertainment is not only disrespectful, it also conflicts with the idea that this forum is supposed to be a safe space to talk about your most personal thought and struggles without judgement. They're essentially walking all over the principles of this community that makes it so great in the first place.

I'm curious to hear your responses and I would like to know what the community expects us to do in such case. Thanks.
You should warn them once and then ban

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
It depends on what screenshot they share. Personally, I believe such people should be warned once and if they still continue, they should be banned as they shouldn't be allowed on this site for breaching ofmembers' privacy.

Yuri Yurovich

Yuri Yurovich

just another sad guest on this dark earth
Jun 19, 2022
Hello everyone.

I have a question. As some of you know, there are members of this community who take screenshots of entire threads from the suicide subforum and share them with other boards for laughs and entertainment. I have made this forum private, intentionally, with the goal to shield us from negative attention so these people are essentially bypassing my attempts to protect this community. And I want to know your opinion. Let's say we find out who some of these members are. What should we do with them?

I think taking screenshots of your posts without your consent and sharing them in other boards for the sake of entertainment is not only disrespectful, it also conflicts with the idea that this forum is supposed to be a safe space to talk about your most personal thought and struggles without judgement. They're essentially walking all over the principles of this community that makes it so great in the first place.

I'm curious to hear your responses and I would like to know what the community expects us to do in such case. Thanks.
If we can assume it is not an innocent mistake and they know about the rule, yes, they should be banned.

Reactions: FacePALM
FacePALM

FacePALM

Problem not person
Sep 10, 2022
Anyone know where this stuff is being posted I'd like to yell at these morons. I vote for banning them if that matters.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers
car

car

Mar 28, 2023
my favorite thing about this website is that it's protected and has its own rules whereas socials like Reddit don't allow these types of conversations

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers
Wonderly

Wonderly

Wonders....
Mar 28, 2023
SInce users aren't gonna do better, it's the best to ban them because most who do this are trolls and they won't stop because they don't have a sense of a brain tbh and they are kinda like robots, because they won't stop doing this until you ip ban them.

NGenIronFist

NGenIronFist

Apr 9, 2023
It's only ethical to permanently ban them. Even if their intentions wasn't to cause harm, the fact that they are invading the member's privacy still remains. This forum is supposed to be place where members can say whatever is on their mind without judgement. No hard feelings.

H

HeyWatchThis

Dec 20, 2022
If you're expressing feelings of possibly "hurting" yourself, it could be used against you and you may be institutionalized. Happened to me via angry drunken email to ex 🥴

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I think the normal response should be to ban them permanently. However, there might be instances where posting screenshots elsewhere was clearly not intended to be malicious, and is not likely to result in much harm. In such cases, a warning would be more appropriate.

RandomTuesday

RandomTuesday

Apr 13, 2023
If they're doing it for "laughs and entertainment" I think a ban is fair. That's pretty gross behavior and I doubt they're contributing anything worthwhile here.

A few people have mentioned how it's a privacy issue. I don't assume privacy here or anywhere online. I do, of course, try to remain anonymous by not posting anything too specific. I access the site via Tor browser so no one in my house will find out I post here. I respect everyone's privacy, but I don't assume this is a private place.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Cut out their tongue, their eyes, and their fingers. Problem solved 🤷‍♂️
Jokes aside I'll stand with the community and say, yes a ban is necessary

RhapsodyinBerserk

RhapsodyinBerserk

Death in Reverse
Apr 11, 2023
I think a "one strike you're out" approach works well. One warning, then if they don't listen, they get banned. That way they clearly have an attempt to get their act together.

Reactions: luminiby
luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
There's absolutely no reason to be screenshotting anything that's supposed to be between you and who you're talking to. Even if it's a public forum, everyone is under an alias for a reason. I see it as a breach of privacy taking screenshots intended to harm said people and after following up their reason or true intentions, they deserve a ban immediately. If it's harmless and doesn't hurt anyone involved and the screenshots for personal use, then I also agree with the strikes/warnings because there's already a place for them to save threads. Either way, banning them any type of way is the right answer

TL;DR: banning seems like the most effective choice to keep ss users safe in the one community they are accepted in with no judgement. Taking screenshots regardless of intentions jeopardizes that for them

enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
Take it on a case by case basis

Screenshotting and sharing just to bully SS members = instaban

Screenshotting for some kind of constructive purpose = probably just allow it

Anything in between = warning I guess

awen

awen

Paragon
Apr 1, 2023
If they do really have ill intentions, they should be banned. Because especially in sensitive topics being exposed without your own will hurts.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
B

Brave_it_Shiru

I am not "safe" babe
Mar 6, 2023
Hello everyone.

Outright ban!

It is very unfair that there are people who stalk others to that level. I saw those post and I shivered at the level of bullying that those people were willing to do. Hugs and love to the community members who bore the brunt of it all....sigh..!

I have never seen such cruelty so openly done and they even BRAG about it???? They used their strength in evil ways, KNOWINGLY pushing people to the edge of cbt.

Do you think you can choose for others by withholding knowledge?
Does the choice cease to exist?

I am disgusted that they knowingly made the world so unbearable for our community.

Through their posts I was able to picture the people that are echoed through many painfilled posts. They became that parent, that family member, that "friend"...that final push that most of us want for cbt.

Do they really have no idea that they are poking at people that are mostly dead?

You cruel stalkers and bullies! Are we in your way? Is this site the reason why you are unloved? If this site is pulled down will your voice cease to be so faint? Have you received the clicks you needed to give you purpose? Does your mother love your father now? Or is this site the 14th reason why?

What was the point to all what you did? I get the purpose for the antagonists in a story but yoooooohh...

For taking up that role,
May your smiles be as big when you push those stools off.
May the ghosts of those that could not rest, haunt you.
May the veggy-body counts keep you warm at night.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
I'm also confused by this.

Also, I vote immediate ban. It's quite clear that the individuals sharing our conversations (with the intent to belittle and taunt us) don't have any of our best interests in mind.
I agree.

Just seeing those posts made me feel possssssessssed.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Cut out their tongue, their eyes, and their fingers. Problem solved 🤷‍♂️
Jokes aside I'll stand with the community and say, yes a ban is necessary
in summary...🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was saying this.
💯
Yes, its a major violation of privacy. This is one of the best things about the forum I've always loved. The fact that it is really a private place from the rest of the world to talk to, hear from and converse with the rare very, very few people who, unfortunately can understand my feelings pain and suffering, etc.. because they are also suffering so badly as well. I feel like its completely disgusting to take a screen shot of such a special, private place... and then worse share it for malicious reasons, oh fuck no.. I would be really upset & think that it is a very serious offense.
Exactly.

Last edited:
C

ChildofGod1976

Apr 14, 2023
I joined this site so that I could discuss a very private matter with the confidence that it would not be shared anywhere else. If someone is violating that trust, we should give serious thought to terminating their account. I want to be safe here.

tatteredbone

tatteredbone

Humans come one step closer to self destruction.
Mar 26, 2023
IP ban for repeat offenders for sure, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say;

I use this site as a way to speak about what would be deemed "crazy" or "psycho" by those close to me in life Or could lead to me being hospitalised when it comes to IRLs. I hate the idea of someone I know somehow connecting the dots from seeing a screenshot, or that happening to anyone else here. Even if we arent directly confronted about our activities here, I think its safe to say the paranoia of someone possibly knowing would be painful and immense.

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
This should definitely be banned. Huge violation of privacy

HarmonicScreams

HarmonicScreams

They/them
Apr 30, 2023
I think members that do this kind of thing should be banned and I don't see a need to give them a warning either. I also think that usernames and profile pictures should be anonymized to users who have not made an account; although, I have no kind of idea if that kind'of thing is possible. Another idea would be to make posts inaccessible to non members.
However, it's always going to be possible that one of these people make inauthentic accounts to take screenshots. Ultimately that kind of thing isn't preventable, so we should encourage people to use good privacy protection practices. Don't share any information which can identify you.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I try to be kind and nice to everyone, BUT on a issue like this, they deserve nothing less than a total forever ban. So damn mean and nasty, just despicable.

Walter

Artictart

Artictart

Tired
May 6, 2023
Although it may sound like a lot, a ban is the best option.
This is a safe space and that just seems like a huge violation of privacy.

Reactions: Endex
Krystal

Krystal

May 6, 2023
I think it mainly depends on the intent, and every user should know that sharing screenshots publicly for the purpose of entertainment is probably not a good idea.
I can understand people sharing their own screenshots, or sharing other people's screenshots about methods for the purpose of distributing information, and I think it is alright in this aspect, but when done to make fun of any people involved, it should be an instant ban because the person that shared it knew exactly what they were doing. They aren't here to CTB or to understand pro-choice viewpoints to life better, they are only here to make fun of those that take the forum seriously, and so these people don't deserve to be on the forum.

Reactions: $crim and Endex