• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

appleman543

Apr 5, 2024
Hello All,

The means of CTB that I'm debating is using a Smith & Wesson Model 642 Revolver. It is the only firearm I have access to. I have attached a link to the type of gun that is. https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/j-frame-163810. From the "Firearms Megathread," I read that a bullet caliber of at least ".38 special" is recommended for CTB attempts. Well the revolver I have shoots a slightly different ammo called "38 S&W Special," which seems specific to this type of S&W gun. I have attached another article comparing a "38 S&W special vs 38 special." https://americangunfacts.com/38-sw-vs-38-special/

One of the main differences seems to be that the 38 S&W is slightly larger and slower? Is this bullet sufficient for CTB if I aim for the brainstem? I want there to be a very minimal risk of survival. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
It's not clear if that's a "38 special' or a "38 Smith and Wesson" I don't know what a "38 Smith & Wesson Special" is. It would probably be close enough, in any event, to do the job. Aiming would be the most critical thing I would think. But I'm no expert. 🤔. I do know that firearm suicides are about 83% successful, and is the method used most often for men (55%) in the United States. I suspect many of the failures are due to not aiming the device properly, or malfunction of the gun, or trying to do it with something like a .22.

Take the gun to a shooting range (or out in the country where it's legal) and get used to it and see how it feels. While there, I would think you could get info from knowledgeable others on the ammo - if it's similar to those others.

And this part gets kind of gory, but the type of bullet is probably important, if it's designed to pierce, or alternatively, splinter or spread out, when it enters the tissue. Probably want to leave as big a hole as possible (yuch). But again I'm no "suicide by gun" expert. 🤷‍♂️

IMHO, not my personal choice, but if you proceed be mindful of your surroundings so no one gets hurt, and perhaps away from anyone that might find you before you "bleed out" if it takes that long.

So my advice in summary is to proceed with caution.

Reactions: appleman543
Upvote 0
A

appleman543

Apr 5, 2024
It's not clear if that's a "38 special' or a "38 Smith and Wesson" I don't know what a "38 Smith & Wesson Special" is. It would probably be close enough, in any event, to do the job. Aiming would be the most critical thing I would think. But I'm no expert. 🤔. I do know that firearm suicides are about 83% successful, and is the method used most often for men (55%) in the United States. I suspect many of the failures are due to not aiming the device properly, or malfunction of the gun, or trying to do it with something like a .22.

Take the gun to a shooting range (or out in the country where it's legal) and get used to it and see how it feels. While there, I would think you could get info from knowledgeable others on the ammo - if it's similar to those others.

And this part gets kind of gory, but the type of bullet is probably important, if it's designed to pierce, or alternatively, splinter or spread out, when it enters the tissue. Probably want to leave as big a hole as possible (yuch). But again I'm no "suicide by gun" expert. 🤷‍♂️

IMHO, not my personal choice, but if you proceed be mindful of your surroundings so no one gets hurt, and perhaps away from anyone that might find you before you "bleed out" if it takes that long.

So my advice in summary is to proceed with caution.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I'll have to find a way to covertly bring it to a gun range, it's in a safe in my parents' room that I know the combination to. And yeah I agree I need to learn about this kind of ammo to see the effect it has. Another thing I have to consider is that the ammo is likely 40+ years old. It was originally my grandmother's gun, though I doubt she ever used it. I've read that ammo can last a long time if stored correctly, but I might have to get new ammo to be safe.

Another thought I had was to make sure I die, is to shoot myself in the femoral artery first, then shoot myself in the head. That way, if I somehow survive the headshot, I would bleed out from the leg. I've never heard of anyone doing this, so it might just be a stupid idea. And I'm sure the shot to the leg would hurt like a mofo. Alas, I have some more planning to do.

Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I have no experience with shooting myself in the leg. 😬, but you do appear to be giving this much thought. If you got that far, and were then in extreme pain, you might be unable to do the rest of it. Needless to say, I would not suggest a trial run on the shooting-yourself-in-the-leg part!
I agree on the ammo, you don't want to mess around with 40-year-old ammo. If it goes off with just a "fizzle" instead of a bang you would be sorry. (And if test rounds seem fine, there's always a chance for a dud). New ammo and quality ammo (not second-hand from the guy who puts it together in his basement).

Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Full disclosure, I have a couple of "pieces" that would certainly do the job. If you've never shot a gun, especially a pistol, you're in for a surprise. The noise and power is scary and exhilarating at the same time. Seeing it on TV or movies is not the same. I've gotten as close as putting an empty pistol to my head and imagining the scenario, but never able to even pull the trigger as a test (even when I was certain there was no round in the chamber). You really have to be committed with this method, there's really no middle ground. At least if you ingest something (other than cyanide, I think that's a done deal) there's a certain amount of time when you could get help if you had second thoughts.

Reactions: appleman543
Upvote 0