warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
Guys, I would like to know your opinion. Is there a justification for our motives and actions towards our family and friends? I definitely know that I will kill myself in the near future and all that is stopping me is only family and friends. Fortunately, my friends have a similar condition and therefore will understand my choice. But my family is definitely not ready to see their brother, son, grandson hanging on the horizontal bar. They absolutely do not understand my condition and have never tried to understand (and are unlikely to ever understand), but this does not make them bad people, for example: if I were blind, I would never understand what the color "green" means. I hope this allegory is appropriate.

I know that I am living the last weeks of my life and would like to ask you a question: does suicide as a consequence of long-term severe depression have a right to exist?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I fell in love with you all at first sight!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
no body is responsible for you living. if you choose to ctb that's your choice and nobody really has the right to stop you. i understand your distress though about putting this pain on other's. it can feel like a big thing, and i hate it when people say "oh well your dead so you won't know/care", because nobody truly knows that.
and i feel like the answer to your question is yes. you have a right to commit suicide at any time. but if you've been considering it for a long time, and thinking about it, and you truly belive that this is how you will be suited best. then i believe it is okay.
i hope you can find some peace <3

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and warm dreams
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
"ну ладно, ты мертв, чтобы тебе было все равно"
To be honest, I tried to instill this idea in myself. I really tried. I will never know what my loved ones will experience after I kill myself. But despite my attempts to inculcate this belief, I still stopped when I tried to kill myself, because the picture of my suffering parents floated before my eyes. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to leave my family because they are very codependent.

Thank you so much for your opinion and support! I appreciate this one!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
thefinalcut

thefinalcut

Invisible
Nov 6, 2023
It's all about me at this point. I don't care. I am beyond weary. My mother loves pity, and she will be showered with endless amounts of it, so she'll be in a good place.

Reactions: warm dreams
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
It's all about me at this point. I don't care. I am beyond weary. My mother loves pity, and she will be showered with endless amounts of it, so she'll be in a good place.
Thanks for your reply. I hope you find peace.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No matter what we all have a right to cease existing on our own terms and aren't obligated to continue until we die anyway. I don't understand why we should have to suffer ultimately because other people were selfish enough to procreate in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

Those who procreate are those who impose death onto other people in the first place as well, as we are all just going to die anyway. If people are so against death and see it as the worst thing possible then I don't get why they force life here at all. But anyway suicide is a personal decision and it's not something for other people to have a say in, it's up to the individual.

• Love
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
No matter what we all have a right to cease existing on our own terms and aren't obligated to continue until we die anyway. I don't understand why we should have to suffer ultimately because other people were selfish enough to procreate in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

Those who procreate are those who impose death onto other people in the first place as well, as we are all just going to die anyway. If people are so against death and see it as the worst thing possible then I don't get why they force life here at all. But anyway suicide is a personal decision and it's not something for other people to have a say in, it's up to the individual.
Thank you for your answer and opinion. I hope we all find what we are looking for.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
To be honest, I tried to instill this idea in myself. I really tried. I will never know what my loved ones will experience after I kill myself. But despite my attempts to inculcate this belief, I still stopped when I tried to kill myself, because the picture of my suffering parents floated before my eyes. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to leave my family because they are very codependent.

Thank you so much for your opinion and support! I appreciate this one!
okay so i think there was a bit of a miscommunication. I was talking about how we DON'T know if that's true. there is a possibility we will still see our loved ones suffer when we leave them behind, so i hate when people say we wont. this is because we truly won't know until we die.
i was just talking about how it's your choice either way, so no one should stop you if you really think suicide is right for you. just be 100% sure.

• Hugs
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
okay so i think there was a bit of a miscommunication. I was talking about how we DON'T know if that's true. there is a possibility we will still see our loved ones suffer when we leave them behind, so i hate when people say we wont. this is because we truly won't know until we die.
i was just talking about how it's your choice either way, so no one should stop you if you really think suicide is right for you. just be 100% sure.
My bad... I just now realized what you mean. Yes, there is logic in this.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye