• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Suppose I was going through benzo withdrawal (I think I might be, I dunno). Anyone know anything about how long this lasts, generally?

T

tarina

Jul 27, 2018
Mecha Man I recommend joining the Benzo withdrawal groups on facebock

Reactions: Thalassa
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
Ive met a few people here in withdrawal, myself being one of them. It depends on long you were taking and how much. What symptoms are you experiencing?
I've been dealing with this shit for years now, so happy to provide any insight that I can.

Reactions: shadow11
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Nothing major. I've also been drinking a lot recently, so it could be that too. I basically just get nervous spells where, well... I'm just nervous for no apparent reason. And I want to have a drink or something to make it go away, but I feel like in the long run that will just make it worse.

Reactions: lv-gras
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
When was the last time you had any benzos?
How long did you take them for?
Also drinking will stop any healing in its tracks and has the potential to make things worse.

Reactions: Mari and lv-gras
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
I had benzos two or three days ago. I always take like 50 mg at a time (extremely high tolerance)

edit: No... yesterday or the day before my brother gave me a Xanax. I just remembered

edit 2: No, it was definitely the day before. Yesterday I didn't take anything.

BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
Okay so 2 or 3 days would be enough time for symptoms to start, however with valium having such a long half life it may be another couple of days till they fully kick in.
1. Don't drink. This the like the ultimate main rule of benzo recovery/withdrawal.
It acts on the the same part of the brain, so many people that have had a tough time withdrawals have had a drink and been thrown back in to the pits of hell.
2. I don't know what your usage is like but if you keep starting and stopping benzos you get what they call the kindling effect.
It takes time for your brain to heal from the changes that benzos cause. When you keep restarting them it doesn't give your brain time to to heal.
Imagine it as a bonfire. A bed of coals is your normal brain state. Now add some wood to the fire, (taking benzos) fire begins, if you don't add anymore wood (take anymore benzos) then it will go back down to coals, but keep adding wood and the fire grows, never going back to its normal bed of coals state. You have to let the fire burn out (allow the benzos to leave your body) the more times you take benzos more the harder it is for your brain to reach its normal state.
See how you get on in the next few days, hopefully you won't get hit with the extreme symptoms. Drinking is just adding fuel to fire.
Hope that all makes sense. Feel free to pm me if you got anymore questions :)

Reactions: Mari, ScaredOfLife and lv-gras
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Okay so 2 or 3 days would be enough time for symptoms to start, however with valium having such a long half life it may be another couple of days till they fully kick in.
1. Don't drink. This the like the ultimate main rule of benzo recovery/withdrawal.
It acts on the the same part of the brain, so many people that have had a tough time withdrawals have had a drink and been thrown back in to the pits of hell.
2. I don't know what your usage is like but if you keep starting and stopping benzos you get what they call the kindling effect.
It takes time for your brain to heal from the changes that benzos cause. When you keep restarting them it doesn't give your brain time to to heal.
Imagine it as a bonfire. A bed of coals is your normal brain state. Now add some wood to the fire, (taking benzos) fire begins, if you don't add anymore wood (take anymore benzos) then it will go back down to coals, but keep adding wood and the fire grows, never going back to its normal bed of coals state. You have to let the fire burn out (allow the benzos to leave your body) the more times you take benzos more the harder it is for your brain to reach its normal state.
See how you get on in the next few days, hopefully you won't get hit with the extreme symptoms. Drinking is just adding fuel to fire.

Thanks a lot. I was thinking about drinking just now but I will not do it. I'll just deal with it.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
They have put me on klonopin 3 times is my brain ruined or will I ever heal from this stuff. I didn't know it would do that to you

I

InsidiousDormouse

Jul 3, 2018
They have put me on klonopin 3 times is my brain ruined or will I ever heal from this stuff. I didn't know it would do that to you
DON'T TAKE IT. (If you have not started already, if you have, then it's your choice entirely about staying on it).

That's one of the WORST Benzos ever, lots of people are having an awful time with Klonopin. That doctor needs striking off for telling you to take that shit three times a day. If you do take it, then yes, your life will pretty much be over.

Reactions: Tiburcio
I

InsidiousDormouse

Jul 3, 2018
It can be up to a week for withdrawal from a benzo with a long half life, such as Valium, to truly begin.

I am here because I was forced to go cold turkey from a dose of one of the 'research chemical' ones called 'Diclazepam' that was equivalent to over 800mg of Valium a DAY.

It's mainly my physical health that's driven me to this point, I have no life left to live now. My body is decaying, I am so tired now, feels like I am dragging my weak limbs where ever I go. I used to be an active, fun loving person, then this.

I was forced to stop by a new law and reckless doctor back in September 2016, almost two years ago, and I am no better. If anything, I am getting worse.

It has no pattern or time frame, some people can suffer for six weeks and be fine, others can suffer for years with no end in sight.

Also do not just stop taking it, you run the risk of a seizure and landing up brain damaged. Don't let anyone tell you this is safe to do. I do not know how I avoided a seizure. I wish I had had a huge seizure, then they would not have been able to leave me with no medical support.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
DON'T TAKE IT. (If you have not started already, if you have, then it's your choice entirely about staying on it).

That's one of the WORST Benzos ever, lots of people are having an awful time with Klonopin. That doctor needs striking off for telling you to take that shit three times a day. If you do take it, then yes, your life will pretty much be over.
I need help getting off it I take 1.5 mg a day cause my panic attacks are so bad. This is the 3rd time they have put me on it. I didn't know how bad it was until recently

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
It can be up to a week for withdrawal from a benzo with a long half life, such as Valium, to truly begin.

I am here because I was forced to go cold turkey from a dose of one of the 'research chemical' ones called 'Diclazepam' that was equivalent to over 800mg of Valium a DAY.

It's mainly my physical health that's driven me to this point, I have no life left to live now. My body is decaying, I am so tired now, feels like I am dragging my weak limbs where ever I go. I used to be an active, fun loving person, then this.

I was forced to stop by a new law and reckless doctor back in September 2016, almost two years ago, and I am no better. If anything, I am getting worse.

It has no pattern or time frame, some people can suffer for six weeks and be fine, others can suffer for years with no end in sight.

Also do not just stop taking it, you run the risk of a seizure and landing up brain damaged. Don't let anyone tell you this is safe to do. I do not know how I avoided a seizure. I wish I had had a huge seizure, then they would not have been able to leave me with no medical support.
I feel so bad already barely can get off couch now just to eat cant get out of my house cause I'm so scared

L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
You need to taper down. Cold turkey is a terrible idea

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
I feel so bad already barely can get off couch now just to eat cant get out of my house cause I'm so scared
Sounds like you haven't stabilised. It's very possible your in withdrawal even though your taking them. You need to ask your doctor to put on something else and stabilise (as in feeling alright) valium is the go to when tapering. You take the equivalent amount and then start tapering.