MissingThyme

MissingThyme

Nov 26, 2022
I know this sounds weird, but one of the biggest issues I have/have is feeling motivated enough to brush my teeth. So I'd been trying something and my dentist said it was working well, and I figured I'd share it.

After you eat, or drink something sugary, use fluoride mouthwash. NOT Listerine. Listerine will just dry out your mouth and does nothing for the enamel. But fluoride mouthwash does both a rinse, with the swishing, and strengthens your teethl. It's more expensive, but that's because it actually does something useful. It's particularly good with brushing but, if you're in a stretch where you can't get up or summon the energy, just keeping a bottle of fluoride mouthwash somewhere even by your bedside might come in handy.

I hope this helps people, I know it seems like a small thing but oral health is one of the things that really goes to absolute hell with bad depression and has lasting negative consequence. You're awesome for making it to today and being here to read this, and I wish y'all a successful recovery.

Reactions: notwhereIbelong, hopelesswanderer and James Sunderland
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
Hey, good on you for sharing this! It's such an important tip, and I'm glad you found something that works for you. And yeah, definitely be careful not to swallow it, fluoride can do wonders for your teeth, but it's no friend to your stomach.

Keep it up, everyone!

Reactions: MissingThyme
H

hopelesswanderer

Oct 12, 2023
this is helpful! Thank you. I'll pick up a bottle tmrw. I can't bring myself to brush my teeth at night. I only do it when my girlfriends over or else she'll yell at me lol.

• Hugs
twolegs

twolegs

twoarms
Sep 17, 2024
I can't remember what they're called but there's also these lollipops that alter the PH in your mouth to prevent cavities, they're marketed to children but I'm sure they'd work for adults as well. I've been meaning to buy some because I also struggle with brushing my teeth, thx for the advice :)

• Informative
MissingThyme

MissingThyme

Nov 26, 2022
Something I should have added to my initial post but didn't, so will put it here; this is also a good idea if you drink a lot of fizzy water. The carbonation still makes it acidic, albeit not as badly as soda, but still. Worth shoring up your enamel anyway.