FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It does seem like people who support animal euthanasia are always like 'its for the best, it would be cruel to keep the animal alive', yet they would unfairly expect humans to suffer until they die from old age. Euthanasia should be available for us all, as suicide could never be wrong, all life is pointless and unnecessary and there are no disadvantages to being dead, it removes all problems and suffering. I see no point to enduring this life when instead I could be peacefully not existing.

Reactions: geogaddi and Euthanza
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
They don't when they make money... Ever seen Blackfish? (2013 documentary film). Mainly focuses on the killer whale Tilikum at Seaworld. Killed 3 people- 2 trainers and a guest. Poor thing had a miserable life. The film is utterly heart breaking:

'Experts diagnose that SeaWorld's infamous killer orca Tilikum had psychotic rages during its 30 years in captivity.'

Once the final trainer had been killed, they finally stopped trainers going in the water with him. He would just lie there motionless for hours in a tiny holding pen, then be dragged out at the finale of a show. Rather than just release him into an outside pen to live out the rest of his retirement, they decided to breed from him. Poor thing finally died in 2017 in captivity. Must have had a dreadful life.

Thank God, they have finally announced that they will stop the breeding programmes and phase out the orca shows.

Honestly, it's a brilliant film- if you can bear the sadness. It is quite unbelievable what a cruel race we are. Yes, we do sometimes show animals mercy but not if we can make a profit out of them.

Still- I agree with your sentiment. We put down our pets because we don't want them to suffer. I agree- it's all messed up.

• Aww..
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, rationaltake, Tired Nacho II and 1 other person
S

Sky66

Dec 15, 2021
They don't when they make money... Ever seen Blackfish? (2013 documentary film). Mainly focuses on the killer whale Tilikum at Seaworld. Killed 3 people- 2 trainers and a guest. Poor thing had a miserable life. The film is utterly heart breaking:

'Experts diagnose that SeaWorld's infamous killer orca Tilikum had psychotic rages during its 30 years in captivity.'

Once the final trainer had been killed, they finally stopped trainers going in the water with him. He would just lie there motionless for hours in a tiny holding pen, then be dragged out at the finale of a show. Rather than just release him into an outside pen to live out the rest of his retirement, they decided to breed from him. Poor thing finally died in 2017 in captivity. Must have had a dreadful life.

Thank God, they have finally announced that they will stop the breeding programmes and phase out the orca shows.

Honestly, it's a brilliant film- if you can bear the sadness. It is quite unbelievable what a cruel race we are. Yes, we do sometimes show animals mercy but not if we can make a profit out of them.

Still- I agree with your sentiment. We put down our pets because we don't want them to suffer. I agree- it's all messed up.
That film was a turning point in my way of thinking. I'm disgusted by mankind about the feeling of superiority towards animals.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Euthanza
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I'm disgusted by mankind about the feeling of superiority towards animals.
It's not a feeling. We are superior to every other life form on this planet. But just because we are superior, doesn't mean we need to be cruel to or wasteful of animals - quite the opposite - we should respect all life.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023

I've never been able to bring myself to watch it as I know it would break my heart

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep