Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
27 year old Dan Crews had been quadriplegic since he was 3 years old, he asked for the right to die and was denied due to "depression". I cannot imagine how miserable and powerless he must have felt. The psychiatrists and other doctors in the article should live as he did for a time, let's how depressed they would be.

Dan Crews has since found peace, after over 10 years of begging to die.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, GasMonkey, BeautifulMosaics and 33 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Humans are cruel species.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, BeautifulMosaics, settheory and 28 others
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I'm glad he finally found peace, but he shouldn't have had to wait that long. What they did was downright sadistic.

Reactions: lachrymost, GasMonkey, Bullit and 20 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Makes me foam at the mouth seeing stories like this. :angry: And who wouldn't be depressed with a "life" like that, if you can even call it a life.

Glad he's found peace now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, gtrfvr and 13 others
disabledsuicidegirl

disabledsuicidegirl

Mar 3, 2021
I'm a paraplegic and it's hard. If I become a quad just shoot me. I've also been paralyzed since age 3

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, AintNoWayOut, Bullit and 20 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It's sickening how we keep truly hopeless people alive against their will just to maintain a false narrative and to make the hospitals more money. It makes me so mad the hypocrisy of human nature.

• Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, ihatemylife, Meditation guide and 16 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
This is why I have a huge problem with the way depression is treated in society. Even if someone has a logical and rational reason to be "depressed," they're ruled as insane and incompetent and not able to make their own decisions. Not to mention one of the main motives to denying the right to die is money.. It's a disgusting world we live in.

I can't imagine how much suffering he was in. I'm glad he's at peace.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, ihatemylife, AintNoWayOut and 15 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Society should talk a lot about DEATH. Really. I don't know why people are so afraid of that, it's a natural process in the end...
Maybe that's because we live in societies where mortality rate is very low...
And fuck pro-lifers, suicide should be BANALISED indeed.

Maybe it'll take a few generations, idk. When millennials reach 60.
And fuck natalist policies which encourage large families via subventions.

RIP my dude

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, ihatemylife, ConfusedAndWeird and 10 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Denied right to die for quadriplegic man? That's torture. World can be cruel sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, BeautifulMosaics, Meditation guide and 10 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
This is why I have a huge problem with the way depression is treated in society. Even if someone has a logical and rational reason to be "depressed," they're ruled as insane and incompetent and not able to make their own decisions. Not to mention one of the main motives to denying the right to die is money..
Less people on earth = higher wages (you can verify that with the thirty years' war or WW2)
As soon as population growth stops, wages will increase. I don't know if it's what you meant.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
All of these laws are based on subjective unverified beliefs . If people just had more compassion and respect for consent and bodily autonomy, this wouldn't be an issue. It's disturbing that a person's right to their own body should be questioned.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, pthnrdnojvsc, settheory and 12 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
He had depression, yes, but this does not mean that it was the mental disorder which made him suicidal. It is possible that he became depressed in response to being denied the wish to die, and not the other way around.

Reactions: MagentaScorpio and FuneralCry
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
This is abuse, how can people not see it?

• Love
Reactions: lachrymost, cytokinestorm, BeautifulMosaics and 9 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
This is abuse, how can people not see it?
2000 years or so of religious brainwashing and fearmongering

FUCK RELIGION, FUCK PRO-LIFERS.

I hope the fixthe26 lurkers has a rude awakening with the realization that not all lives are worth it.

• Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, ihatemylife, settheory and 11 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
What I fear most is that hospitals have the ability to deny your living will directions or even POA. Hospitals have too much power and the first time at the psych ward, I had voluntarily admitted myself because I didn't want to be Baker Acted. Nope, hospital admins changed the form to Baker Act so I got that on my record. Fuck hospitals, and fuck hospital directors that play God.

Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, FuneralCry and 2 others
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Nobody should be forced to live against their will. Conversely nobody should be forced to die against their will. Everybody should mind their own business and boundaries.

Reactions: cytokinestorm, FredTheCripple, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
J

Jojogu

Feb 2, 2021
Maybe he should just stop paying the hospital, then they'd soon change their tune!

• Love
Reactions: cytokinestorm, BeautifulMosaics, ihatemylife and 6 others
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
It should about quality of life from the individuals point of view. I work a lot in animal care and if an animal shows signs of not having a quality of life we put them down. Why is it not the same for humans?! It's not any different and we all die in the end anyway. It's cruel.
Society is so obessed with quantity over quality. Death is not bad it comes for us all, one way or another.

Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird, Bauhaus, diyCTB and 8 others
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
If people who want to die are depressed and can't make the decision to die, then it's only logical that people who like living are manic and can't make the decision to live.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird, Bauhaus, demuic and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't get how people think suicide is worse than suffering. I do think those types of people haven't suffered enough themselves so they don't get it. It should be a basic human right to be able to have a dignified death. His depression is a rational response to his situation. In this case the want to die is certainly rational. People would want to put their pets out of their misery.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Bauhaus, the_final_countdown and 7 others
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
2000 years or so of religious brainwashing and fearmongering

FUCK RELIGION, FUCK PRO-LIFERS.

I hope the fixthe26 lurkers has a rude awakening with the realization that not all lives are worth it.
You're assuming bureaucrats have a religion outside of bending over for a paycheck. Obedience to baseless rules has been around far longer than 2000 years.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, pthnrdnojvsc, deleted and 2 others
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
I feel so sorry for him. Nobody deserves such fate in life :( If I could , I would help him to die

• Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, ConfusedAndWeird, Bauhaus and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Denied right to die for quadriplegic man? That's torture. World can be cruel sometimes.

If someone like this is denied what chance do people like me have? It is pretty clear that euthanasia will never be fully legalized.

Too many bureaucratic mazes that you have to navigate only to be denied.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Greenberg, All Things Must Pass and 2 others
Ameya

Ameya

A nobody
Mar 22, 2021
Stories like this make my blood boil. Forcing a human to keep suffering seeing obviously their condition makes them suffer, but not enough to kill them. Keeping a person alive against their will is beyond creepy and fucked up. Someone is taking control over your own body by keeping it alive.
Many say suicide is selfish, but isn't keeping someone in suffering too?
The only reason I can imagine society keeping people in a similar situation alive is either for capital, thier own guilt or showing how "caring" they are. Considering that.
I hope dan found peace after his almost endless battle with suffering.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Bauhaus, demuic and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't believe people are forced to live like this...
I just don't understand this nonsense world.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, ConfusedAndWeird, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
EndlesslySuffering

EndlesslySuffering

May 10, 2021
Hi there everyone. I'm really new.

I don't think it's right to force a person to continue a life that they consider full of suffering and pain. The thought occurs, "Why?" If there is no means to make the person in peril stop hurting, then logically it seems unbearably cruel to leave them in a prison of their torment without respite.

Of course, the government- as we see here, seems to disagree.

Reactions: ScaredToLive, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, DarkWolf and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
One of the comments on the original news article says, "Human spirit can only be so strong."

Why can't the pro-lifer crew imprint this simple fact into their brains? There are some tragedies in life that cannot be recovered from, there are fates worse than death, circumstances that will have you begging on your knees for a modicum of relief- solace that this life will forever refuse you.

There is only so much a person can take before they start thinking of suicide. Everyone's limitations will be different, but I can guarentee many of those who seek to deprive the suffering masses of our bodily autonomy would not last a day in the shoes of a man as resilient as Dan Crews.

May he rest in peace. Those doctors and hospital administrators should be ashamed of themselves for the agony they have inflicted on this poor soul, when all he wanted was to be understood and have his wishes respected.

• Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wrennie and 8 others
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
I'm happy he found his peace. At least I hope he is at peace.

I feel when all people tell us is to not die and think about those we leave behind and how selfish the act is, they don't realize they are hurting us and being selfish (because they don't want to feel guilt but if you're not helping then you're still "guilty" of that makes sense? I had another point but forgot) without any real solutions to change our lives. Their solution? Therapy/hospital and yet those options aren't even available no matter how much we beg and to some are charged an arm and leg because therapists are not in shortage of patients. Of course no one wants to die. We all want to be happy but to some life is cruel so instead of coming from a place of understanding, which they will never because they are not living as us, and support, they want us to live in misery.

Isn't THAT a form of abuse?
So they say we don't have the right to choose how we want to die? We have to live for whatever reasons? So then what gives them the right to my body and my life that I know very well, that they are not living, that they don't have to live, the right to make such decision. Are you paying me to live? Are you helping me to get better? My body, my life I chose how I want to end. If they want me to live then they have to take care of me and make sure I get better. Otherwise those who tell me to live have no right to say that. You're only adding more stress and misery. So I'm still alive but with more pain. Do you feel better about yourself now? If I don't have to right to decide to end MY LIFE then you don't have the right to tell me to live!

Last edited:
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Some will say that severely disabled people and people with devastating mental illnesses are able to live lives as happy as anyone else. They fail to realise that mentally and physically disabled people were forced to develop coping mechanisms, which is something not everyone is able to do. No healthy person would willingly chose to live the life of a paraplegic or a schizophrenic, which proves that living with a disability is an undesired way of life; there is no need to force it on others, especially if it could have been prevented.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, ConfusedAndWeird and 3 others
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
Some will say that severely disabled people and people with devastating mental illnesses are able to live lives as happy as anyone else. They fail to realise that mentally and physically disabled people were forced to develop coping mechanisms, which is something not everyone is able to do. No healthy person would willingly chose to live the life of a paraplegic or a schizophrenic, which proves that living with a disability is an undesired way of life; there is no need to force it on others, especially if it could have been prevented.
Couldn't have said it better.