• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I have an oddly similar experience: I decided my toys hated me so I let them have the bed and I cried myself to sleep on the floor. Hope things are better for you now and thanks for the info
Oh wow. Great minds think alike. That's definitely a symptom of depression: feeling guilty and blaming yourself for things that aren't your fault. I just never told anyone. I "knew" that my parents would say I'm talking nonsense, and my therapist would laugh at me (she had a history of doing that). I took up smoking and drinking instead, since I had no way to get proper antidepressants.

I'm doing mostly OK today. I have an Effexor prescription that works pretty well. I can also buy alcohol and tobacco whenever I want. Not only that, I met people willing to defy my state's quarantine along with me, effectively telling my governor and the public health department to shove Covid up their shitty asses. (That's the etymology behind my name: I came close to CTB'ing back in April, because of my state's quarantine, mask, and social distancing laws.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seul
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
As someone on three atypical anti-psychotics they are not fucking fun, and I need them to be functionalish human being. A girlfriend of mine was thrown in a psych ward years ago now and they gave her anti-psychotics (seroquel) because she was hallucinating. However she was just really fucking high and not crazy, so she started hallucinating REALLY badly (something about spiders with the heads of German Shepherds). Turns out if you're not psychotic, anti-psychotics aren't very good for you. If the psychiatrist has said he doesn't want to give them to you, trust and believe you don't want them.

If you're deeply depressed NDRIs or SSRIs are the vibe. Benzos for anxiety. Mood stabilizers for ... mood instability lol. Psychopharmacology is a hot mess, but it can be very helpful. Just make sure you're listening to what the doctors are telling you and not trying to get Abilify or some shit online. Danger Will Robinson.

Reactions: Seul
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
I'm getting psychotherapy. It's a very gradual type of treatment, but it helps.

Take your time talking to your doctor and reading about whatever medications you may take.

Reactions: Seul and Mentalmick
Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
Oh wow. Great minds think alike. That's definitely a symptom of depression: feeling guilty and blaming yourself for things that aren't your fault. I just never told anyone. I "knew" that my parents would say I'm talking nonsense, and my therapist would laugh at me (she had a history of doing that). I took up smoking and drinking instead, since I had no way to get proper antidepressants.

I'm doing mostly OK today. I have an Effexor prescription that works pretty well. I can also buy alcohol and tobacco whenever I want. Not only that, I met people willing to defy my state's quarantine along with me, effectively telling my governor and the public health department to shove Covid up their shitty asses. (That's the etymology behind my name: I came close to CTB'ing back in April, because of my state's quarantine, mask, and social distancing laws.)
I hate when therapists laugh, you'd think they'd understand that opening up is hard right?! I would probably be addicted to cigarettes right now if I weren't so anxious about buying tobacco lmao
I'm curious about why you want to defy the quarantine rules?
Turns out if you're not psychotic, anti-psychotics aren't very good for you.
A very good point

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I hate when therapists laugh, you'd think they'd understand that opening up is hard right?!
They could be practicing tough love on you, to tell you that your statements or beliefs are wrong, thus shaming you into changing your ways. Also don't forget: therapists live very privileged lives, making $100+ an hour by just siting there asking rhetorical questions and laughing at vulnerable patients. They also have easy access to psych drugs that numb the pain, while hypocritically berating you for wanting them. They don't understand misery, plain and simple.

Last time I talked about it on here, like going to a Halloween party with new friends, I had people attack me for it. So I'll just say this: I almost CTB'ed because of my state's quarantine rules, back when I actually followed them. I just couldn't handle the social isolation, and fuck Zoom! I even bought everything except for SN to help me go through with it. My will to live didn't return until I started defying the rules. Because I'd rather die from Corona, than from letting my state drive me to suicide.

Last edited:
Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
Also don't forget: therapists live very privileged lives, making $100+ an hour by just siting there asking rhetorical questions and laughing at vulnerable patients. They also have easy access to psych drugs that numb the pain
I think that's a US thing lmao it isn't like that for them in the UK
Last time I talked about it on here, like going to a Halloween party with new friends, I had people attack me for it. So I'll just say this: I almost CTB'ed because of my state's quarantine rules, back when I actually followed them. I just couldn't handle the social isolation, and fuck Zoom! I even bought everything except for SN to help me go through with it. My will to live didn't return until I started defying the rules. Because I'd rather die from Corona, than from letting my state drive me to suicide.
I understand that the rules make things difficult, I attempted ctb 5 times during lockdowns lol but I urge you to think about other peoples' lives. You might be okay with dying from covid but you don't have the right to take the lives of others by spreading the virus.

• Hmph!
Reactions: MyStateKilledMe
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I understand that the rules make things difficult, I attempted ctb 5 times during lockdowns lol but I urge you to think about other peoples' lives. You might be okay with dying from covid but you don't have the right to take the lives of others by spreading the virus.
It's a cold virus! Unless someone is over 65 or immunocompromized, that's exactly what they'll get from it: a bad cold.

Last edited:
Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
Unless someone is over 65 or immunocompromized, that's exactly what they'll get from it: a bad cold.
Why do you think that? I know someone who's younger than 40 with no underlying issues and has gone to hospital with it. Some people, including younger people, also suffer from it for a long time.

And don't you care about the old or immunocompromised people who will die from it? Since we don't have herd immunity yet, you can easily kill those people by spreading the virus to them. And what about the people it'd send to hospitals? You don't care that they're suffering?

• Hmph!
Reactions: MyStateKilledMe
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I hate when therapists laugh, you'd think they'd understand that opening up is hard right?! I would probably be addicted to cigarettes right now if I weren't so anxious about buying tobacco lmao

A very good point
How is the tea working for you @Seul ? Still working?

Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
How is the tea working for you @Seul ? Still working?
I bought some loose stuff (the people in the herbal shop were lovely so that's an extra plus!) and made it really strong. It's not knocking me out or anything yet but I haven't been drinking it for long. I've made it part of my routine now so hopefully it has more of an effect soon. Even if it doesn't do anything, it tastes nice and the process of making it is relaxing