• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Phil8888

Aug 10, 2018
Does anyone else have this problem with Doctors and Psychiatrists?

I see a psychiatirst on the NHS around once every 6 months. I always get asked the same question by them and my local GP...."are you feeling suicidal?" .

How can you answer this? I am suicidal, but if I tell them that, their answer is to put you in a 'secure hospital'. I understand why they do that, but that's a problem isn't it?

Having the option of suicide is helpful as I know I can end it if it get's too much. But being locked up takes that option away from you.

What would you do, or what is your experience?

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
If your goal is to CTB then always say no. If you goal is to try to get some help then be honest. They aren't going to "understand" and let you do it. Nobody will. It might not be fair that we cannot be understood but thems the facts Jack. If you truly want to die then it has to be your secret.

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
Apologies for the additional post....can't edit most days for some reason. I shouldn't have said "If you WANT to die"....since I don't believe anyone WANTS to...rather we are pushed there by pain and misery. Better is "If you INTEND to actually CTB then telling people is a bad idea as they WILL interfere".

P

Phil8888

Aug 10, 2018
Apologies for the additional post....can't edit most days for some reason. I shouldn't have said "If you WANT to die"....since I don't believe anyone WANTS to...rather we are pushed there by pain and misery. Better is "If you INTEND to actually CTB then telling people is a bad idea as they WILL interfere".
Thank you for your reply. I know what you meant and you are completely right I feel.

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
My psychiatrist asked me this last week and I told him I'm literally always suicidal. However, I have been seeing him for more than a year so he knows he will make my life shittier by putting me into a psych ward.

P

Phil8888

Aug 10, 2018
My psychiatrist asked me this last week and I told him I'm literally always suicidal. However, I have been seeing him for more than a year so he knows he will make my life shittier by putting me into a psych ward.
Thats exactly right, going in to a psych ward when i dont want to will make me worse.

What did he say to you?

Reactions: Tiburcio
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
Thats exactly right, going in to a psych ward when i dont want to will make me worse.

What did he say to you?

It was just for symptoms I am experiencing. He just gives me drugs. He knows he can't really help. I see my therapist for the talking stuff. I'll actually see him tomorrow. I don't plan on letting him know what I do all day in detail - because then he might actually have to do something. I have 2 bags of charcoal in my closet with a chimney starter. If I told him that he might be forced to act.

Reactions: Tiburcio
A

alex hus

Jul 31, 2018
Yes, you've got to be careful. I have made the mistake of opening up too much. Now I'm diagnosed with TRD with anxiety.
They have turned me down for TMS, and ETC. There trying really hard to dump me all together because of liability.
Forget about trying to find another psyc DR. They have all the info as well. If your easy to treat and have good ins., your in.
Mine is a disease of hopelessness that in reality is hopeless. May you be successful in what ever your choice is.