d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
If I were to be put in a psych ward again, I swear I'd actually go insane and suddenly become incapable of feeling anything other than wanting to die. Like I would literally turn into a robot programmed to terminate itself. The public mental health system is genuinely so dehumanising and humiliating. You ever have to be wheeled to the mental health unit despite being fully capable of bipedal locomotion (aka bloody walking)? Or what about having two cops grab your arms forcefully and make you sit in the back of a chilly paddy wagon as you await transportation to a crappy psych ward? Best part is being stuck in a fairly crowded co-ed, adult ward as a teenager and constantly feeling afraid for your safety (and also not being able to sleep all that well). To me, psych wards are the scariest places imaginable because what's stopping a staff member from abusing you and then attributing your claims to "delusions" because who's everyone gonna believe: the well-respected nurse or the mentally unstable psych ward patient? Fuck these places honestly. Bad enough for me but can't even how much worse it is for people in their 30s or 40s with families and careers to have to go through the system being treated like a mischievious 5-year-old or something. Going numb and dissociating from reality would genuinely be the only way I could survive through any of that. Plus being threatened with restraints or solitary confinement over something little is just so insanely fucked and also incredibly traumatising.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bipolar22, Action, mayHeCurseUsAll and 12 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
wow you and I have a really different experience with psych wards. i just get hella bored there. btw 4 days?

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

Apr 15, 2023
wow you and I have a really different experience with psych wards. i just get hella bored there. btw 4 days?
Honestly the experiences beforehand are way more traumatic but the ward itself isn't pleasant either. I don't do well in new environments, let alone a literal prison complex. Oh and I mean 4 days left of life

Reactions: DeadlineDialer and LastFlowers
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Honestly the experiences beforehand are way more traumatic but the ward itself isn't pleasant either. I don't do well in new environments, let alone a literal prison complex. Oh and I mean 4 days left of life
how did you arrive on that date?

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

Apr 15, 2023
how did you arrive on that date?
It's the most convenient for me right now, although if something interferes I may have to push it to next week. I just need to be gone before October 10th tbh

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
In my experience with psych wards it was mostly incredibly boring and dehumanising due to lack of rights. I've seen people restrained to their bed, people getting beaten by staff but never experienced that myself. The staff treated me more or less fine. But the fact that abuse really does happen is very disheartening. I hope mental health system turns into something more humane as it progresses

Reactions: Blahblahlah, DeadlineDialer, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those places really do sound like horrific prisons to me, it disgusts me how we exist in this world where suicidal people are so inhumanely treat like criminals.

Reactions: exitplease, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and Blahblahlah