• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Would an outdoor propane gas heater really work to cause CO death if you brought it indoors? A few people have posted about gas heaters...I'm curious.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
Something like this

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if it would work. The trick would seem to be having enough CO output in a small enough space.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Retched and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Propane burns very clean, I've worked in buildings for hours on end that had industrial drywall heaters going non-stop with no effect.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Retched
Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
Propane burns very clean, I've worked in buildings for hours on end that had industrial drywall heaters going non-stop with no effect.
That's what I figured. :/ Thanks for your insight though, you always have good advice.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Justanotherconsumer
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
It burns clean, but can still put off CO. As justanothercunsumer said about working in buildings with them going non stop, im betting the building had some sort of ventilation.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Retched and Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I don't know if it's a viable option, but over on the Classic Campstoves Forum there are frequent threads on old campstoves --Coleman, Primus, Optimus, etc.-- causing CO deaths when used in a tent. Kerosene is not so clean burning as propane.

And my father-in-law ctb by closing himself up in the family car with a barbecue. Big car, too: an old Dodge Ram Charger.

A "well duh!" observation: I suspect that if the appliance isn't intended to be used in an enclosed space, it may lack the CO safeties and thus is probably a lot better for ctb in an enclosed space.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I don't know if it's a viable option, but over on the Classic Campstoves Forum there are frequent threads on old campstoves --Coleman, Primus, Optimus, etc.-- causing CO deaths when used in a tent. Kerosene is not so clean burning as propane.

And my father-in-law ctb by closing himself up in the family car with a barbecue. Big car, too: an old Dodge Ram Charger.

A "well duh!" observation: I suspect that if the appliance isn't intended to be used in an enclosed space, it may lack the CO safeties and thus is probably a lot better for ctb in an enclosed space.

The only difference in indoor vs. outdoor I have ever observed, is indoor appliances have safety cut off switch in case they are turned over. They burn at 1900 degrees so not much chance of incomplete combustion Wich causes co.

Kerosene may be a viable alternative.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Kerosene may be a viable alternative.
I don't know about kerosene. Never heard of accidental death by fumes from that. But I'm gonna Google it now.

Ok, just did quick look, and I'm wrong. It can be done with kerosene heater.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Seems as though the gas engine is the most efficient co polluter, gas generators don't have catalytic converter(captures co) that I am aware of, some Honda generators are almost whisper silent.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
It burns clean, but can still put off CO. As justanothercunsumer said about working in buildings with them going non stop, im betting the building had some sort of ventilation.
Reading about the camper heaters, they say it is useful to get a CO meter in case their heaters put off too much. They also say to open a window while using, don't leave on at night, etc...

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018

The ones I've tried to find are "outdoor only."

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
What about a portable propane gas stove , if used inside ? Obviously each cartridge of gas only holds so much but , if done in a car, would it work ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Retched