Karl

Karl

Oct 14, 2018
I dont know, maybe I have identified with his gaze.
here is the complete picture Fire elemental by aster phire d60mk6s

Reactions: therhydler, lv-gras, Sinbad and 3 others
BangBangBang

BangBangBang

INFP
Nov 16, 2018
It's a pic from my favourite band called Big Bang.
If it wasn't for them I would ctb long long time ago.
So I found it appropriate.

Reactions: Sinbad, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Just a painting I did on a rock.

Reactions: therhydler, Miss clefable, lv-gras and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Mines a self portrait and rendered in deep dream.

Reactions: therhydler, sólstafir, Sinbad and 3 others
Blackbird

Blackbird

Jul 23, 2018
She's from an anime called "rozen maiden"
I can relate to her desperate loneliness
Man, I used to love the first Rozen Maiden manga. It's definitely one of the best manga I've ever read.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Kirakishou
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
It's a black girl sitting at a bus stop with an alligator (?) And no fucks to give.

Reactions: Miss clefable, sólstafir, lv-gras and 2 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
My Avatar is from the anime movie 'Paprika'.

I love that scene when a couple of businessmen jump to their death smiling. I envy their mindset.

Reactions: Miss clefable, Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Kogepan - Lazy sad burnt bread, sleeps when mad, doesn't think, doesn't care and spends his days wondering why the bread maker didn't cook him well. I think we have a little Kogepan in all of us.

Reactions: Jupiter, sólstafir, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Self-explanatory

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Crest33

Crest33

Sheet slinger
Nov 28, 2018
black-guy-on-bleachers-meme-02.jpg

Bruh?

Reactions: therhydler, Watson, Miss clefable and 2 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
mine is a white outline on a red background, i got it as the default on some internet site.

Reactions: killing me softly, Crest33, Watson and 5 others
F

funnyvalentine

Nov 27, 2018
My avatar is from my favorite animal:
sophisticated, bright ( their brain is reportedly the size of a peanut ), combined with attractive looks and a great appreciation of privacy.
( They are fairly uncompromising when it comes to territorial disputes.)
They simply got it all.

Reactions: Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 1 other person
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I just needed any old image, so I googled random and this was one of the results.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
John Stewart is the man. He's powerful, smart, has leadership skills, lots of friends, well traveled (throughout the universe), and he gets the ladies.

I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Mine is a sentence out of Coldplay's TALK. This song was offered by my best online friend - as "our song" to which we would listen many times together - who passed away in March this year (no suicide) unexpectedly. This was my favorite sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, lv-gras, Dead Meat and 2 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
No, he is not a terrorist. Just a harmless man enjoying the desert sunset :)

Reactions: lv-gras, GreenLantern and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
my avatar is my Watson.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and iHeartRockArt
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I was staring at the xmas tree and my attention started to drift

Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
What a cutie pie. Those ears! Love it.

He was the best good boy ever. :(

I read that your profile photo is a painting you did?
Is that your fur baby?

Reactions: lv-gras, Jodes, iHeartRockArt and 1 other person
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
He was the best good boy ever. :(

I read that your profile photo is a painting you did?
Is that your fur baby?
Aww, did he pass away? I'm so sorry. Yes, I painted that and it's my moms lil Shih-Tzu. I basically raised her, so she's kinda like mine too. She's a doll. The painting was a gift to my mom for her birthday a few months ago. I gave it to her with a stand to display it, and she cried.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
Aww, did he pass away? I'm so sorry. Yes, I painted that and it's my moms lil Shih-Tzu. I basically raised her, so she's kinda like mine too. She's a doll. The painting was a gift to my mom for her birthday a few months ago. I gave it to her with a stand to display it, and she cried.

Awww what a beautiful gift and beautiful baby!

And yeah.
He was such an amazing friend and soul mate that I can there aren't enough words for me to express how amazing he was.

I rescued Watson when he was only 3-4 and had him for only 3 years and 8 months. He was only 6-7 years old and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure on 10/15/18. He had no symptoms prior to his first episode on 10/14/18; I would take him to the vet regularly for any issue and he was always fine. I immediately found a cardiologist on 10/15 and he was put on medications and was told the average dog lives up to 6 months - year...

The anticipatory grief was crippling but Watson was still by my side so I made every day count for him. He had regular check up and was doing really well but I had to find a way to save his life. I was researching every possible option for him and found out about heart surgery overseas with a 92% success rate. The wait list was about 6 months and I thought he would make that no problem since he was responding well to the medications. I was preparing for his heart surgery with all his medical files and corresponding with the clinics and was getting a surgery date.

Then on 11/25/18, only 6 weeks after his diagnosis .. I suddenly lost my best friend.. He had a tear in his valve that could not be prevented or anticipated.. It just can 'happen'.. or whatever. ... I'll spare you the details leading up to/ on that day as it's long and... I personally keep reliving that nightmare as images from that day still keep flashing in my mind randomly. It sucks. it all fucking sucks.

The day I lost Watson has been the most traumatic experiences of my life.
Losing him was painful enough but now I have this overwhelming guilt, anxiety and so many negative thoughts and questions I can't barely function.. I feel like I can barely breathe.

It's crazy how he came into my life though.. The best good boy saved my life.

I remember the day I got him-- I had been planning and set to ctb and make it look like some horrible accident. I was pretty set on that day too, I was just looking into the exact times when there would be the least chance of bystanders-- that's when I received a notification from a friend about chihuahuas that needed to be rescued.
I'm a sucker for dogs, (especially chihuahuas since I feel like not enough people give them a chance and they aren't little devils but are actually very sweet. And they are the second most euthanized dog in shelters) so I figured why not and that if anything I would crash my car somewhere on my way home or something.
But then when I sat down to meet the dogs, Watson (he didn't have a name at the time) slowly crawled into my lap and looked at me with his big blue eyes. I drove home with him and didn't crash into anything that day. From that day on we were inseparable and he was with me everywhere-- aside from work sometimes, but after his diagnosis, he started coming to work with me everyday.

He was the only thing that gave my life meaning. He gave me purpose. He made me feel like I could take on the world and showed me unconditional love. He and I had such an amazing bond that I've never had with any other companion animal... with any other person for that matter..
I know it sounds stupid but Watson really was more than just a dog.

I felt that after years of feeling so unloved and disappointed that the world finally wasn't so cruel.
I used to think the world was so generous after Watson came into my life.

And then the world took my fucking dog back and has left me feeling worse than before..

With the way my life always goes, I should have expected it really...

Reactions: iHeartRockArt, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Awww what a beautiful gift and beautiful baby!

And yeah.
He was such an amazing friend and soul mate that I can there aren't enough words for me to express how amazing he was.

I rescued Watson when he was only 3-4 and had him for only 3 years and 8 months. He was only 6-7 years old and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure on 10/15/18. He had no symptoms prior to his first episode on 10/14/18; I would take him to the vet regularly for any issue and he was always fine. I immediately found a cardiologist on 10/15 and he was put on medications and was told the average dog lives up to 6 months - year...

The anticipatory grief was crippling but Watson was still by my side so I made every day count for him. He had regular check up and was doing really well but I had to find a way to save his life. I was researching every possible option for him and found out about heart surgery overseas with a 92% success rate. The wait list was about 6 months and I thought he would make that no problem since he was responding well to the medications. I was preparing for his heart surgery with all his medical files and corresponding with the clinics and was getting a surgery date.

Then on 11/25/18, only 6 weeks after his diagnosis .. I suddenly lost my best friend.. He had a tear in his valve that could not be prevented or anticipated.. It just can 'happen'.. or whatever. ... I'll spare you the details leading up to/ on that day as it's long and... I personally keep reliving that nightmare as images from that day still keep flashing in my mind randomly. It sucks. it all fucking sucks.

The day I lost Watson has been the most traumatic experiences of my life.
Losing him was painful enough but now I have this overwhelming guilt, anxiety and so many negative thoughts and questions I can't barely function.. I feel like I can barely breathe.

It's crazy how he came into my life though.. The best good boy saved my life.

I remember the day I got him-- I had been planning and set to ctb and make it look like some horrible accident. I was pretty set on that day too, I was just looking into the exact times when there would be the least chance of bystanders-- that's when I received a notification from a friend about chihuahuas that needed to be rescued.
I'm a sucker for dogs, (especially chihuahuas since I feel like not enough people give them a chance and they aren't little devils but are actually very sweet. And they are the second most euthanized dog in shelters) so I figured why not and that if anything I would crash my car somewhere on my way home or something.
But then when I sat down to meet the dogs, Watson (he didn't have a name at the time) slowly crawled into my lap and looked at me with his big blue eyes. I drove home with him and didn't crash into anything that day. From that day on we were inseparable and he was with me everywhere-- aside from work sometimes, but after his diagnosis, he started coming to work with me everyday.

He was the only thing that gave my life meaning. He gave me purpose. He made me feel like I could take on the world and showed me unconditional love. He and I had such an amazing bond that I've never had with any other companion animal... with any other person for that matter..
I know it sounds stupid but Watson really was more than just a dog.

I felt that after years of feeling so unloved and disappointed that the world finally wasn't so cruel.
I used to think the world was so generous after Watson came into my life.

And then the world took my fucking dog back and has left me feeling worse than before..

With the way my life always goes, I should have expected it really...
Well, now I'm balling my eyes out and I am so very sorry about your loss. I feel the same way about animals, especially dogs and I've went through many losses in my life. Each and every one of my dogs were amazing, lovable and had their own beautiful personalities.

One thing, by reading your story, I know it's hard, but please try not to blame yourself. You tried so hard to save him and get the best possible healthcare for him. That's a lot more than a lot of people do, and Watson wouldn't want you to feel bad over it. It was out of your control and none of it was your fault. Maybe when you feel like it's a good time, you could adopt another sweet furbaby to keep you company. It wouldn't be a replacement because I know none of our babies can be replaced, but rather another companion for you to love and be loved in return. Dogs are truly amazing, and I think it would help you tremendously.

I lost my yellow lab to a major stroke when he was 11 and I grieved for a while but then a gorgeous chocolate lab puppy came into my life and I could not imagine my life without this guy. He is my best friend, my protector, and he loves unconditionally. Everyone deserves that love, and I know another furbaby would fill that empty void in your heart, even just a little bit. Just something to think about...if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you and I definitely feel your pain. Thanks so much for sharing your story with me.

Reactions: Watson and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
Well, now I'm balling my eyes out and I am so very sorry about your loss. I feel the same way about animals, especially dogs and I've went through many losses in my life. Each and every one of my dogs were amazing, lovable and had their own beautiful personalities.

One thing, by reading your story, I know it's hard, but please try not to blame yourself. You tried so hard to save him and get the best possible healthcare for him. That's a lot more than a lot of people do, and Watson wouldn't want you to feel bad over it. It was out of your control and none of it was your fault. Maybe when you feel like it's a good time, you could adopt another sweet furbaby to keep you company. It wouldn't be a replacement because I know none of our babies can be replaced, but rather another companion for you to love and be loved in return. Dogs are truly amazing, and I think it would help you tremendously.

I lost my yellow lab to a major stroke when he was 11 and I grieved for a while but then a gorgeous chocolate lab puppy came into my life and I could not imagine my life without this guy. He is my best friend, my protector, and he loves unconditionally. Everyone deserves that love, and I know another furbaby would fill that empty void in your heart, even just a little bit. Just something to think about...if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you and I definitely feel your pain. Thanks so much for sharing your story with me.

thank you so much for your reply. I've been feeling like I'm crazy because it seems like no one understands how much he meant to me, or how a dog could bring so much meaning to someone's life. People at work try to understand but I can feel their judgement as to why I'm not over this yet & I end up hiding in my car to cry throughout the day.

I'm trying not to let the guilt and self blame/hate manifest but I keep getting these flashbacks of that day and it's beyond intense. It's weird and difficult and I don't think I can handle it. But I find solace in knowing Watson and I will be together again soon which helps hide a lot of my distress.

And I'm so sorry for the lost of your yellow lab! That pain of losing something so incredible is unbearable. I'm happy to hear that you have a new little baby! I always felt that some companions we lose will guide new ones into our life. I am hoping one day I could find another companion animal but I don't think I'd live long enough for that day to come.

But thank you again for being so kind and compassionate. I don't feel like I'm nuts for once.
I will try to keep your words in mind and I really appreciate them more than you may know.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and iHeartRockArt
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
thank you so much for your reply. I've been feeling like I'm crazy because it seems like no one understands how much he meant to me, or how a dog could bring so much meaning to someone's life. People at work try to understand but I can feel their judgement as to why I'm not over this yet & I end up hiding in my car to cry throughout the day.

I'm trying not to let the guilt and self blame/hate manifest but I keep getting these flashbacks of that day and it's beyond intense. It's weird and difficult and I don't think I can handle it. But I find solace in knowing Watson and I will be together again soon which helps hide a lot of my distress.

And I'm so sorry for the lost of your yellow lab! That pain of losing something so incredible is unbearable. I'm happy to hear that you have a new little baby! I always felt that some companions we lose will guide new ones into our life. I am hoping one day I could find another companion animal but I don't think I'd live long enough for that day to come.

But thank you again for being so kind and compassionate. I don't feel like I'm nuts for once.
I will try to keep your words in mind and I really appreciate them more than you may know.
You are not alone, that's for sure. I understand 110%. And thank you for your kind words as well. My chocolate lab has really helped me heal, and of course "Jake" will always be in my heart. I've lost so many animals, they were all very painful but the most pain was with my little Maltese/Lhasa Apso mix who I had from when I was 6 years old till I was 25. He was almost 20 years old. He had been with me through all the bad things that happened to me in my past, and celebrated the good times with me too. Was with me from 1st grade until college, was by my side during the problems I was going through during my marriage, you name it...he was by my side. He lost control of his bladder and his kidneys were failing from old age...and we had to have him put down and I held him in my arms the whole time. I felt so bad but we were together till the end and that just about killed me. I've lost 5 dogs, many cats, birds, and other animals I had. To me, personally they were all family.

I'm so very sorry people don't understand you or your pain. A lot of people think, "oh it's just a dog" or "it's just an animal, get over it." That pisses me off so much when I hear people say that. I really have to bite my tongue. You shouldn't have to suffer and cry alone. I know it doesn't help much IRL but you have someone here that gets it. I hope someday I will read that you were able to get a new furbaby and have that love refill your heart.

Reactions: Watson and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
Now I'm crying more for you and your Jake!

Thank you for sharing your story and the beautiful bond you had with Jake! For the first time since Watson left, I miss him in a heartwarming way.. not the heart wrenching agonizing way. Thank you for that.
The bond and love you share/d with Jake is so incredibly palpable. I can't imagine how it must have felt to lose him after 20 years. I'm so sorry that you had to endure the pain of losing him but I really admire your strength in continuing on and opening your heart to another fur baby.

And thank you for making me feel like I'm not a crazy dog lady. I hear that phrase so much and it's driving me insane but I keep thinking I must be overly emotional right now. But it's nice to know that there's at least one person who knows that our companion animals really are a part of our family.They are our best friends, our furry soul mates.
I hope you know I really appreciate your reply. I've been isolating myself since a lot of people don't get it. This is the first time I havent felt ashamed/embarrassed for being so devastated with Watson's passing and the first time I haven't felt so alone. Thank you for that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
H

hazeyjane

Oct 20, 2018
Mine is a painting I made inspired by
Squares with Concentric Circles
By Wassily Kandinsky. My paintings meaning comes from the 'circles' of life. I have a circle to complete. Each one of us is a circle. The Circle of Life represents the fact that no being is omnipotent or invulnerable. It tells us that even the most powerful and dominant , one day, they too will be subject to failure and collapse and as such their fates are entwined, for they all will experience the wheel of natural progression. It is through this process that all things, however great and mighty, will spiral through the echelons of chaos to attain a state of natural order.
I wish I were as talented as you. That's a great painting, I adore the influence too.

divinized

divinized

Nov 26, 2018
Mine is just a picture I pulled from some aesthetic blog.

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Mine is a piece of artwork by Yves Klein called "Leap Into The Void"

I used to feel blissful just looking at the colour Yves Klein Blue, it had something magical to it
Bliss is something I will never feel again