Skele76

Skele76

Feb 26, 2023
My mother is a mental help professional and everyday I listen to her bitch about her patients and call them stupid for trying to kill themselves and or hurt themselves, this is the women who used to work with adolescents and was a therapist for over a decade. Logically I know this isn't every mental health professional, but people wonder why most suicidal people don't go to professionals for help if they want it? This is why. It's not just in peoples head that's mental health 'professionals' are untrustworthy it's just a fact. Also like not everyone wants help, like jst let people be. People are free to do whatever they want to better themselves even if the way to better themselves if to kill themselves. I just felt I should share,

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BurningSita, silentcicada, Skathon and 5 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I would want a bigger sample size than 1 before i form any sort of conclusion but I agree that therapy isn't useful for many people.

Reactions: silentcicada, Skele76, Lammpz and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The insensitivity doesn't even surprise me, I believe that people like that only care about money, the industry just exists to profit from people's suffering which is why there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is irrational. To me any of the "help" will always be a scam.

Reactions: sadandlonely99, silentcicada, Skele76 and 2 others
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
It varies.

I remember when I first went to therapy when I was 16 - I was there with other teens.

I thought it was insane that some were hurting themselves or attempting suicide and I said as much to my then therapist, and she basically scolded me for my judgmental attitude.

There are definitely many people who shouldn't be working with psyche patients, but there are also people who are burnt out from the caseloads of trauma-dumping.

Reactions: Skele76 and Foreverix
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
The insensitivity doesn't even surprise me, I believe that people like that only care about money, the industry just exists to profit from people's suffering which is why there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is irrational. To me any of the "help" will always be a scam.
i believe the pharmaceutical industry intends to profit from peoples' suffering. I don't agree therapy does that, many people benefit from it (which the numbers support) and I think most therapists want to help their clients. Why else would they choose the career path? If they discourage CTB it's because they believe their patients can heal and don't understand because they haven't suffered the same way.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Foreverix and carac
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Perhaps your mom started as a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed MHP with hope? I'm curious to know. Either way, it sounds like a copium to keep herself adequately distanced and insulated from the suffering she's exposed to. I think a lot of doctors attain a similar coldness and arrogance that provides them distance from personal connection and the subsequent suffering.

If your mom just hates the people she's supposed to help, that is overwhelmingly unfortunate. She would then be a real negative force in the world.

How do you deal with her complaints? I feel for you, really. 😕

Reactions: Skele76, Skathon and SmollMushroom
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I hate it when they say: it's you the one who must be willing to change when they see things aren't working out. It's like their escape plan.
Idk I feel like many therapists are there just to take your money and it's hard to find a good one. That's my experience with them.

Reactions: Skathon and Foreverix
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think a lot of health professionals want to help and have good intentions, it's just they a stuck in a system intent on maximising profits and in many cases keeping people sick.

Reactions: silentcicada and Foreverix
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I hate it when they say: it's you the one who must be willing to change when they see things aren't working out. It's like their escape plan.
Idk I feel like many therapists are there just to take your money and it's hard to find a good one. That's my experience with them.
Have you tried one who specializes in working with smoll mushrooms?

🙃

Reactions: SmollMushroom