EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
I think i have always been depressed and prone to anxiety and panic attacks, low self esteem and possibly ADHD. It never seemed to bother my family, and even when i was 16 and told my mother there might be something wrong with my head and i should see a therapist, she just played it down and said it was a teenager thing. So in 2014 i was admitted to college and moved to another city, but i couldnt focus on my studies properly, i could only think about how unfit i was to society, getting my drivers license was such an ordeal as i too have panic while driving, and all the other things such as dating, having a relationship and having a life. I was doing an engineering course at a very prestigious university, and its the kind of course that you have to put whole self into it. So as you might guess i started getting behind and only told my parents about it when it got close to the date i was supposed to graduate.

To cut things short, i got into treatment for a while but abandoned it, having to revisit and talk about my traumas frequently just made things worse. I got admitted to another college, this time in my own city, now the year is 2021, in the middle of the pandemic, i still felt so bad about how behind i was, was very isolated, and got covid which really took a toll on me. So i failed a very important discipline in my first semester, and in this college courses are given annually, so already i was 1 year behind. I had no courage to tell them, in a rush to makel things look better i had even said to them that some of the disciplines i had been aproved in the other course would make me graduate earlier. In 2022 and 2023 i got better overall, although still depressed but things were under control, but in the second semester of 2023 one of the discipline started make me feel very anxious, and for me my depression is worse right before i wake up, and this discpline was the first in the morning, 7 am, many times i didnt show up at all, so ,unsurprisinly, i failed it too. My parents think im going to graduate at the end of this semester, i don't have the courage to tell them, although theyre somewhat to blame for making me feel i was already so far behind and should try extra hard to succeed. I'm still seriously considering CTBing, i have no remorse for them, it kind of selfish of me to think this way, they do support me financially and I still live with them, but this is not the kind of parenting i need, i'm kind of a broken person, i just need a supportive and open enviroment where things feels lighter, they make me feel the opposite.

I can't go through with it again, having them telling me im throwing my life away, that im a liar and im taking advantage of them. I think its kind of cliche to cite the joker, but one of the lines in the movie really resonated with me, which was" the worse part of having a mental illness is that people expect you to act as if you didnt".

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: alienfreak, ijustwishtodie, EvisceratedJester and 2 others
B

BlueLeaf

Dec 24, 2022
Parents can be really frustrating sometimes. For mine - They are under an illusion that someone who has breaks in their study and studied reduced courseloads is going to find a job easily. They don't understand what it's like being studying a dual discipline of bioinformatics - genetics and computer science study especially at a reduced load. I don't have any friends re talk about this... I can randomly help strangers on

I had one unit this semester where only 5 people attended the lectures. I got really depressed in the second half of the semester. and I got a deferred exam but I'm currently feeling suicidal so studying not going well.

And... I have NDIS funding (in Australia) and whether I try to use it - it's "It's not going to make you feel better" or " You can do with you want with it?" or "I'm going to tell the truth"

I don't get all the art therapy, animal therapy, gaming groups. I could use $500 to pay not to match on custom interests but on fun social hobbies for potentially using NDIS funding for a friendship matching service? seem really of value NOT

It's also "You won't feel lonely when you've got a job"

Last edited:
Reactions: enduringwinter
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
You shouldn't have to feel this way over something so non consequential. I'm sorry, it's all so sad because not only is it difficult, it is also trivial... It's not your fault...

butterflyguy

butterflyguy

Aug 6, 2024
Parents can be really frustrating sometimes. For mine - They are under an illusion that someone who has breaks in their study and studied reduced courseloads is going to find a job easily. They don't understand what it's like being studying a dual discipline of bioinformatics - genetics and computer science study especially at a reduced load. I don't have any friends re talk about this... I can randomly help strangers on

I had one unit this semester where only 5 people attended the lectures. I got really depressed in the second half of the semester. and I got a deferred exam but I'm currently feeling suicidal so studying not going well.

And... I have NDIS funding (in Australia) and whether I try to use it - it's "It's not going to make you feel better" or " You can do with you want with it?" or "I'm going to tell the truth"

I don't get all the art therapy, animal therapy, gaming groups. I could use $500 to pay not to match on custom interests but on fun social hobbies for potentially using NDIS funding for a friendship matching service? seem really of value NOT

It's also "You won't feel lonely when you've got a job"
What grounds did you get the funding on? Was it mental health?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I feel like I can see a part of myself within your post. I'm also doing a hard degree, not because I like it but because I believe that it's the path of least resistance that also adheres to my parent's super strict criteria of me wanting to do a prestigious and high valued degree. However, I'm getting to the point where the path of least resistance is providing too much resistance and I'm scared. My life can go in one of two ways. Firstly, I'd end up failing to conform and deal with life's demands (such as university and work) and thus getting disowned by my parents due to it. Alternatively, I'd end up succeeding with university but would then be forced to work and thus I'd perpetually be trapped in life as a wage slave since humans have intelligently crafted the system to be where you get too exhausted to do anything else other than what society wants from you. I don't want either scenario to be true and I feel so trapped in life. I genuinely don't know what to do and I'm convinced that there isn't even anything that I can do