• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Seriously? I was reading about how suicide isn't punished and you are just in peace in the afterlife and I was Googling and I get this shit?

WARNING:SUPREME PROLIFE BULLSHIT

I swear things like that discredit any well
meaning conversations regarding the topic of afterlife and past lives. Your actions in this life shouldn't carry over into your next life if it exists no matter what you do.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
I saw that website as well. Are you sure it isn't true? Hopefully it isn't…That's my biggest fear, if it were true. They also have past life karma causes of current conditions

Reactions: Homo erectus
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I saw that website as well. Are you sure it isn't true? Hopefully it isn't…That's my biggest fear, if it were true. They also have past life karma causes of current conditions
Idk man and I don't really want to know. It seems they cherry picked quotes they like to prove a point.
Yeah it's bullshit. They have a little stupid graph saying how you ctb and the result in the next life. There is no way you can show that at all

Last edited:
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I remember a couple of the quotes from a book I had as a child. However, there were plenty of other quotes which presented a variety of perspectives on the subject.

I don't put much stock in the cussing of privileged intellectuals lashing at ill or impoverished people whose substandard quality of life leads them to suicide. But there is a need for nuance.

An advanced spiritual master, Nisargadatta Maharaj, commented a couple of times about suicide. He is worthy of being quoted:

Q: It is because I have grown in intelligence that I would not tolerate my suffering again. What is wrong with suicide?
M: Nothing wrong, if it solves the problem. What, if it does not? Suffering caused by extraneous factors -- some painful and incurable disease, or unbearable calamity -- may provide some justification, but where wisdom and compassion are lacking, suicide cannot help. A foolish death means foolishness reborn. Besides there is the question of karma to consider. Endurance is usually the wisest course.

- - - - - - -

M: Fundamentally, nobody can compel another to live. Besides, there were cultures in which suicide had its acknowledged and respected place.
Q: Is it not obligatory to live out one's natural span of life?
M: Natural -- spontaneously -- easy -- yes. But disease and suffering are not natural. There is noble virtue in unshakable endurance of whatever comes, but there is also dignity in the refusal of meaningless torture and humiliation.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
I wouldn't worry about this, lmao. This is some AAA level goofy nonsense.

"The birth defects inherited by the returning suicide match the suicide method used... precisely." is such a ridiculous sentence when you look at the table. The unnecessary and over the top drama of the ellipsis, the list containing things that just aren't birth defects, the weird incompleteness of the table given that there are many other ways you can kill yourself (the table just distinctly lacks an option for bleeding to death?), and the conceptually baffling claim that the table is in any way "precise," like, poisoning leading to genetic red blood cell disorders? Huh?

The quotes section is additionally comical because they just pick the most random people as if they were any authority on spirituality and half the quotes don't even support their thesis if you just include the context. And then they quote the fucking christian bible... about reincarnation...?

This silly section on the same site. The whole thing pretty blatantly trying to fearmonger people about their past life and then selling them a "solution". 2/10 not even a good grift.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I wouldn't worry about this, lmao. This is some AAA level goofy nonsense.

"The birth defects inherited by the returning suicide match the suicide method used... precisely." is such a ridiculous sentence when you look at the table. The unnecessary and over the top drama of the ellipsis, the list containing things that just aren't birth defects, the weird incompleteness of the table given that there are many other ways you can kill yourself (the table just distinctly lacks an option for bleeding to death?), and the conceptually baffling claim that the table is in any way "precise," like, poisoning leading to genetic red blood cell disorders? Huh?

The quotes section is additionally comical because they just pick the most random people as if they were any authority on spirituality and half the quotes don't even support their thesis if you just include the context. And then they quote the fucking christian bible... about reincarnation...?

This silly section on the same site. The whole thing pretty blatantly trying to fearmonger people about their past life and then selling them a "solution". 2/10 not even a good grift.
LOL I DIDNT SEE THIS SECTION
I remember a couple of the quotes from a book I had as a child. However, there were plenty of other quotes which presented a variety of perspectives on the subject.

I don't put much stock in the cussing of privileged intellectuals lashing at ill or impoverished people whose substandard quality of life leads them to suicide. But there is a need for nuance.

An advanced spiritual master, Nisargadatta Maharaj, commented a couple of times about suicide. He is worthy of being quoted:

Q: It is because I have grown in intelligence that I would not tolerate my suffering again. What is wrong with suicide?
M: Nothing wrong, if it solves the problem. What, if it does not? Suffering caused by extraneous factors -- some painful and incurable disease, or unbearable calamity -- may provide some justification, but where wisdom and compassion are lacking, suicide cannot help. A foolish death means foolishness reborn. Besides there is the question of karma to consider. Endurance is usually the wisest course.

- - - - - - -

M: Fundamentally, nobody can compel another to live. Besides, there were cultures in which suicide had its acknowledged and respected place.
Q: Is it not obligatory to live out one's natural span of life?
M: Natural -- spontaneously -- easy -- yes. But disease and suffering are not natural. There is noble virtue in unshakable endurance of whatever comes, but there is also dignity in the refusal of meaningless torture and humiliation.
So technically it is acceptable in the cases where enduring mental torture isn't wanted?

Last edited:
Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I see they've mentioned the authors for the quotes. But I wonder where they found that method - birth defect table.

Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Seriously? I was reading about how suicide isn't punished and you are just in peace in the afterlife and I was Googling and I get this shit?

WARNING:SUPREME PROLIFE BULLSHIT

I swear things like that discredit any well
meaning conversations regarding the topic of afterlife and past lives. Your actions in this life shouldn't carry over into your next life if it exists no matter what you do.
Lol don't you just have to laugh at it?

Suicide Method Reincarnation Birth Defect
Shot/Stab to the Head Down's Syndrome - Anencephaly

Shoot yourself in the head, you are reborn with down syndrome. Some quick Googling tells me there are ~6,000 cases of down syndrome in the US each year, and at least 20k gunshot to the head suicides. (Looks like 45kish suicides in the US and over half are gunshots.)

Seems like they didn't think that through.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Lol don't you just have to laugh at it?

Suicide Method Reincarnation Birth Defect
Shot/Stab to the Head Down's Syndrome - Anencephaly

Shoot yourself in the head, you are reborn with down syndrome. Some quick Googling tells me there are ~6,000 cases of down syndrome in the US each year, and at least 20k gunshot to the head suicides. (Looks like 45kish suicides in the US and over half are gunshots.)

Seems like they didn't think that through.
Damn makes so much sense lmao. Where are these Down syndrome people