• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

aaturtle

aaturtle

sativa!
Sep 26, 2023
I think a lot of people here have a mindset that people who want to live and want others to live believe that the world is perfect.

Where did this notion come from?

I wanna post my perspective. Based on my experiences, nobody I have ever spoken to holds the belief that the world is perfect and that they will be happy all the time.

That would be ideal. I totally think about that all the time. "How nice it would be if I could just be in a peaceful state forever. Always listening to music. Always in the presence of someone I trust. Always smoking a blunt."
That would be amazing.

But I know the world isn't like that. Everyone I talk to knows the world isn't like that and that it can't be that way. I suck at school. I feel stupid all the time. I have a hard time feeling like I'm good enough.
I struggle to make friends. I feel weak and small and worthless.
But so what? As of right now, I wanna live. Doesn't mean I think everything is all sunshine and rainbows. And I don't expect it to one day be all sunshine and rainbows either.

So don't rope me in with some idea that I think the world is perfect just because I finally accepted that I'll have moments of bliss that make me think it's worth it to go on. It's honestly somewhat rage-inducing lol. But I keep my cool for the most part :sunglasses:

Reactions: sserafim
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I think a lot of people here have a mindset that people who want to live and want others to live believe that the world is perfect.

Where did this notion come from?

I wanna post my perspective. Based on my experiences, nobody I have ever spoken to holds the belief that the world is perfect and that they will be happy all the time.

That would be ideal. I totally think about that all the time. "How nice it would be if I could just be in a peaceful state forever. Always listening to music. Always in the presence of someone I trust. Always smoking a blunt."
That would be amazing.

But I know the world isn't like that. Everyone I talk to knows the world isn't like that and that it can't be that way. I suck at school. I feel stupid all the time. I have a hard time feeling like I'm good enough.
I struggle to make friends. I feel weak and small and worthless.
But so what? As of right now, I wanna live. Doesn't mean I think everything is all sunshine and rainbows. And I don't expect it to one day be all sunshine and rainbows either.

So don't rope me in with some idea that I think the world is perfect just because I finally accepted that I'll have moments of bliss that make me think it's worth it to go on. It's honestly somewhat rage-inducing lol. But I keep my cool for the most part :sunglasses:
I highly doubt anybody says that. I have not seen anyone here claim that wanting to live means that you think the world is perfect. You only need to watch the news once to learn that. For me, I'd love to live but certain aspects of my life and my mental health issues make every day extremely hard.

There's some people on here who do believe that living and existence is inherently bad. Now that's something you can criticize lol ;)

aaturtle

aaturtle

sativa!
Sep 26, 2023
I highly doubt anybody says that. I have not seen anyone here claim that wanting to live means that you think the world is perfect. You only need to watch the news once to learn that. For me, I'd love to live but certain aspects of my life and my mental health issues make every day extremely hard.

There's some people on here who do believe that living and existence is inherently bad. Now that's something you can criticize lol ;)
I agree kinda. Very few people would actually believe something like that, but I saw someone say those exact words. I couldn't possibly come up with them on my own. Then I saw people agreeing with that person, so naturally it brought on my assumption that this is a genuine belief that enough people hold (even if it's only like 10 people total lol).
I'm in a similar boat. I also wanna live, but have mental health issues that make things harder for me too, so I hear you on that. Overcoming these mental health issues is definitely an uphill battle unfortunately, but I'm trusting the process šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Reactions: sserafim