greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I always thought that if you built a system of government (historically primarily communist) that had to prevent people from leaving in order to continue functioning, that was pretty much a sign that you had failed in some fundamental way. I never understood how places like the GDR/East Germany could justify building a wall to prevent people from escaping en masse and somehow still continue to think that they had built a decent place to live for their citizens.

But that's essentially what we've created for everyone on the planet, we've somehow collectively engineered a type of totalitarianism that has to actively prevent people from exiting through massive propaganda campaigns, social pressure/stigma, and depriving people of dignified and peaceful means to do so.

To me the fact that so much effort has to be invested into preventing people from killing themselves is an indictment of our modern societies and the type of lives that many are born into.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, blacktrain98, NegativeSymptoms and 26 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
To me the fact that so much effort has to be invested into preventing people from killing themselves is an indictment of our modern societies and the type of lives that many are born into.

True! And the thing is...the number of suicidal cases is only increasing! Especially in "first-class" countries such as Japan!
They need to allowe assisted suicide all over the world and we all will be happy.

Reactions: DoNotLet2, profoundexperience, blahblahhh and 5 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Democracy at the end is very similar to totalitarianism. But instead of saying "You did something bad so I punish you" it says "You did something bad so I'm gonna brainwash everyone else into punishing you"

• Love
Reactions: DoNotLet2, profoundexperience, Fragile and 3 others
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
This is a really interesting thought, you're totally right

Reactions: DoNotLet2, profoundexperience and pthnrdnojvsc
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
People cannot be allowed to leave the plantation. Who else would pay the inflated pensions and bank executive salaries ?

• Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime, DoNotLet2, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Very interesting point. I see it as akin to kidnapping in a sense. It´s outrageous what we have to go through to end our lives on top of the problems we obviously all endure.

Reactions: profoundexperience, Bigpink and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I always thought that if you built a system of government (historically primarily communist) that had to prevent people from leaving in order to continue functioning, that was pretty much a sign that you had failed in some fundamental way. I never understood how places like the GDR/East Germany could justify building a wall to prevent people from escaping en masse and somehow still continue to think that they had built a decent place to live for their citizens.

But that's essentially what we've created for everyone on the planet, we've somehow collectively engineered a type of totalitarianism that has to actively prevent people from exiting through massive propaganda campaigns, social pressure/stigma, and depriving people of dignified and peaceful means to do so.

This website is the only place left on Earth at least that i have seen where people actually talk about reality as your post shows. i at least have long ago seen through the propaganda. I see how bad life really is and it is a prison. I see your point that the prison wall is the pro-life and anti-suicide propaganda , the social and legal constraints against suicide. Life can be hell in many ways as in homelessness, cancer, hunger, accidents, paralysis, stroke, old age, lyme, false imprisonment, injustice, pain , suffering, etc etc etc. . I don't buy that life is sacred and that suicide and Death are evil. To me suicide will solve all my problems - no life no problems. suicide is a way out of the prison and a big fu imo

I don't even see a purpose to life and i see it as meaningless. And i hate working so hard to feed and shelter this body for what purpose? I hate working.

Tolstoy from his book a confession :

"I found that for people of my circle there were four ways out of the terrible position in which we are all placed.

The first was that of ignorance. It consists in not knowing, not understanding, that life is an evil and an absurdity."

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kekcal24, it's_all_a_game, Belaya Noch and 5 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019

This is a fantastic way of putting it-

it shows the power of governments, why are they allowed to have such an immense control over the lives of millions?

The reality is that freedom is not compatible with any form of government, it's always about how many freedoms are you willing to sacrifice in order to be part of society, however, there is no way to not be part of it, you'll always end up forced to comply since there is no place where you can go and be truly free.

Dying is the only way to truly break free from this, and that's why they are so against it in every way imaginable.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, Amber1974!! and 4 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
The best thing you can do is celebrate when agents of the government die or are killed. For me , this consists of laughing violently when I see that US or Chinese soldiers are murdered fighting some distant war to steal natural resources. I think of the intense pain their families will feel every day for the rest of their lives as a consequence of their soldier relatives signing up to willingly murder innocent people. This pain is well deserved

I don't know about that, soldiers are just the lower class people who got brainwashed into nationalism or had no other career options, they are victims in their own way, army people suffer horribly from ptsd and similar stuff, and the ones who don't come home end up dying for nothing other than filling the pockets of tyrants.

If you live your life getting told that murdering innocents is justified, then you'll have

The horrible people behind their actions are the ones to blame, and they are not the ones carrying the weight of their own crimes, because people end up blaming the proxies and they know it, that's why they get away with so much.

Reactions: Belaya Noch
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I don't know about that, soldiers are just the lower class people who got brainwashed into nationalism or had no other career options, they are victims in their own way, army people suffer horribly from ptsd and similar stuff, and the ones who don't come home end up dying for nothing other than filling the pockets of tyrants.

If you live your life getting told that murdering innocents is justified, then you'll have

The horrible people behind their actions are the ones to blame, and they are not the ones carrying the weight of their own crimes, because people end up blaming the proxies and they know it, that's why they get away with so much.
Based on actuarial tables Henry Kissinger has about a 1/3 chance of dying this year .
Let us hope ....

Reactions: ihatemen420
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
The best thing you can do is celebrate when agents of the government die or are killed. For me , this consists of laughing violently when I see that US or Chinese soldiers are murdered fighting some distant war to steal natural resources. I think of the intense pain their families will feel every day for the rest of their lives as a consequence of their soldier relatives signing up to willingly murder innocent people. This pain is well deserved
Dude what the fucking hell seriously. That is fucked up.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, greyhound and 2 others
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
You can do whatever you want good or not the decision is ours not from other people

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
They need to allowe assisted suicide all over the world and we all will be happy.
Provided that depression would be looked at as a valid reason for assisted suicide.

Reactions: Deleted member 24645
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
They don't go overseas to kill anyone, their job is to restore freedom, for themselves and the people, taken away by narcissistic rulers.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
They don't go overseas to kill anyone, their job is to restore freedom, for themselves and the people, taken away by narcissistic rulers.
If freedom is a substitute word for "cheap oil to fill the worlds SUVs", then your summary of world affairs is accurate.

Reactions: ihatemen420
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019

If you are religious imagine a demon spitting in their faces forever and ever
You realize that those US soldiers who go overseas to fight a "war" are lied to about why they're there and are only doing what they're ordered to do, so that they'll earn a lousy paycheck to hopefully feed their families. It's a job for them to earn a living! Wtf is your problem?! Regardless, they're human beings! You sound like a sociopath to me.

Reactions: Meretlein
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
right now , there are families all over america morning their dead troops. All of them deserve to be miserable for the rest of their lives as their US war dead are responsible for outright theft and murder in Iraq and elsewhere. I laugh in their faces and remind them their families are now fertilizer , and will serve a much better purpose in death than they ever would have in life

If you are religious imagine a demon spitting in their faces forever and ever

Coincidentally I'm in the middle of reading this book right now:

"MacMillan argues that war — fighting and killing — is so intimately bound up with what it means to be human that viewing it as an aberration misses the point; it's in our bones...

MacMillan shows how the need to protect oneself — or one's tribe or nation — has influenced nearly every aspect of human history. To explain this, she lays out a series of historical paradoxes: In ancient times, people's need for safety and security led them to organize themselves, eventually, into states — but the state is nothing if not a highly efficient apparatus for making war. And yet if powerful states are good at making war, weaker ones are even more dangerous: Civilians who live under failed states — think Afghanistan or Yemen today — suffer the most. "Mere existence does not entitle a nation to political independence: only the force to assert itself as a state among others," said a member of the Frankfurt Parliament in 1848....

But war is not merely a negative force; it's an engine of change and creativity. It helped create the modern bureaucracy, and it made rulers more democratic because they needed healthy, educated people to fight. War helped liberate women, not just on the home front but even on the battlefield, where increasingly they fought; and war forced artists — like the Cubists and the Vorticists — to look at the world in new ways."

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653 and Fragile
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
The fact that our society has to go to such extremes in order to prevent suicide is proof that we need to improve many elements about the world we live in, and also humanity as a whole.

Reactions: greyhound and Sprite_Geist
ihatemen420

ihatemen420

weed addict, antinatalist, loser
Jan 8, 2021
A dead us soldier is the most beautiful thing that one can ever witness. Hacked into pieces by IEDs, bleeding out of every orifice as punishment for enlisting to kill civilians .
So based and so true. Sometimes I feel guilt for wanting to die because it would make my parents sad. But then I remember my parents are army veterans and I lose all my guilt lol.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Pro-lifers are evil and completely ignorant. I stand for the right of each individual to choose death, no matter their age, condition, or reasons for doing so. I will decide what the solution to my suffering is, and no-one is permitted to interfere. Stupid, evil society.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
A dead us soldier is the most beautiful thing that one can ever witness. Hacked into pieces by IEDs, bleeding out of every orifice as punishment for enlisting to kill civilians .
My today's thinking is that people who fight the war aren't the ones who declare it. But I guess that depends on how you define "declaration". I'm pretty sure some definitions would include voluntarily enlistment in the army. He's dead anyway. Assuming I'm considering people who murder innocents to be evil and deserving punishment, I wouldn't call death to be a suitable punishment since it implies inflicting bad things and/or depriving of good things, and on the spectrum of good-bad things that can happen to a human being I would consider death to be somewhere in the middle. Maybe even leaning to the good side a bit.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah you're right, I didn't really look at it this way. That we are only being distracted so that we keep working till we die..

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Dude what the fucking hell seriously. That is fucked up.
Did you report this person? Next time, (if you didn't), please report this person. I've done so twice on this thread alone. We need to get this guy/girl banned.
No amount of reporting that you do will ever bring a single US soldier back to life or bring one drop of water to their singed tongues in hell.
Trolling on a suicide website, you must be so proud of yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: greyhound