• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
I think the biggest shame about how the pro life society reacts to actively suicidal people (hosptlisation and prevention) is that it prevents sucidal people being able to talk about their feelings and openly saying farewell.

When thinking/planning my own death one of the hardest things alongside SI is to cope with is how it will be impact my family. My mum in particular struggles with loss (from losing her parents, and my brother). My imagination always acts out her reaction when she finds out by the police etc. It would be a surprise and hurt her alot - I fear it would take along time for her to move on.

If we lived in a society which respected people choices I for example could be open about my desires. It would not be an easy conversation but an important one, where I could rationalise it and help them come to terms with it as my descison. It would make it alot easier for them to move on a live happy lives.

I just think it's a sad consequence on how we look at sucide in todays world.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Personal choice about one's own body should be respected. To foist this 'life cult' on others by making what should be easy, a painful process is disgusting.

If only there were some relatives left behind by suicide who understood that it was the right thing to do for their loved one instead of being forced to deny and fight it. It would surely make it easier for them to accept and make peace with it. But it's so taboo for them to say that, you never hear it. If all becomes about them and their grieving.

Helween

Helween

This is this and that is that.
Apr 13, 2024
True, i'm not very close of my foster family, but it pain me to know that if my foster mom happens to know i'm gone it'll break her heart she already lost alot of her family herself that and the fact that we can't really have a proper conversation/goodbye with those we love since it could jeopardize our freedom.

• Hugs
Reactions: Redleaf1992
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think this is such a good point. If suicide were more widely talked about without fear of such heavy handed responses, people could well even be helped earlier too- if recovery is still even on the cards. Plenty of people likely don't even bother reaching out because they know the response won't help them.

The best case scenario to my mind would be assisted suicide being more widely available to people in clinics. That way- the police don't even have to get involved. We don't have to traumatise others with having to scrape up and identify our mangled corpses. Families could be supported throughout and after the process. We could even donate our organs.

But, I completely agree. The way suicide is just feared and white washed over or, we're lead to believe a helpline will solve everything doesn't do anyone any favours. Not even people who may actually be open to trying to recover. If their life is going to get much worse for revealing how they feel- they won't do it!

I'm hoping to stick around till my Dad goes first but, if I knew I couldn't do that, I probably would want to warn him. I've toyed with the idea but I doubt I'd ever get him to understand. He'd be so upset I think too, so it just doesn't feel possible for me. I wish attitudes were different.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Those pro-life people truly just cause way more unnecessary suffering, it's tragic how there is no acceptance towards suicide as a very valid personal choice.

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
But, I completely agree. The way suicide is just feared and white washed over or, we're lead to believe a helpline will solve everything doesn't do anyone any favours. Not even people who may actually be open to trying to recover. If their life is going to get much worse for revealing how they feel- they won't do it!

100% another things I notice is that it's pretty common to see threads on SS ask about what they can and can't share with their therapist/psychologist to avoid hostpilisation.

The problem is that by not being able to share how we fully feel any treatment won't be as effective or not catered to our actual needs. I'm the same that I obviously don't share everything but wish I could.

Another consequence by societies view of suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep