• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Hello, I just read this reddit post (TW: Sexual Abuse) and I feel truly disgusted at the complete disregard of human rights. I want to try and make a difference in making society aware of these issues, I absolutely loathe sexual abuse. I was involuntarily put in a hospital and luckily I was allowed to leave with the help of my mother which I am beyond grateful for since legally they're allowed to HOLD ME THERE, unwillingly despite me saying I was no longer actively suicidal and were THREATENING keeping me there longer.

It was complete hell, I started to dissociate from time and reality since I couldn't leave my room as there was an open area with other patients. I absolutely hate the stigma surrounding suicide and how human rights go out the window the second you say you want to kill yourself. I deserve my human rights as much as the next person, I believe it is completely cruel what happened to this person.

I want to advocate for the right to die or at least in Australia although Australia has shown complete disregard to the cause like blocking SS. I hate how you need to be shown that you have a right to die instead of learning it.

If anyone can help me advocate for these rights I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: If you're interested by what I said there's another post which inspired me to write this by TAW122, I'll link it here.

Higuri

Higuri

Flower
Mar 28, 2023
That post was really sad, and seeing replies that victim blamed her instead of addressing the underlying issue of what happened to her makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine sharing my suicidal thoughts to my family (not like any of them will care) because I don't want to be thrown into a ward and treated like a criminal for nothing.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
That post was really sad, and seeing replies that victim blamed her instead of addressing the underlying issue of what happened to her makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine sharing my suicidal thoughts to my family (not like any of them will care) because I don't want to be thrown into a ward and treated like a criminal for nothing.
100%, the people saying it was for her "protection" were nothing short of twisted. She was abused by the workers and system and knowing this others will happily support and defend the system when it fails horrifically. I don't care if you are pro-life, sexual assault is not tolerable.

It's an eye-opening post of what it is life in other countries and needs to change. Whatever the publics views of suicide is are severely twisted and thus I am trying to advocate for this. Personally I'm more angry rather than sad although must be so discouraging to be left broken and violated after being "helped".

For me my suicidal ideations and thoughts were shared by my mental health team to "keep me safe". It always feels like I'm betrayed, like how do you know that? I really like all the people I see and it's hard to not open up.

I remember telling them about my plans of using SN although I did not name it or give too many details and she kept asking me for details on it. I don't want to be in limbo - it's recovery or die trying. I just heavily dislike the mental health system treating those with mental illness as people without the mind to make clear decisions for themselves even when it's clear they are.

Higuri

Higuri

Flower
Mar 28, 2023
100%, the people saying it was for her "protection" were nothing short of twisted. She was abused by the workers and system and knowing this others will happily support and defend the system when it fails horrifically. I don't care if you are pro-life, sexual assault is not tolerable.

It's an eye-opening post of what it is life in other countries and needs to change. Whatever the publics views of suicide is are severely twisted and thus I am trying to advocate for this. Personally I'm more angry rather than sad although must be so discouraging to be left broken and violated after being "helped".

For me my suicidal ideations and thoughts were shared by my mental health team to "keep me safe". It always feels like I'm betrayed, like how do you know that? I really like all the people I see and it's hard to not open up.

I remember telling them about my plans of using SN although I did not name it or give too many details and she kept asking me for details on it. I don't want to be in limbo - it's recovery or die trying. I just heavily dislike the mental health system treating those with mental illness as people without the mind to make clear decisions for themselves even when it's clear they are.
The awful thing is that to the public the moment we for once be brutally truthful with them regarding what we think and feel we become criminals who cannot be trusted because of wrongthink. I don't know how to actually challenge this prevailing belief but I truly wish you the best at that. It takes guts to counter what people think when it's the mainstream take.

I have never shared my suicidal thoughts with anyone I personally know and I'm too scared to do it lest they think of me as someone insane who should be locked up.

Reactions: 0000000000000
N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
The awful thing is that to the public the moment we for once be brutally truthful with them regarding what we think and feel we become criminals who cannot be trusted because of wrongthink. I don't know how to actually challenge this prevailing belief but I truly wish you the best at that. It takes guts to counter what people think when it's the mainstream take.

I have never shared my suicidal thoughts with anyone I personally know and I'm too scared to do it lest they think of me as someone insane who should be locked up.
I'm quite open with my thoughts, with this case I just cannot stand to be silent any longer. If the mainstream take is promoting sexual abuse then I'm against it. It has gone too far if people like this have been popping up when people in need of help get you were abused for your safety!

Just pure vile filth honestly.

You don't need to share your suicidal thoughts as they are very personal although I do support sharing your thoughts and feelings in a healthy way. This thread is also sort of a vent for my anger regarding this so I'm sorry if I come off too strong. Sharing your thoughts on here I found is a lot better since everyone here is more used to suicidal thinking and thus it has become normalized. Thanks for talking though. <3

• Love
Reactions: Higuri
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Australia is a very strange place, with a history of both considerable progressivism and also hard-edged conservatism.

We were one of the first countries in the world to allow women to vote, and from memory, Victoria was the first place to make seatbelt-wearing compulsory in cars. Yet in other respects, we've become one of the most conservative and backwards nations (eg. climate/environment). Modern people don't seem to care about anything except football.

Unfortunately, very powerful Christian lobbys dominate the airways around euthanasia debate, and we are lucky to have finally adopted any sort of starting point at all for the terminally ill. At the very least, I would certainly recommend joining one of the existing movements rather than trying to take on this issue as an individual.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Australia is a very strange place, with a history of both considerable progressivism and also hard-edged conservatism.

We were one of the first countries in the world to allow women to vote, and from memory, Victoria was the first place to make seatbelt-wearing compulsory in cars. Yet in other respects, we've become one of the most conservative and backwards nations (eg. climate/environment). Modern people don't seem to care about anything except football.

Unfortunately, very powerful Christian lobbys dominate the airways around euthanasia debate, and we are lucky to have finally adopted any sort of starting point at all for the terminally ill. At the very least, I would certainly recommend joining one of the existing movements rather than trying to take on this issue as an individual.
Are you able to tell me of any of the existing movements?

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
You are right that that thread is disgusting, and it's disgusting what you went through. It's unsurprising that pro-lifers would treat others poorly, considering they don't think anything through, but I was stunned by the responses that poster received. I truly want to die a peaceful death and the threat of being abused in that way is horrifying, it's like they think human rights don't apply if people disagree with them. I hope you find peace from this evil world where torture is seen as acceptable.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Are you able to tell me of any of the existing movements?
I'm not an expert but I've seen the below one. Exit International has the more explicit mission of universal end-of-life choices for rational adults. I don't know how they all compare and so on.

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It really is beyond disgusting how suicidal people are treat so badly by pro suffering people, all those who wish to leave should just be able to exit peacefully without struggle. The lack of acceptance towards the right to die just proves that this world certainly is such a hellish place.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm glad that you are able to take inspiration from my thread and push for pro-choice values and what not. It is indeed traumatic to hear what you been through with the mental health system. It seems like most countries (not limited to the USA) seem to be just as prohibitive and abusive towards those who wish to exit existence. The only major difference between the US and other countries is that while other countries may be just as bad, the US is worse because they send the bill to the person who is receiving the treatment and said person is then on the hook for such an invasive and degrading process during the stay.

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope