N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think this also counts for myself. I often try to remind myself in which ways I am privileged. I live in a country without war, currently I don't live in poverty and I have very good friends. I struggle a lot with life and I will probably have to ctb in the future but still in some sense I am privileged.

I think it is part of our human nature not to realize the things we have until we lose them. This does not count in every scenario but for many (average) people. I had a lot of free time during my period of extreme depression and suicidality. I got used to it. But then I had less free-time for several months. After this stressful period I could enjoy my free-time way more. Only because I was deprived from it for a periodof time I learned to enjoy it more.

I have some neurotypicals as friends. Or I have heard this from other people with average lives. They describe a certain type of boredom with the daily rountines. I envy this feeling they have so much. I worry so much and have so extreme sorrows daily. Healthy people can rely on their skills and capabilities to overcome obstacles. I am very fragile and I am very scared to breakdown even when medium stressful events are happening in my life. I really lack the self-assurance in my abilities. When I felt young I felt like I was invincible ( I was manic but I think many teenagers feel similarly.)

I am really scared about this effect. I think I am used to a lot of privilieges which I am not really aware about. My family helps me a lot financially and for examples with my household. I am scared as shit about my future. I am really scared to lose all of this. And it is very very likely that I will lose all of this. It is so unbelievable this feeling that the worst is likely yet to come. I could throw up when I am thinking about it.

I am not saying that people who are already tortured should get a guilty conscience and be instead aware of their privileges. This phenomenon rather applies to people with average or (very) good lives in my opinion. Many of them cannot really imagine how hell on earth can feels like. It really is a privilege to be healthy and being financially in a good situation.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: bubo, katagiri83, niki wonoto and 3 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
My commie senses are tingling

• Yay!
Reactions: Ringo and Megneedshelp
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
to be honest, killed in war would be nice too. I'd take anything to ctb right now.

Reactions: bubo
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I can relate, since I also come from the 'privileged' position.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
In my experience, it hurts much more to notice what others have which you are without, than it feels good to notice what you have. The universe is such that apparently, it's a tall order to expect us all to have exactly the same. Which is another reason why I hate it here.

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, niki wonoto and katagiri83