QueSeraSera

QueSeraSera

Trust No One
Sep 13, 2018
Please excuse me if this has been discussed. Has anyone posted the best way to remain private while living and also after death?

TOR browsers. Deleting browser history. Keeping online posts (like these) private, even after death. How can we ensure this?

Reactions: Morning Angel, Ben and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
The amount of personal information you expose to the internet can be controlled, for the most part.

As far as interacting on this forum, TOR, proxies, VPN, I know the lingo but I don't know how it works.

If you wish to eliminate the possibility of being identified, don't identify yourself to anybody. Beyond that, use the strategy's on how to disguise your browsing that are readily available.

I've been doxxed after a I had a popular thread on reddit. After reading my comments, I realized I made it easy to identify who I am to anybody who cared.

The average user here has little incentive to try and expose information you are trying to hide. What would be the point? Any light they wanted to shed on you publicly would be quickly moderated; and if they wanted to interfere with your personal life in the shadows, there are precautions you can take that ensure this is extremely difficult for anybody...you just have to implicate them before you've already said too much.

Reactions: NOISYMIND, betteroffdead, DeathBecomesMe and 1 other person
QueSeraSera

QueSeraSera

Trust No One
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks Ben!

Excellent tips.

Reactions: Ben
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I use a VPN (yes, I have to pay for it...bloody thing is $10 a month!) and try to avoid names for things that I don't want others linking me to. Like, I've never used this avatar anywhere else (though I had it saved from someone else's avatar on LJ). I don't really use the darknet; it's too complex to me and bitcoin just confuses me. I accidentally had my real name in Discord when I got added to the SS server so changed that real quick but someone might have noticed briefly. It's a pity you can't have different names on different servers (I also use Discord for WoW so I guess it could be linked back to that since I have my main's name in parentheses so my guild mates know who the fuck I am).

I'm sure if like, my therapist made an account here she'd know who I was in under 2 minutes based on my writing style and things I've said about myself (age, transmasculine, eating disorder, ptsd etc). The name is a toon name on WoW but nowhere else. I used an email that I made 3 seconds before signing up and no longer remember it or the password so I hope I never need it!

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe