Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I was wondering if any if you guys have done that aswell. The last year, i've sometimes not had a job for months, so i just pretended i got a day- or weekcontract somewhere, leave early in the morning and go chill in a parking lot somewhere the entire day.
It's not ideal either, but it prevents tensions at home and i can just sleep, chill on my phone or read a book.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheB0Ar, godsseepiestsoldier, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
So sorry i don't mean to offend, but this made me laugh a lot :D (the pretending to go to work thing is just funny)
That is certainly an interesting thing to do.

But it reminds me of me back in middle school when i used to lie to my parents that i leave for school, but instead went to sleep in under our apartment buildings staircase.

Or sometimes i would just randomly go walk into the city, maybe visit my local library for the sake of it, even tho i don't read books at all, but just passing time while i should be at school.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheB0Ar, Praestat_Mori, Enlighten and 1 other person
L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
If I didn't go to work I would be homeless, again. Then I would be forced to ctb. Maybe you're on to something

If I self sabotage myself enough I will be leaving myself no choice

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Enlighten and HighFlight
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
I was wondering if any if you guys have done that aswell. The last year, i've sometimes not had a job for months, so i just pretended i got a day- or weekcontract somewhere, leave early in the morning and go chill in a parking lot somewhere the entire day.
It's not ideal either, but it prevents tensions at home and i can just sleep, chill on my phone or read a book.
yeah I do this a lot when I head off to college somedays.
just will skip the day and go roam around the city or chill at a lake.
helps me to think about if I'm really serious about ending it

• Hugs
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah I've done that sporadically for the last 3 years or so, accumulating up to approx. 2 years of being a NEET but having to be outside and pretend to go to uni / work

• Hugs
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Maybe we all just need to take a break, whether it be to escape from tension at home, or just for a change in scenery. Regardless the reason, if this helps you cope with your day, then go for it.

@zeek - But with avoiding work and school, there are potential consequences. My youngest son didn't tell us that he hated his school of choice, until it was too late. He lost a semester's tuition and got no credits. But we withdrew him from the school and he's much happier now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Foreverix and Enlighten
Betelgeuse8000

Betelgeuse8000

Professional Ape
Oct 17, 2023
I lost my job like 2 weeks ago but I haven't told a soul yet. I just pretend to go to work but in reality I just meander around the mall thinking of what to do to spend the next 4+ hours. Today was somewhat the same but with college, and instead of just lounging doing nothing, I was ubering across the county trying to set up a PO Box, and then got lunch. It was pretty fun ngl, though I spent at least a hundred dollars on ubers today (I spent another hundred on the PO Box).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
I moved recently so I took the opportunity to get wasted lmao, told my boss i was helping move stuff, when i was just getting fucked up, first thing i did that morning was throw up, also i often take like 15 minutes in the bathroom jus cuz fuck getting back to work, hopefully i wont get fired lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Enlighten
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Interesting. Glad i'm not the only one.
If I didn't go to work I would be homeless, again. Then I would be forced to ctb. Maybe you're on to something

If I self sabotage myself enough I will be leaving myself no choice
I don't mean it in this way though. I have enough money saved up to deal with this.
I should start my training as a train driver in 2 weeks anyway, but in the meantime, i'll prob still do this a couple days.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
Maybe we all just need to take a break, whether it be to escape from tension at home, or just for a change in scenery. Regardless the reason, if this helps you cope with your day, then go for it.

@zeek - But with avoiding work and school, there are potential consequences. My youngest son didn't tell us that he hated his school of choice, until it was too late. He lost a semester's tuition and got no credits. But we withdrew him from the school and he's much happier now.
does he still go to school?
ive just given up on getting my degree, not like im going to use it

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
does he still go to school?
He took that year off, found a part-time job. In the fall, he went back to school, the local community college and has pursued his major there. He finishes his associates this spring, and is looking to transfer to a 4-year program, and is hoping for an athletic scholarship.

So not the typical route, but yes, he still goes to school. He struggles with ADHD, making the academics more difficult but won't take his meds cause they offset his athletic goals.

gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
Ive been doing this aswell, just pretending to go to college and wander around.

Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Never had the nerve to skip a day of work. Too scared of getting fired, plus I just saw it as an obligation.

That being said I've definitely skipped a few uni classes. Sometimes I just email my instructors with some bullshit line like "my train was cancelled" or "I have an appointment I can't re-schedule" or stuff like that, and since they never ask for proof I can get away with it pretty easily. They probably know I'm lying but because I'm an adult they can't push me on it lolol

Reactions: Enlighten