π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
How would you feel if someone told you that you're dying (quite soon).
You no longer have a choice over where/when/how you die (kinda) but you also no longer have to fight your SI nor make your ctb plan.
What would be your reaction?

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and voyager
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I'd be happy that I wouldn't have to deal with SI and I wouldn't have to tell people that I want to ctb. However I'd end up being stressed knowing that I need to put a plan in place to ensure my family is taken care of once I'm gone.

• Love
Reactions: wastingtime, mouseteacup and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
If it's a relatively peaceful death where some day in the next 6 weeks you'll either not wake up or just collapse suddenly, I would feel a huge relief. No worries about acquiring something or willing myself to jump. Just do what I want in the knowledge that it'll all be over soon.

If it's a standard terminal illness where my body breaks down and I suffer greatly in those 6 weeks, I'd feel even more desperate to find a way that I can end it. Maybe I wouldn't have to fight SI much if there's no longer even a tiny chance of things getting better.

• Love
Reactions: mouseteacup, ForgottenAgain and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd just feel relieved by the fact that soon enough I'll be eternally unaware. I see to cease existing as the best possible outcome as one cannot suffer from the absence of everything, it's comforting to think of existence no longer being my concern.

Reactions: sserafim, denix66 and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Relief. Higher chance of being able to go peacefully and legally, being able to prepare my loved ones ahead of time, not having to be alone when I go.

Although I guess it would depend on the details. As long as it was six months or less and I could convince my family not to waste money on treatment, then absolutely. It sounds so fucked up to wish for a terminal illness, especially when so many people with terminal illnesses want to live and deserve to live, but it would make things so much easier

• Love
Reactions: Lloydbro, KsmΠΈda, mouseteacup and 1 other person
π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Oct 28, 2023
It sounds so fucked up to wish for a terminal illness, especially when so many people with terminal illnesses want to live and deserve to live
I feel bad wishing it sometimes because of exactly what you said. So many terminally ill peple wishing to have more time while I'm over here wishing to be 6 feet under

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: movinout17, Passersby, voyager and 1 other person
peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
Obviously it would suck if others knew about the condition,
they would then try to put up a facade and pretend they cared for you and some other bullshit.
But if I was the only one that knows it then, it is what it is

Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
Division Day

Division Day

Oct 28, 2023
I feel bad wishing it sometimes because of exactly what you said. So many terminally ill peple wishing to have more time while I'm over here wishing to be 6 feet under
To me that just makes it more frustrating that we're refused the chance to die in a decent way. Idk what shape my organs are in, but at least some of them could save someone's life. But no matter how I ctb, they're going to be no good to anyone. So maybe 5 lives are wasted.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: flower_g1rl and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Oct 28, 2023
To me that just makes it more frustrating that we're refused the chance to die in a decent way. Idk what shape my organs are in, but at least some of them could save someone's life. But no matter how I ctb, they're going to be no good to anyone. So maybe 5 lives are wasted.
Well, organs from person who ctb are least preffered but with current organ shortage crisis they don't look as down on it as they used to. I guess also depends how you ctb, not sure.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Would love to be put in such a position, tbh. Like for instance in a plane going down or so. Knowing one is going to die has it merits. Knowing it'll be over for sure and one won't suffer no more. Had a medical situation once where I thought it was the case and came to accept it. Had no worries at all anymore and it was extremely peaceful.

But as a terminal illness, hm, have two potentially lethal issues, but medicate them both because they're not a nice way to go and want to stay in control so that it ultimately remains my choice. Would probably commit ctb out of protest when things get too rough.

tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i have some major health problems and have knocked on deaths door a few times. whenever i feel like something is seriously wrong, i always wish super hard that it just kills me this time. however it still freaks me out and i get scared. i think the fear comes from not wanting to go to the hospital anymore and less from dying. its not exactly the same as having a terminal illness with a somewhat set amount of time to live. in that situation i think i would feel scared but relieved. dying is extremely hard and so not having to worry about it takes a lot off the plate. i think a lot of us do dangerous things (smoking, drinking, being reckless ect) searching for it. it also takes responsibility off of you. no one gets blamed for dying of cancer like they get blamed for dying by suicide. i don't actively wish for it to happen to me tho

Reactions: Ashu
Division Day

Division Day

Oct 28, 2023
Well, organs from person who ctb are least preffered but with current organ shortage crisis they don't look as down on it as they used to. I guess also depends how you ctb, not sure.
I honestly had no idea there was a preference. I just meant that most methods don't leave anything of use, and even if your method didn't ruin your liver they'd need to find you very quickly to salvage it... and we can't really risk being found quickly in case we're "saved" with bad damage.

It sucks.

flower_g1rl

flower_g1rl

sep 22, 2019
Oct 25, 2023
happy

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
1. "Oh how terrible!" I exclaim while taking 1-2 days to "come to terms" with my fate. The masses are upset but understanding.
2. Buy life insurance
3. Die

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I would be glad to hear that. There was a time when I wouldn't have wanted to hear that and would have been upset but that is not the case anymore. As long as it wasn't drawn out and I didn't have to suffer with whatever it was going to be that kills me. I also wouldn't have to ctb then.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I would be so happy to hear it, course I'd not show my joy. I would be so happy to have a great supply of narcotics & just get to death already. I've accepted that no matter what my life will be shit & horrible suffering as long as I'm alive. Seriously the best part of my day is when I can cross the day off the calendar, meaning I'm closer to being done. So in short I'd be fucking thrilled

Reactions: sserafim and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
It would really depend on how much time I'd have left. But I know for sure I'd be relieved that I can quit my job, and I'd also be rushing to get things in order (will, passwords, general organization, etc.).

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Extremely relieved. If it's going to be at any time, I would spend every possible last moment in my room. If it's only when I'm asleep, I'll spend every day exploring and looking at places within a 24 hour radius.

Reactions: sserafim and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
KsmΠΈda

KsmΠΈda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
That would be great, because I wouldn't have to kill myself and be known as that one person that comitted suicide. It would also mean that if there is a god, then I won't go to hell since I died of natural causes.
I could also just give up doing the things I have to everyday and be truly free.

Reactions: Passersby, sserafim and π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†
AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
You no longer have a choice over where/when/how you die (kinda) but you also no longer have to fight your SI nor make your ctb plan.
hoping for this every day

painIess

painIess

Suicide in painless...
Jul 30, 2023
I'd probably buy some crazy expensive whiskey to celebrate, then get underwhelmed because it probably wouldn't be as good as I expected and go back to the good old Wild Turkey 101

Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and movinout17
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
Based on that information alone, I would be afraid, since I do not know how I will die. If I knew that I was going to die in my sleep / some other peaceful method, then I wouldn't be so worried. I would want to get everything I want to do before I die done as soon as possible. I would write letters to my loved ones, visit the places I want to see, and do whatever I want, knowing that the end is coming. I would also want to know how soon the death was going to be. While I may not get an exact death, knowing if it would be in six months, three months, a month, two weeks, a week, etc... would help me plan my end to be as fulfilling as it could be.

Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and Ashu
OreosAndDeath

OreosAndDeath

Fellow flesh prison
Oct 27, 2023
I'd turn into the guy from the video where he says "lord have mercy I'm about to bust"

But seriously, I'd buy a ton of stimulants and try to speedrun a bunch of books. Then just before I go I'll finally try meth.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I would be happy. Finally I have a guaranteed way out of this world. I would go traveling and eat as much good food as I could before I die.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
This may actually be my situation. I've let a serious sign of deadly illness go for a few years. As time passes, any relief I once felt at the prospect is steadily being overshadowed by growing terror at what will likely be a very slow and agonizing death, and by remorse for the eventual separation from my wife and the suffering this will cause her.

• Hugs