InigoDeux40

InigoDeux40

Under The Killing Moon
Jun 16, 2024
Hi, for a long time I been having this message store and I want to just take it out of my chest, this is just a vent, I'm not looking for diagnostics or advice or anything like that, if you want to share your experience/opinion feel free.

For years, I've been experiencing a lot of weird things. The last time I was able to truly focus in a class was back in high school when I was around 14 O 15 years old. Now I'm 22, and this has become one of my biggest challenges. I constantly struggle to concentrate in class and as a result, my grades suffer. I find myself daydreaming a lot, to the point where I can't even remember when these episodes started or how long they've lasted. This leads me to the next major issue - my memory problems. I have difficulty recalling a lot of my school years, from kindergarten to my first attempt at university (now on my second attempt in a different institution, I sabotage myself and now I'm 2 years behind). I often forget things that were told to me in the moment, and I struggle to retain any type of information. It's as if it slips away as soon as I see it. I've even forgotten some people I went to school with, as well as extended family members(we don't see each other a lot actually).

I can't quite find the right words to describe how I feel, but I don't want to simply label it as 'depression'. However, I've been experiencing a constant state of a extreme boredom with a sinking, hollow feeling for years, not ambitions of hope and I actually feel like I couldn't even give a darn about this, like I just don't care what happens. If everything were to fall apart and I were to came all undone an unhinged which might end in suicide, I will probably just accept it. Actually is kind of fantasy sometimes, I been having suicidal thoughts since I was like 12. Additionally, I struggle to maintain relationships. I only have one friend, since high school who doesn't mind when I disappear out of nowhere without explication. Other than him, I've never been able to sustain any long-term relationships, be it romantic, friendships, or even enemies. Strangely, I don't feel particularly bothered by this.

I also want to mention that I've been struggling with self-harm since I was 11 years old. I got some ugly scars that can only be covered with tattoos (I don't mind this either). I know it's messed up, but these days, the most I feel is a bit of anxiety, disgust, and boredom. The other emotions are mild, fleeting, and ultimately unimportant.

By the way, lately I been avoiding classes and I'm cancelling a hang out with the friend because I don't want to interact with no one. I'm truly debating If I should star making a 'ending plan'.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sovcat, murmur and 1 other person
pinkpetal

pinkpetal

Jun 25, 2024
I can relate to your story quite well, I was a bright student during high school and I had proper goals but then in my college years, I started hating the course, I felt that they weren't doing enough to guide me or teach me. It felt like I was being treated like a robot, to study for exams rather than study to question the principles and fascinate yourself with curiosity. Then, the extreme disgust gave me some kind of digestive ailment which exacerbated my hatred for classes and I developed anxiety. Over the years, I failed miserably, developed panic attacks, and GAD. For 9 years now, I'm being forced against my wishes to study and I feel so miserable. I lost the will to live and love, I have no idea what to do anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InigoDeux40 and Praestat_Mori