• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If they bring in assisted suicide for the ill and disabled but deny other sound minded adults, do you think that could be argued to be a form of positive discrimination? I guess not though, because most regular people don't see suicide as a positive reward! It would be to us though!

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I tend to see them argue the other way. I've seen them argue that suicide is bad because it denies people the right to live. They'd just say that, by letting other adults die, they're being discriminated against the right to live which is an argument that confuses me but it's an argument that they make nonetheless

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thanks for your responses @sserafim and @SilentSadness . I think maybe I didn't explain my reasoning properly or, maybe I used the wrong word...

I was trying to say: 'positive discrimination' is where a person or group of people- often a minority group are given priority/ privelages over other groups. In this case- assisted suicide. Of course- I'm not arguing that that's wrong. They ought to be given the option first because- they are likely suffering the most. My argument is more- is it positive discrimination to deny the right to die to other adults who aren't ill or disabled? (So long as they can prove they are mentally competent = able to understand and weigh decisions/ rationalise.)

But- like I said, it goes against pro-life ideas to see suicide as something positive! To them, it's the absolute last resort that even someone in the most horrific pain would say they wouldn't choose if they weren't in that pain. The same as the established assisted suicide clinics see it. They don't actually want to accept people who are suicidal as such. More that they have exhausted all other options.

L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Those of us who aren't disabled but still wish to die are seen as being "unsound of mind" and "not having the capacity to make such decisions" because autonomy isn't really autonomy. They say you have the right to choose then take that right away because they don't think you're mentally fit enough, even though it's supposed to be your choice.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I tend to see them argue the other way. I've seen them argue that suicide is bad because it denies people the right to live. They'd just say that, by letting other adults die, they're being discriminated against the right to live which is an argument that confuses me but it's an argument that they make nonetheless

Yeah- that's so true. It was that 'Guardian' article that @an_alias just posted that made me think of this post and, that was all about that. ie. disabled people will be dicriminated against in pushing them to utilise assisted suicide. I think they do actually have a point. I wouldn't put it past our governments to do that. Covertly of course, they'll maybe start cutting more and more funding from things to make their lives even harder and even less worth living but hey- it will still be their choice to die- right?
Those of us who aren't disabled but still wish to die are seen as being "unsound of mind" and "not having the capacity to make such decisions" because autonomy isn't really autonomy. They say you have the right to choose then take that right away because they don't think you're mentally fit enough, even though it's supposed to be your choice.

I want them to prove that I'm not of sound mind. And... if they can... fine- I'll accept it but then- surely- I ought to be entitled to benefits? Why would they want some crazy person doing any kind of job?

They shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Either, I'm of sound mind and so- should be able to make the most crucial decision there is- whether I keep living or not. Or- I'm not of sound mind. In which case- the state should surely be looking after me.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's beyond disgusting and unnacceptable how it's not already avaliable for all. Nobody should be forced to delay their inevitable fate in this cruel and meaningless existence, sorry but suicide gatekeeping and discrimination is just evil, people should be able to die in peace exactly when they want to as it's their existence and their decision to make, not other people's. Death cannot be "bad" as all suffering is as a result of existence and nobody can be harmed by the absence of everything, it's like so many people forget we are all just going to die anyway as well.
Delaying the inevitable just means more opportinies to suffer so unnecessarily, no matter what I'd always prefer to cease existing. In my case I see suicide as something positive as it's suffering prevention and the way to find peace from the burden of existing as a human, for me having access to a peaceful method like Nembutal would be so incredibly relieving.